Our old friend Jairus Byrd

Kirby Jackson

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That dude won the lottery his rookie year with all those tipped passes falling into his hands, some of them skill related but the other half dumb luck as evidenced by the rest of his career after that lucky first year.

Sucks for the Saints. They now have CJ and Byrd and all of their ailments. I'm praying CJ gets healthy this season and gives them their money's worth, they're great fans and Spiller is a great dude.

nope, i can't stand New Orleans

mostly because i am pro-panther. i am not a panther fan, just prefer them over the saints.

I'll be going to the Panters opener against the Saints, too.

fans get so spiteful lol. saying he should play even tho he doesn't trust his body yet and that he should listen to the doctors. doctors are wrong all the time and if he re injured himself they keep working and say "oops, guess he wasn't ready" and they go about the day and the player is toast.

and saying he didn't play the run well is misleading. he started off early in his career not the good in run support but he continually got better at it go back and check it out.

also people complaining he wasn't a big hitter but he could jump routes.......who cares if he's not a big hitter? the days of the NFL having safeties blowing players up crossing the middle are over. they get penalized for that sort of thing all the time id much rather have a player who's picking up takeaways by the handful then "big hits".

fans get so spiteful lol. saying he should play even tho he doesn't trust his body yet and that he should listen to the doctors. doctors are wrong all the time and if he re injured himself they keep working and say "oops, guess he wasn't ready" and they go about the day and the player is toast.

and saying he didn't play the run well is misleading. he started off early in his career not the good in run support but he continually got better at it go back and check it out.

also people complaining he wasn't a big hitter but he could jump routes.......who cares if he's not a big hitter? the days of the NFL having safeties blowing players up crossing the middle are over. they get penalized for that sort of thing all the time id much rather have a player who's picking up takeaways by the handful then "big hits".

He's getting paid a lot of money to play. Football's a tough sport for tough people. Personally, I don't care because he's the Saints problem. But if I were a Saints fan I'd be a little pissed that this soft mother!@#$er's eating up a huge chunk of our cap to sit on the sideline rubbing lotion on his sprained vagina.

And Byrd sucked against the run. I watched a lot of all 22 his last year here and I remember attributing a lot of big runs to his backpedaling and lack of agility and speed. I don't think it's a coincidence that our run D improved dramatically once he and Alonso were out of the line up.

its already been past the normal timeline for the injury, and it seems he doesnt have anyone backing his worry though.

i generally agree that if its just the team doc, you can be a bit skeptical, but until a medical professional says his worries are grounded in reality, he needs to be suiting up or retiring at this point. if one has, that can definitely change the story though.

He played in 11 games his final year here IIRC.

Yes he played but did not put in full effort.

Nonsense. If a player doesn't want to be here they need to go. Whether its Byrd Lynch or someone on the practice squad.

Absolutely NO. The NFL negotiated with NFLPA for a tag and the players agreed to NFLPA to represent them. If they do not like it get another union or decertify it.

Make sure you give credit to Whaley for this while people are slamming him for the tough decisions he makes.

Precisely. Letting Levitre walk looks like a solid decision too. (not that it was all his decision)

Edited by Maddog69

I can only speak for myself.

I bash him because he faked injury in order not to play. He screwed his teammates over with big EFF YOU and didn't bat an eye.

I had no problem with him going for more $$. It's what he's supposed to do. But he handled it like a B word.

Totally agree.

this is the poster child example of why players go for the big contract around year 4 or 5. and why I do not begrudge them for doing so. all it takes is one injury, and its all over. now his career is probably over, but it paid off. good for you J. , you played it safe and took care of business.

Really? This case is exactly the reason teams and fans fear big contracts. I think it's pretty easy to begrudge a guy who stole $18MM.

I bash him because he faked injury in order not to play. He screwed his teammates over with big EFF YOU and didn't bat an eye.

I had no problem with him going for more $$. It's what he's supposed to do. But he handled it like a B word.

...and to take it a step further he took the big deal and milked an injury. A leopard never changes his spots (or whatever the saying is).

It's hard to say a player is faking an injury, but in his case it looks pretty obvious that was the case.

You cant respect someone who does that because it gives you pause when someone with a real injury is out. It's classless toward everyone.

It's hard to say a player is faking an injury, but in his case it looks pretty obvious that was the case.

You cant respect someone who does that because it gives you pause when someone with a real injury is out. It's classless toward everyone.

Been thinking on this topic some and curious if most would still use the term faking if the situation is "cleared by team doctors but genuinely concerned about his health in what might be a paranoid manner"

Essentially, if he genuinely believes it, is it faking in your book?

Been thinking on this topic some and curious if most would still use the term faking if the situation is "cleared by team doctors but genuinely concerned about his health in what might be a paranoid manner"

Essentially, if he genuinely believes it, is it faking in your book?

097d8936fe1a47320ce8aa8f998413f34e7a2a85