Our old friend Jairus Byrd

Kirby Jackson

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm dealing with it right now. Had my knee done in August. Got plantar fasciitis on the opposite foot about three months into PT. I'm walking like Chester on Gunsmoke. It's a B word.

That said, I think both Manning brothers have had it, and now Drew Breese is dealing with it. I think it's relatively common in the NFL. IIRC, I think Shane Conlan had a case of it too after he switched to "his own" brand of playing shoe.

NO deserves what they get with Bryd. They took the gamble and lost. Nobody cries a tear for The Bills when things don't go right for them.

JMHO

The worst was getting up in the night to use the bathroom and taking that Chester walk you mentioned. By the time I got back to bed I was wide awake from the pain. Then I'd lay awake for hours. Good times.....

Make sure you give credit to Whaley for this while people are slamming him for the tough decisions he makes.

Was just about to post this, good thing I kept reading. When evaluating Whaley there's also this list that should be part of it... Byrd, Spiller, unfortunately Fred as well...

Was just about to post this, good thing I kept reading. When evaluating Whaley there's also this list that should be part of it... Byrd, Spiller, unfortunately Fred as well...

And Kiko. BTW, I remember reading here how Parker ****wed the Bills when in fact Whaley set a firm value for Byrd's services and refused to pay over that.

The flip side of Whaley's moves are the loss of Spikes and Jackson whose absence hurt the Bills in more ways than most care to acknowledge.