Kryk: You could see the latest Bills melodrama coming

YoloinOhio

I'm going to go ahead and say that Brandon would not be at the height of a controversy like this...he's the President of the organization, and it does him no good to go running to the media.

No way this came from Brandon in my opinion. He is just TBD's scapegoat for anything and everything. Edited by GunnerBill

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Apparently - There are 1 or 2 people who think they should have been in the loop and weren't, got pissed, blabbed to Tim Graham. Whether they really should have been, we don't know. There are reasons why these types of things are only told to certain people before they happen. Whaley and pegs probably know who is pissed off and hopefully they rip their a** for the distraction they caused.

Maybe he didn't tell these "sources" because they have a big mouth and can't keep quiet and might have told Fred or the media before they were able to talk to Fred himself.

True...it doesn't mesh with the idea that "some coaches" were caught off guard.

if I recall correctly it was "some coaches" who did not agree he should be cut. It was the couple of football ops folks who were caught off guard.

It could have been any coach - Andre Reed, even.

if I recall correctly it was "some coaches" who did not agree he should be cut. It was the couple of football ops folks who were caught off guard.

It could have been any coach - Andre Reed, even.

You are correct, it was "some coaches didn't agree". It may even have been relevant coaches - RB coach, for example - that kind of thing happens all the time, the RB coach ranks his guys and wants to keep 5, the WR coach ranks his guys and wants to keep 6, the ST guys has a different ranking, the Football Ops bean counters squeal to cut any backup guys who're expensive before the season opener, the coaches dealing with injuries yell to keep more players as insurance 'til the injured players are 100% back.

And someone (that would be Whaley, in the case of the Bills) gets the thankless job of reconciling all the irreconcilable differences and making the tough calls. Only in this case the Bills had a couple of Deep Throats who fluffed it up into a big 'ol fire.

Maybe he didn't tell these "sources" because they have a big mouth and can't keep quiet and might have told Fred or the media before they were able to talk to Fred himself.

I think the smart money bets your way. It's probably true Whaley didn't act as Football Ops asked him to, and that's probably why. I mean, look at the evidence - they couldn't keep quiet afterwards when the deed was already done, why would anyone with neurons think they'd (whoever they are) sit quietly on a juicy and controversial news item?

No way this came from Brandon in my opinion. He is just TBD's scapegoat for anything and everything.

Agree. Brandon is riding high with the Pegulas, has been publically quoted as saying he's 100% hands off football roster decisions and hockey roster decisions, and has no reason to tarnish himself.

Edited by Hopeful

I've read umpteen of your posts and they bore me. I love the irony of you calling out someone for not agreeing to your point of view. I really like how you took the high road with Hopeful. That poster should feel grateful that they are now on your ignore list. Who wants to have discourse with someone who is thoughtful and backs up their opinion with facts?

Am I supposed to care that I bore you, or that you share the POV of someone who repeatedly misrepresented my posts to fit his narrative? I don't. Thanks for sharing, tho. You may be a mod, but I don't have to bow down to your authority if you attack me. I've been civil this entire time despite being attacked on all sides by a series of hostile apologists for the front office. One would think you'd at least respect that, and respect the fact that I put the worst offenders on ignore rather than return fire.

Am I supposed to care that I bore you, or that you share the POV of someone who repeatedly misrepresented my posts to fit his narrative? I don't. Thanks for sharing, tho. You may be a mod, but I don't have to bow down to your authority if you attack me. I've been civil this entire time despite being attacked on all sides by a series of hostile apologists for the front office. One would think you'd at least respect that, and respect the fact that I put the worst offenders on ignore rather than return fire.

"Attacked"

"Hostile"

"Bow down"

Hyperbole much? Lighten up, Francis. Nobody enjoys being proven wrong (especially over and over), but it's just the Internet.

Don't you think it's just a bit disingenuous to say you've been civil when you very clearly suggested that a faction of posters on this board were literally being compensated by the Bills' front office to say what they wanted? Even when phrased with polite wording, that's still a very passive-aggressive way of insulting a large group of posters.

Falling back on a platform of good form is rather misguided, IMO.

& you feel the need to announce that another poster bores you. Again, pot meet kettle.

Your crusade is wearing thin, very thin and not just with me. I just deleted another post of yours where you rehash the same old stuff for the umpteenth time. I will tell you that I'm through with simply deleting your posts and publicly asking you to tone down your act. From here on out I will communicate with you in a more private way. Good day to you sir.

Earth to Negative-0. It's not smart to pick a fight with the Mods. Just sayin'.