Now that Fred's time is done where does he rank?

Dragonborn10

I gotta put him third behind OJ and Thurman.

I'd go with this too. However, the Bills seem to always have stud RBs. Travis Hernry and Willis and Antwain Smith were also really good, but not as loyal and didn't hang around as long.

Edited by reddogblitz

Where is Shaud Williams?

well played

Good stuff Dragonborn!! I'd flip Cribbs and Freddy. The guys tied at 8 are really different. 2 were role players and 2 had great seasons but just 1 or 2. It is an interesting topic for sure and you did a nice job on that list.

Totally agree with the group at 8. Spiller might have had the second or third best season ever for a Bills RB. I thought Riddick was a very good player. I remember him playing with a broken wrist. I think he helped Kelly in the early years.

Curiously, Bills history has far more good RBs than QBs.

My top 5:

1. OJ

2. Thurman

3. Freddy

4. Cookie

5 Cribbs

I think Fred belongs on the stadium's Wall of Fame. In fact, I really think Freddy had a shot at being a HOFer if he had (1) played behind better lines, and (2) stayed healthy.

If I'm not mistaken, Fred lead the league in yards after contact one year. I know he was among the leaders for a couple of years. No back in the NFL during Fred's prime did more-with-less the way Fred did. But he was more than just a good runner, he was a complete back - he could block, catch, and would inspire his teammates even when the Bills had no shot at the playoffs. Neither stats nor playoff accomplishments will back me up but I think if circumstances were different, we'd be arguing who's better Thurman or Freddy. A lot of talent and power accompanied Fred's big heart. He's a solid #3 for me and I'm tempted to call him 2b.

Where is Shaud Williams?

I was at the Stick in 2004 when Shaud ran 17 times for 93 yards. The Bills won 41-7 and Williams looked great that day. 9er fans were asking me, "Who's that running back?" McGahee ran for 102 before leaving the game.

1. OJ

2. Thurman

3. Gilchirst

4. Cribbs

5. Jackson

6. Lynch

7. Henry

8. McGahee/Spiller/Davis/Riddick

9. Harmon

10. The rest

Thurman was my favorite player and is the only signed jersey I own. But OJ had once in a life time skills.

Jackson was far more impactful than Cribbs was. He(Cribbs) was also a selfish player if my memory serves me. If this list is based upon just the numbers, then my top 5 looks like this:

1. OJ
2. Thurman
3. Gilchirst
4. Jackson
5. Cribbs
If it's based upon leadership and the ability to carry an entire team on his shoulders, then Freddie moves much closer to the top of this list.
Edited by Homey D. Clown