Can we judge Tyrod without skill position players...

GunnerBill

Brady and Manning always make average receivers look great. We should expect the same of Tyrod.

Is Rex feeding EJ a lot of tough love to make him work extra hard to earn the #1 job?

I believe so!! Development, we are seeing it. He was the best in practice this week from all accounts.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that yes, you can draw some conclusions that are mutually-exclusive from the skill position players. Things like:

- How quickly does the ball come out?

- Does he feel the pressure and climb the pocket?

- Does he make the "money throws" (i.e. the 8-15 yarders that move the sticks)?

- Does he protect the football?

- Is he willing to take shots down the field, even if a guy is covered?

Much like this advice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkoPq5AOCOA

I think that an unaware and indecisive QB is an offensive killer. Big hits, turnovers, injuries and teammates that are under utilized is a prescription for an offense that gets you beat. This is how I felt about Michael Vick during most of his career.

QBs that can move but do so superior awareness and decision making ability are winners. Flutie and Wilson are examples of this. You never see these guys take big hits and they keep their teammates involved.

Which of these is Tyrod? This is almost independent of whom is on the field with him but I don't think the answer comes in a preseason game.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

Can we judge TT in the absence of many starters? Yes, to a certain degree. He needs to execute his position regardless. Coaches will know whether breakdowns occurred elsewhere. TT needs to concentrate on his job no matter who is out there with him.

GO BILLS!!!

Why not?

Goodwin and Graham were the starting WRs for the November 17, 2013 matchup vs the hated Jets at the Ralph. Woods was out. I was at that game. EJ played great and we won 37-14.

E. Manuel 20/28 245 8.8 2 0

If EJ can do it, surely the great Tyrod Taylor can as well.

Don't be a fool, reddog.

If I tilt my head a certain way and squint, that almost looks like you are giving EJ a compliment and that will NOT be tolerated, not on this board.

He is on the rail and ready to be ridden out.

...even though keeping him doesn't really hurt us salary cap wise, and he is a good teammate.

BE GONE WITH YOU, SIR!!!

Sincerely,

One-of-those-who-thinks-it's-ok-to-keep-3-QBs

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I hate this notion that players can only be judges in a perfect setup.

I think a player gets 1 "Well, if".

So, "Well, if the line wasn't a sieve then he might have looked good". Once you get onto the second one I think it's stretching a bit too far. You've got to get it done regardless of everything else especially at QB.

Can we judge TT in the absence of many starters? Yes, to a certain degree. He needs to execute his position regardless. Coaches will know whether breakdowns occurred elsewhere. TT needs to concentrate on his job no matter who is out there with him.

GO BILLS!!!

simple answer - Yes.

Throughout every season there are injuries. To be judged successful (here) he has to perform well with backups.

I mean, aren't many here critical of others playing "meh" with backups?

My question is given that supporting cast can we really make any kind of firm definitive decisions on Tyrod based on Thursday....?

Depends on who the "we" is.

If the we is us, then hell yes, definitive decisions will be made. 42% of the people will believe one thing, 34% will believe another and the remaining 31% will be on the fence.

Depends on who the "we" is.

If the we is us, then hell yes, definitive decisions will be made. 42% of the people will believe one thing, 34% will believe another and the remaining 31% will be on the fence.

I think I phrased the question slightly wrong rather than "can we" I should probably have said "should we".