Our old friend Jairus Byrd

Kirby Jackson

It was a long time ago and I could be wrong, but didn't he have like 8 INTs in 3 games his rookie year? I seem to recall at least half being tipped balls that went right to him. After that his moniker became "ball hawk."

He's a diva and I'm not fond of divas in sports. I wasn't sad to see him go. Now I wasn't on the board back then and obviously didn't take a public stand. So I it's easy to say that I wasn't sad to see him go, true or not.

But -- As a diehard Mets fan -- I'm watching the Matt Harvey debacle with disgust. I hope they trade his a$$ first chance they're offered something decent.

Players who try to hold their teams hostage through their (or their agents') antics can play elsewhere.

He actually got them in 6 games.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When he left I felt relief for the situation being done. Byrd is to much drama and I just don't think he gets how to handle himself as a football player. If I am a Saints fan I am irate at my F.O , the Byrd deal is exactly why the Saints will be bad for a long long time. People in NO better dust off the bags

Like the link says, if Byrd were to retire today, the Saints can go after the $8.8M prorated signing bonus. Maybe even the $6M roster bonus. Most likely though he doesn't decide to retire until next off-season so he can get that $6M roster bonus and another $2.2M in signing bonus, plus his base salary of $2M. $10.2M for not playing for a year. Gotta love it.

I wish someone would pay me $10.2m for not playing this year.

• 2 months later...