QB Tyrod Taylor to start Week 1

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well - let's cut Cassel and resign our guys -MD, NB, CG and SG. I really like TT but do not think he is the long term solution, but let's give him the opportunity. We can allow EJ to contiue to develop under this staff. If TT is the answer then great, if not and EJ continues to improve, then great. If not we are in QB purgatory as DW suggested. I am just glad we did not go with Cassel.

Harder to play man coverage with Tyrod, and you have to be really careful with your rush lanes - if your DEs get too aggressive and lose contain, he'll make you pay. Didn't have as many TD throws as I was hoping to see this preseason, but he seemed very efficient at moving the sticks.

Fine. Let's move on and drop the melodramatic obsession with who is / isn't throwing the ball in the media tent.

TT will be exciting to watch. And we even have the depth chart covered, which is a real mindwarp after the 'worst QB situation in the NFL' blather...

I like Lori's comment:

Lori Chase @LChase_RA 31m31 minutes ago

@TJCutini Well, if they're going with Taylor, guess they don't need to worry as much about keeping an RB who can pick up the blitz.

LOL some truth to that!

I thought it was clear that overall, Taylor was the most consistent and productive QB through TC and preseason. EJM came on strong at the end but still inconsistent, seems to need a bit more work.

Now that he is the guy, is T-Mobile really the nickname we're going with?

Isn't Tyrod a cool enough name in and of itself? He doesn't have to have a nickname. BTW, I think T-Mobile is a very boring nickname. The man's got a name and it's very cool already IMO.

Calling it right now... Cassel will be cut!

I think that would be a mistake. I think it is more likely that FredEx is a roster casualty in part BECAUSE they've decided it's best for the team if they keep 3 QB.

I realize that the concept of making a roster spot for Meh Cassel by cutting a force of nature like FredEx would probably make most of this message board throw up in their mouths, but if it's Game 10, TT and EJ are injured, and Bills are in a knife-fight for a playoff spot, we may live to be glad of it.

Edited by Hopeful

Linky?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000518335/article/tyrod-taylor-named-bills-starting-qb

"a source informed of the team's thinking"

Still no official announcement.

I like Lori's comment:

Lori Chase ‏@LChase_RA 31m31 minutes ago

@TJCutini Well, if they're going with Taylor, guess they don't need to worry as much about keeping an RB who can pick up the blitz.

LOL some truth to that!

I thought it was clear that overall, Taylor was the most consistent and productive QB through TC and preseason. EJM came on strong at the end but still inconsistent, seems to need a bit more work.

Makes sense if TT plays the entire year and never gets hurt. But having some RB pass protection is a good idea no matter who your starting QB, IMO.

I think that would be a mistake. I think it is more likely that FredEx is a roster casualty in part BECAUSE they've decided it's best for the team if they keep 3 QB.

I realize that the concept of making a roster spot for Meh Cassel by cutting a force of nature like FredEx would probably make most of this message board throw up in their mouths, but if it's Game 10, TT and EJ are injured, and Bills are in a knife-fight for a playoff spot, we may live to be glad of it.

I hear you, I felt that way too. However, the current NFL cap structure doesn't allow for it. It becomes a wooden leg to carry a third QB at 4-5 million.