Kryk: You could see the latest Bills melodrama coming

YoloinOhio

Does this mean Kryk is on the TBD bad reporter list now?

Seriously, the Pegula's were reportedly interested in hiring a football person to oversee that side of the franchise not long ago. Sounds like that individual would come in on matters like this.

But what's clear is that a lot of moves this off-season were pushed by Rex: Harvin, Clay, Incognito. You've got to wonder if Whaley feels like his influence is diminishing with Rex the HC.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is a non-story because for a guy like Freddie, who made a lot of friends on the team and among the FO and coaching staff, somebody wasn't going to be happy that he got cut. But the writing has been on the wall for Freddie given his age, salary, declining production, the addition of McCoy and Karlos Williams, and probably the most damaging thing for him, getting injured and missing several weeks of training camp and 2 pre-season games.

Edited by Doc

and that is supported by what exactly? you criticize a pro reporter citing a source yet lend credence to a message board poster?

i didn't criticize the reporter. I said he had interesting thoughts that other posters here have also mentioned. I said he had fair points... And yes some posters do know people who have real information. Edited by YoloinOhio

and that is supported by what exactly? you criticize a pro reporter citing a source yet lend credence to a message board poster?

Criticizing a reporter whose sources have been sketchy in the past.

But FTR all I brouught up was that "sources" can be almost anyone in the building. it doesn't mean they are well-placed or even particularly influential.

Edited by DJasper Probincrux III

What makes it a mess? I don't get why people are making it bigger then it is. Why not talk about some other old guy getting cut. What about the CB from the bears?

Exactly. I'm sure fans in Chicago (if there are any left) are as heartbroken as we all are about Jennings. I remember him being so good and all, and I'm a little sad about him being cut too. idk, it's the Bills. apparently melodrama is our new thing.

I'm late to this party, but, you're intimating that Jackson wasn't playing his ass off. Do you really believe that?

If a GM or a coach feel like they need a scapegoat they don't go after a long tenured player who is a fan favorite. They go after the 53rd best player.

Lol no, I am talking about how no player is safe. They will get rid of a guy they think can't perform at the highest level, doesn't matter how liked he is.

kelly the dog has indicated something along those lines...

I don't think he is a jerk in any way. Ever. I just know that he was furious at the Bills and was very bitter about how they treated him at that time, and I totally agreed with him. I thought the Bills really screwed him over with the contract when they had him over the barrel.

I think the thought of Whaley going rogue is because of the marketing campaign surrounding Fred Jackson by one of the teams biggest sponsors, and now that player is no longer on the team.

After reading the article is sounds like everyone in the org thought going forward it was to be a "we" decision including Whaley-Ryan- Brandon, and the Pegula's, and clearly some were left out of the process on the marketing side.

The only one I see throwing anyone under the bus is Fred Jackson over the way Doug Whaley released him by giving him no options except a wave goodbye. Jackson saying Whaley wasn't honest with him.

I don't think he is a jerk in any way. Ever. I just know that he was furious at the Bills and was very bitter about how they treated him at that time, and I totally agreed with him. I thought the Bills really screwed him over with the contract when they had him over the barrel.

yes I took it to mean not everything was sunshine and rainbows all the time between he and the Bills, and that can be true of any player

It's funny how some of this has been forgotten (on both sides). They really did screw him on that rfa deal, and he surely was upset. I don't even remember the topics off hand but more than once I've caught jaded comments from Fred that were better left unsaid but not big deals either- but some of that tension between Fred and the front office seems whitewashed because of the closeness between Fred and his teammates and fans. You ever pointed them out and it was quick to be swept under the rug (not that they deserved be a big deal either)

In all honesty I think this was all done so Rex doesn't take any heat. Whaley is handling the fallout.

It'd be fitting at this point if that were true. As the local media melts on the dysfunction, it's possible they are closer than ever.

Heck, even if they disagreed that doesn't mean there's some major problem. Conflicting opinions can even be good.

Edited by NoSaint

yes I took it to mean not everything was sunshine and rainbows all the time between he and the Bills, and that can be true of any player

Stop your blasphemous talk. Criticism of the great Fred Jackson is to be met with excommunication!

Fred Jackson is, was, and always will be the football equivalent of Bill Brasky.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/braskys-buddies-at-the-bar/n11181

Edited by DJasper Probincrux III

I am concerned about the reporting structure, because Rex had control issues with Idzik where he was squeezed out and Whaley had them with Marrone who tried to seize control of the 53. They all said one direction, one ego, all that... But it's easy to say at a press conference in January. When push comes to shove on huge personnel decisions, it can be ugly.

I am a marketer. But who cares if the marketers are in the loop. That does not constitute sh&^. Glad that the organization is now letting football people make football decisions.

After the decisions are made, then Brandon and his boys can get to work. Fred Jackson was a known possibility to get cut earlier this year. No one should have been blindsided by this.

It does seem like a cold move the way Fred was handled. It is a slap in Fred's face IMO. They do say many CEOs, and those on top of their fields, are psychopaths. They feel no remorse when laying off 20,000, etc. Ice cold move by Doug

It does seem like a cold move the way Fred was handled. It is a slap in Fred's face IMO. They do say many CEOs, and those on top of their fields, are psychopaths. They feel no remorse when laying off 20,000, etc. Ice cold move by Doug

What was he supposed to do? I'm just curious. I think if they held a press conference it would be a slap in the face to Fred and he would be embarrassed having to face some questions.