Kryk: You could see the latest Bills melodrama coming

YoloinOhio

i admittedly don't vividly remember that transition but I do remember Ted. The thing that stood out to me was how bitter and vocal guys like reed and Thurman were at the time and now they are two of the biggest ambassadors. I sincerely hope Whaley and Fred talk (in time) and though I know he his very hurt, he becomes what Thurman is (or more) to the Bills.

That has to happen. Right now there is so much raw emotion. And Fred alluded that Whaley wasn't honest with him. He is taking this very personal, as would I. Time will cool everything down. And I hope Doug extends an olive branch

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IDK,to me that sounds like a team captain sticking up for his QB? And the managament you may be referring to is now a line coach in Florida? team leaders don't get that tag by not talking.

Here another team captain from the same article on the same day.

"That’s the nature of this business," (Eric) Wood said. "In every city, everybody is in a win-now approach.

"With this reality show the NFL has been made into, it all goes on the quarterback. It’s not really fair."

Wood went on to say that he supports Orton but still has Manuel's back. He added that he wasn't going to have a moment like former Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens had when he cried in a press conference and showed support for his quarterback Tony Romo.

“You have to put that behind you," Wood said. "This stuff happens in this business. … You’ve really got to put your emotions aside on this, no matter what they may be.”

Sound a little different?

I dunno maybe its just me. Because I never saw this great 5th round pick at RB play good enough to unseat Jackson as the #2. I understand he move up the depth chart in camp, and looked good before his injury. Still, lots of RB's look great in camp / pre season to make the team, and then fall on their face once the season starts.

Aside from that it looks like Whaley has been trying to replace Jackson for awhile now. Didn't he try and trade up for Carlos Hyde two years ago, and then go after Bilal Powell this off season?

They cut Reed, Smith and Thomas all on the same day----3 hall of famers...

it happens to the best of them. I have put myself in Fred's shoes and in Whaley's shoes and the bottom line is the whole thing sucks. I feel mightily for Fred. I understand his position, being blindsided. I do think Whaley did the right thing (I don't know about all the communication stuff, but wrt the decision itself). It just sucks. But time and winning heals all and hopefully that happens. And Fred is on the wall someday. Edited by YoloinOhio

I dunno maybe its just me. Because I never saw this great 5th round pick at RB play good enough to unseat Jackson as the #2. I understand he move up the depth chart in camp, and looked good before his injury. Still, lots of RB's look great in camp / pre season to make the team, and then fall on their face once the season starts.

Aside from that it looks like Whaley has been trying to replace Jackson for awhile now. Didn't he try and trade up for Carlos Hyde two years ago, and then go after Bilal Powell this off season?

yes on Hyde, confirmed by Whaley. Yes on Powell per reports but never confirmed by Bills.

He's got one thing right - this was the fault of the Pegulas. They should have never said anything or got involved back in March. (...)

That pained look on Rex's and Doug's face at the press conference was genuine - they knew they botched this. (....)

Maybe the Pegulas didn't get involved. Do you remember the source of that information? The Pegulas never confirmed or denied IIRC

Maybe Rex and Doug looked pained because they genuinely feel bad about cutting players with whom they've worked closely for several months and in Jackson's case years

yep I really think Fred did not like Marrone. It was apparent from beginning to end.

I don't think it was just Marrone either with Hackett running Fred and Spiller right up the middle all the time in that JV offense of his. I think he knew the coaching staff stunk, and was defending his QB. Jackson was also impressed with Kyle Orton and thought it was a good thing for EJ to learn from a QB who spent so much time preparing for a game. Lord knows he probably wasn't learning much from Hackett / Marrone.

The point is whether the coaches believe he played or could play to that level. They see a lot more of the players than we do. And yes, sometimes they're proven wrong in the regular season, it goes with the job.

i believe it was Sal who reported that "some coaches" did not approve of the move. Since Sal technically works for the team I don't know if perhaps that was an intentional leak so the players didn't look at the coaching staff as the bad guys here. Just a thought.

this is probably spot on. blame the GM, players not unhappy with the coach.

yep I really think Fred did not like Marrone. It was apparent from beginning to end.

Maybe he liked Chan better but he still didn't have a problem publicly agreeing with the substance of SJ13's comments after he tossed Gailey under the bus. For those who don't click, here's the gist. Stevie could have said it differently, but he's right, Coach is wrong to not let Fitz audible.

http://www.wnypapers.com/news/article/current/2012/11/27/108768/buffalo-bills-fred-jackson-reacts-to-stevie-johnsons-controversial-comments-after-loss-to-colts

Huge T.O. sized issues? No. Indications that perhaps Fred was a bit of a locker room lawyer when he wasn't getting his way? Yeah, little bit.

Shout at me all you want, that kind of stuff grates on people when it happens over and over again.

edited for weird posting error

Edited by DJasper Probincrux III

Well, the Bills knew what they had in Jackson by missing only two games the last two seasons, and it sure didn't look like he had lost a step after that 41 yard run & score against the Steelers. My point, and apprehensiveness comes from the fact that Rex Ryan has stated that the Greg Roman run playbook is the biggest run playbook in the history of playbooks, and the Bills plan to run the ball more then any team in the history of the NFL.

Now, given those two statements, and the fact that all five of the RB's have been out with injuries this pre season. Then the player with the best yard per carry in the pre season so far is QB Tyrod Taylor with a 9.8 avg, and Jackson right behind him with a 9.6 avg. If a player hasn't hit the wall yet, then why release him?

I suppose we will see how everything plays out this year. I can only hope for the teams sake they made the right move with this.

It does seem like a cold move the way Fred was handled. It is a slap in Fred's face IMO. They do say many CEOs, and those on top of their fields, are psychopaths. They feel no remorse when laying off 20,000, etc. Ice cold move by Doug

so keep FJax on the roster as a charity move? Cutting him at this point gives him the best chance to latch onto another roster.