Our old friend Jairus Byrd

Kirby Jackson

Who is Byrd's Agent again. A Mr. Eugene Parker? I know he is just doing his job representing his client but it seems he is involved in a lot of deals that don't go well for teams. You wonder how much he knows about the clients health (mentally and physically) and keeps to himself. If I were dealing with him I would do triple diligence before signing a client of his.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is Byrd's Agent again. A Mr. Eugene Parker? I know he is just doing his job representing his client but it seems he is involved in a lot of deals that don't go well for teams. You wonder how much he knows about the clients health (mentally and physically) and keeps to himself. If I were dealing with him I would do triple diligence before signing a client of his.

he is also EJ's agent. And many many others. It would be tough to choose players by their agents though some do have better relationships with teams than others.

Not like people can predict what will happen. Some didn't want him some did.

i did want him to stay, thought he was a great player... But when I saw how much he got in FA I didn't think he was worth it.

ESPN Radio New Orleans is reporting a major story to break tomorrow, evidently. This could be it.

Doesn't sound like it to me:

Something big is coming to ESPN New Orleans, so don't miss The Scott Alexander Show Thursday to find out what it is!

Doesn't sound like it to me:

Something big is coming to ESPN New Orleans, so don't miss The Scott Alexander Show Thursday to find out what it is!

What a shameless plug!!

I expect better from you.

Byrd has gone rogue. This makes me love Aaron Williams that much more!

Spongebob has gone rogue. He's taken over my avatar.

Giving a massive bonus and guaranteed money to any player is a gamble.

At least trading Jimmy Graham to help pay Byrd, oops

Chip will trade for him

Byrd is a former Duck

Eagles Rumors: Philadelphia interested in Robert Griffin III if Washington Redskins cut him
Edited by ALF

this is the poster child example of why players go for the big contract around year 4 or 5. and why I do not begrudge them for doing so. all it takes is one injury, and its all over. now his career is probably over, but it paid off. good for you J. , you played it safe and took care of business.

this is the poster child example of why players go for the big contract around year 4 or 5. and why I do not begrudge them for doing so. all it takes is one injury, and its all over. now his career is probably over, but it paid off. good for you J. , you played it safe and took care of business.

Also a good poster child for why it's not always a good idea to "pay da man" whatever he wants.

Recap:

Says that he is healthy but not wanting to return.

-His meniscus has healed and he has been medically cleared but not participating. He is not on PUP.

Says he is not fully recovered from the injury due to the mental aspect of it.

Strong conversations saying he is not wanting to play anymore.

Strong speculation and rumors seem worthwhile and well put stating that he is attempting to retire.

Just doing what all the other players would love to do, skip the preseason.