EJ Will Start Pittsburgh Game

Um, Taylor lead 2 TD drives in his first 2 series against Carolina.

True, I guess what I meant to say was EJ has the only TD passes/runs in the our preseason games, including the scrimmage. I don't care how we score TD's but still interesting none the less.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is EJ's chance to prove that he should have a roster spot and not a chance to prove he should start. I like EJ, but I don't see him as the starter even if he plays well...

THIS.

It's worth remembering that EJ, Cassel, and Tyrod are going to play in the game with the ONES and the ONES will be playing through the first series of the THIRD QUARTER.

Someone has to start. So they are throwing that bone to EJ, likely to appease the fan base when EJ is named the #3 QB, if he is retained on the roster at all.

All three QBs in question are going to get their snaps in with the ONES, presumably against Pittsburgh's ONES.

He's taking lots of callers because he doesn't know what to say. Last segment had some goofball call in, schoop hung up on him, but Tom got him back and made schoop talk to him. Was definatly a prank call too

Rex said yesterday that all 3 would play. Given his personality he probably put Manuel out there first just to !@#$ with the media :)

They don't have the top 4 or 5 receivers to work with so it's not like they can build much timing with the guys that will actually play vs. the Colts. rex is probably aware of how much crap EJ has taken over the last 10 months, has seen him do and say all the right things, and wants to show him a little support. That might play well in the locker room and if messes with the mental minions of the media, all the better.

THIS.

It's worth remembering that EJ, Cassel, and Tyrod are going to play in the game with the ONES and the ONES will be playing through the first series of the THIRD QUARTER.

Someone has to start. So they are throwing that bone to EJ, likely to appease the fan base when EJ is named the #3 QB, if he is retained on the roster at all.

All three QBs in question are going to get their snaps in with the ONES, presumably against Pittsburgh's ONES.

Which is more likely, Rex is doing this to appease the fan base? Or Rex is doing this to show the team that good play is rewarded and everyone has a chance to be a starter or contributor on this team if you work hard and do the right things and perform in the games?

Nah. Remember, he's just a rational realist. He told us so.

Look at the post I was responding to. I am very rational and very much a realist. If and when EJ Manuel is not named the starter, you will not see me leading an "I told you so!" campaign. I haven't even made a prediction as to who's gonna start. I just got a little irritated after a couple EJ victory lap posts in this thread, that's all. No one knows what this means exactly but my suspicion is not much.

hmm..one of them is mine in Richmond...

You asked for bullet points in my thread, here is yours:

• Butthurt

Carry on. :lol:

Weren't they out for the Cleveland game too? And Tyrod was still able to put some things together. However he couldn't finish his drives, let's see if EJ can bring one home for a TD

I saw one EJ TD live, and watched the other one last game. EJ is the only guy with 2 passing TDs, right?

Too funny, EJ supporters acting giddy like little school girls. :lol:

Yeah, and EJ haters are begging for Tucks pads in between rants.

Blame the tea leaves.

It was obviously a bad batch.

:lol: Tea Leaves! This has a very good chance of being a new TBDism.

People have their reputations and egos at stake. People who took the position that EJ should have never been drafted when the Bills took him (i.e. Joe B) and people who have written him off early because they think they know something and have defended that position relentlessly do NOT want to be wrong.

It's called Choice-Supportive Bias. All new information that contradicts the EJ Bad choice is filtered, marginalized, distorted or ignored completely.

Isn't it funny, earlier this week they were, "it's the coaches doing this, it's the coaches that feel this way"

and now it's, "what the F*** are the coaches doing?!"

:lol:

As I said in my thread I wish we had an irony sound effect here.

Meanwhile...on WGR...it's a book review with Ray Bentley?(I think) :lol: And, now? Talking about college football!