Our old friend Jairus Byrd

Kirby Jackson

What was his signing bonus with NO ... does he even have to play again? lol

Maybe he is holding out until he gets paid what he should. We know who his agent is after all.

It is probably about time to start the Parker "re-negotiate" strategy again, isn't it? I'm mean sure, he was injured all of last season but, you could make an argument he out-played his contract, can't you?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Saints defense is going to be really bad again, isn't it? Asking as a Matt Ryan fantasy owner.

They are terrible!!! The rookies are pretty good but Keenan Lewis is now out like 6 weeks too.

I agree with this theory. I don't think he is faking anything. I think he probably milks these injuries though.

I said this a few years back with REALLY solid info and got ripped for saying it. It comes from his dad. http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/165998-jairus-byrd-was-jarius-byrd/page-4

Spotrac ‏@spotrac Sep 1

Likely headed for the PUPL, #Saints S Jairus Byrd has earned $18.3M for just 4 games played in New Orleans. http://bit.ly/1oNCZtR

Well done. Wasn't it his dad that kept encouraging him to go into FA?

First off, thanks to him for that.

Second, wonder if he's now saying "Don't rush it back, in my day you had to be right back on the field." Total speculation.

Of course maybe he just knows he's made a ton of dough the next injury might really put him out. Go on, take the money and run...

Wow. Whaley going rogue sure helped the Bills dodge this bullet.

Obviously Doug Whaley has no business running an NFL franchise. As some astute posters here point out, his personnel decisions are terrible. The Bills will never recover from losing Kelvin Sheppard to the Colts for Jerry Hughes.

He was slow to begin with and age and injuries have robbed him of enough speed that even his instincts can't save him. I thought he might have had a year or two left in him and was glad they let him walk rather than pay him $9M/year, but I didn't imagine he'd play just 4 games for them.

They are terrible!!! The rookies are pretty good but Keenan Lewis is now out like 6 weeks too.

I said this a few years back with REALLY solid info and got ripped for saying it. It comes from his dad. http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/165998-jairus-byrd-was-jarius-byrd/page-4

You were quite prescient!

In the end, Byrd will have made a lot of money, suffered a few minor/recoverable injuries, and will walk away from the NFL with his health and money (but no lasting legacy of any kind).

I guess that's his prerogative. This is a job for him; he probably couldn't care less about being a good player or having a well-acclaimed NFL career.

You were quite prescient!

In the end, Byrd will have made a lot of money, suffered a few minor/recoverable injuries, and will walk away from the NFL with his health and money (but no lasting legacy of any kind).

I guess that's his prerogative. This is a job for him; he probably couldn't care less about being a good player or having a well-acclaimed NFL career.

He has been paid like $18.3M by the Saints so far I think that it said earlier in the thread. If they pay him another chunk as a settlement he will walk away with a lot of money. He will never work another day again in his life and live quite comfortably. It's a shame.