EJ Will Start Pittsburgh Game

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it begs the question. If he kills it does he win the job? Or as I said before He's been the starter for a while and the reps between Cassel and Taylor are for who is the back up. Hmmm . All I know is that those hacks at wgr's heads must be exploding.

Exactly, at this point we now know that EJ is NOT by far and away #3 in this race.

And no...this is not a conspiracy.

Man though, doesn't he Pete?

When he's off, he is off...but that throw earlier this season and in his first season against the jets.

Pretty, pretty, pretty. :wub: those throws.

My fav was in his rookie debut, that toss to double covered SJ13 in the back of the EZ from the 20...

That's when I started to think we may have something here. Ugh so long ago...

So it begs the question. If he kills it does he win the job? Or as I said before He's been the starter for a while and the reps between Cassel and Taylor are for who is the back up. Hmmm . All I know is that those hacks at wgr's heads must be exploding.

I think it's more likely EJ shows indecisiveness and lack of accuracy. Tyrod probably comes in and runs wild, while Cassel does his best Trent Edwards impersonation with short safe throws.

That said, Tyrod probably has done enough to win the job, I don't see that changing.

If it's Cassel they don't worry about the read option, or the long ball. If it's TT they worry a lot about the read option and TT rolling out and throwing on the run and straight run/pass options and especially TT breaking the pocket on pass plays, perhaps even assigning a spy. With EJ he only throws short passes on the run, he's poor at the longer one, doesn't run the read option nearly as much, and doesn't really scramble nearly as much or be in on set run plays. They really are all different and Roman calls plays around what they do well and don't do well. EJ doesn't throw well on the run, TT does.

ill say i worded it poorly and left it an easy reply to a different question than i meant, to a degree. if its a two man race between TT and MC they prep for exploiting a few short comings either has in the advanced passing game and rushing ability.

now introduce EJ into their prep and its some running that theyd be doing for TT anyway, and finding some weaknesses to exploit. i guess you could argue that rex is doing this as a smokescreen to force the colts to prep for bad deep balls when the qb scrambles, but..... it seems like getting the real guy more reps would be a helluva lot more valuable than the few specific things theyd be brushing up on by bringing EJ in as a false narrative here.

Edited by NoSaint

That is a good point in this

Can EJ do what Tyrod did.....which was take backups and make them productive against 1st stringers.........

What? EJ did it with 3rd stringers to win the game last week. Sure he can do it with 2nd stringers.

Not that they know jack, but Woodson, pierce and Greg Schiano tend to agree just now on NFL live

Well...Who knows...

I do know this much though...If this Bills team trades a 25 year old QB with EJ's upside and he goes on to be a good QB in this league...TT and Cassel better be awfully good...I mean...really, really good... B-)

Exactly, at this point we now know that EJ is NOT by far and away #3 in this race.

And no...this is not a conspiracy.

We know that he isn't far and away #3 (which we don't know) and this is not a conspiracy (which we don't know). We have no idea what this all means. I think that this PROBABLY shows that the distance between the QB's is at least pretty close. I still do not think that this will catapult EJ to starting vs. Indy but he has improved enough to warrant a look behind the first team OL.