RB Fred Jackson released

FireChan

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a great run but the field was wide open...many RBs would have recognized the hole. It was huge!!

It was a huge hole and he took advantage of that, yet how many times do we scratch our heads after watching All-22 when other RBs miss holes like that? Remind me again why Brown couldn't beat out Boobie for the bulk of the carries last year?

Fred is gone because of Karlos and the scheme the Bills are going to run...plain and simple. I don't think Boobie or Brown enter into the discussion.

They enter the discussion because of injury. They keep Brown because of if Shady goes down I don't think you want just a rookie fifth rounder even if he has looked good. That's why I said if they keep four, it's dumb because Fred adds more to this team with four RB than Boobie (we now have a team full of ST guys). But if we keep three to keep other positions then cutting Fred makes sense.

This is so !@#$ed up. Freddie is still one of the best in te league. Seriously wtf we need Fred. He could kill it with McCoy who I expect to get injured or miss time. He'll I expected fees to beat out McCoy for carries in most games just like he has done throughout his career. !@#$ I am so !@#$ing pissed

You though Jackson was going to get more carries than Mccoy this year? Barring a major injury to Shady, there was a 0% chance of that happening.

Man, I do not like this at all.

I understand doing this now so he can find a new team. I understand the long term reason. I just don't think this makes us a better team in a very important year.

Terrible

My day just got ruined.

Father time remains undefeated.

I see the same reactions from when we said good-bye to Thurman, Andre, Henry, and so many others over the years.

Wish Freddy all the luck in the world no matter where he ends up. I think he will have a place in this organization when he hangs them up for good.

See you down the road, Freddy. In the meantime, thanks for being one of the great all time Bills.

GO BILLS!!!

Can't find a place for Fred Jackson but can find a place for Matthew Mulligan.... Agh, this frustrating

its also opening up options to re-allocate cap space to other starters down the line.

we will see how the 53 shakes out. what if it opens up a spot for goodwin, or thompson, or brown, or..... and they contribute for years?

People forget so easily. Thurman Thomas was released when he was 34...why should Fred be insulated from the same fate? Emmitt Smith played in Arizona for two years.

Can't find a place for Fred Jackson but can find a place for Matthew Mulligan.... Agh, this frustrating

Yes, that part is frustrating...I do think that the logical side of you sees the difference at some level.

Though I certainly reserve the right not to be happy about it.

Love Fred buts he's 34. Not gonna cut a young player to keep Fred for sentimental reasons. That's would be foolish.

Please RBs like Brown are a dime a dozen. Jackson was and would remain a difference maker on this team on and off the field.

All I can think of is when the Sox traded Nomar Garciaparra and when on to win a championship. Sometimes you gotta make the tough calls that go against popular opinion.

Yup, and Marv Levy said, once you start listening to the fans you sit next to them, or something like that.