Fred Jackson expected to sign with Seattle(update-signed)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AND a fumbler. Fred is also a fumbler. You forgot that one.

$2.4 mil is chump change in the NFL.

If the young guys want to play, earn it.

I believe they HAVE earned it. But you can't really totally develop as a RB without playing. They are ready. Fred is probably more valuable as a backup to Marshawn (at a much more affordable salary), than he is on the Bills this season. Can't you manage to understand that? Even if you don't agree, can't you wrap your head around that concept?

I believe they HAVE earned it. But you can't really totally develop as a RB without playing. They are ready. Fred is probably more valuable as a backup to Marshawn (at a much more affordable salary), than he is on the Bills this season. Can't you manage to understand that? Even if you don't agree, can't you wrap your head around that concept?

I can understand the logic, but I still think it's dumb. I don't agree that this year is the year to develop players. This is the year to go for it. Fred is better this year than Karlos Williams (I assume that's who you're talking about because he's really the only young guy we have who hasn't gotten quite a few NFL carries.). So Fred should be on the team and Karlos on PS or whatever.

Is one PS game going 14 for 40 earning it? OK.

As far as cash, $2.4 mil is a nit. If Fred was making 8 mil I could see it. $2.4 mil, no way.

That's my opinion anyway. You have yours, I have mine.

Since Fred was not going to be the feature back saving the money to resign future good young players sounds like a good idea to me. It seems that Williams showed enough that he was worth keeping, and will be cheep for the next 3 years.

The Pats dont seem to be hurting by letting twilight players leave.

I can understand the logic, but I still think it's dumb. I don't agree that this year is the year to develop players. This is the year to go for it. Fred is better this year than Karlos Williams (I assume that's who you're talking about because he's really the only young guy we have who hasn't gotten quite a few NFL carries.). So Fred should be on the team and Karlos on PS or whatever.

As far as cash, $2.4 mil is a nit. If Fred was making 8 mil I could see it. $2.4 mil, no way.

I really think the Bills could have kept Fred and saved money--he would have taken a cut. At this point in time, they felt the younger guys were better for the team. Do I agree? Doesn't matter. It's football, and older guys get moved on. But I can see the logic. If Shady gets dinged, Fred probably isn't the guy you want carrying the load, at his current age (and his recent injury issues). So Karlos and Bryce have to be ready---and that means some PT, i think. But even if you disagree with that, perhaps you should get over it. I don't think negativo will ever get past it. To therapy for him.

@Seahawks

Jackson: "It's somewhere I wanted to be a part of, and the feeling was mutual."

Jackson says relationship with @MoneyLynch was a factor in coming to Seattle.

Jackson on coming to Seattle: "You want to go somewhere where they know how to win...they know how to do it."

@Seahawks

Carroll on @fred22jackson: It's good to get him in there, he's a tough competitor. He's going to give us some real secure play.

@gbellseattle

New #Seahawks RB Fred Jackson after Buffalo released him: "This is the best thing that could have happened to me"

COVgGKzUYAERtXK.jpg

‏@Seahawks

Jackson on coming to Seattle: "You want to go somewhere where they know how to win...they know how to do it."@Seahawks

Carroll on @fred22jackson: It's good to get him in there, he's a tough competitor. He's going to give us some real secure play.

@gbellseattle

New #Seahawks RB Fred Jackson after Buffalo released him: "This is the best thing that could have happened to me"

COVgGKzUYAERtXK.jpg

Ouch. He's obviously still pissed at Whaley.

‏@Seahawks

Jackson on coming to Seattle: "You want to go somewhere where they know how to win...they know how to do it."

@Seahawks

@gbellseattle

COVgGKzUYAERtXK.jpg

Big fan of Fred but I care more about the teams.......players come and go.......and since I hate Seattle I hope he doesn't gain a yard and they go 0-16. :thumbsup:

@Seahawks

@Seahawks

@gbellseattle

COVgGKzUYAERtXK.jpg

Preach! Good for Fred, and he is absolutely right. The Seahawks know how to win. Hopefully we learn this year. Also, it is the best thing that could have happened to him. All the best Fred!

That free cap space could be the difference in keeping Bradham or Glenn. I feel awful for Fred but he landed on his feet. I hope he comes back to be a Bills coach eventually. He's a prideful man but even the greats get let go. He should know that.

Fred says getting cut by Whaley was the best thing to happen to him. I tend to agree. He needed to go to a winning team with a top defense, elite #1 RB and a young, mobile QB. Perfect fit, and he could very well provide the necessary intangibles to get Seattle back to the Super Bowl again.

I agree with this. I like Bryce Brown and Karlos Williams, but I'd have rather sent one of them to the PS to develop for the future and kept FJ this year. If they got poached, so be it. Edited by Rob's House