Wawrow Article Indicates EJ Sees Wall's Writing

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't sure which thread to post this in but I can tell you that starting Manuel is merely a charade, mostly to mess with Indianapolis, and the coaches' minds have already been made up and he is not starting opening day. In fact, according to a pretty credible source, I'm pretty sure I know who is starting. John, have you heard anything of the like?

THINK first Metz.

WHAT IF - EJ leads the O to 2 or more TD's and the other 2 don't with the 1's?

what then ? Screw the guy who performed best with the starting O (as it is barring injury) against the Steelers #1 team?

bye bye charade

THINK first Metz.

what then ? Screw the guy who performed best with the starting O (as it is barring injury) against the Steelers #1 team?

bye bye charade

Could be. Just telling you what I heard and that's that the decision has already been made.

THINK first Metz.

bye bye charade

What if he scores on his first series and then they pull him and put in another QB?

What if they mostly run the ball while he is in there and don't let him pass but for a few times?

That was not the headline of the story that moved on the AP wire.

These were the only two headlines that moved:

the short one: Manuel confident he can succeed in Buffalo or somewhere else

and the extended one: Slipping in QB competition, Manuel confident he can succeed in Buffalo or 'somewhere else'

again, he was asked a question and he responded.

rather than rush out with a story based on his initial comment "somewhere else," he was asked a follow up question and provided a mixed response, which was fully quoted in the story.

it seems that you are attempting to manufacture something with this ambitiously worded post.

jw

John, this thread started with a tweet apparently from you:

@john_wawrow

More to come: Speaking to AP, #Bills QB Manuel doesn't dispute possibility his days in Buffalo might be numbered. pro32.ap.org/article/manuel…

http://twitter.com/j...385878967177217

Thus that wording would appear to be strongly associated with you. Was that not, in fact your tweet?

If it is, transmuting the actual EJM quote into "doesn't dispute possibility his days in Buffalo might be numbered" does appear to be fluffing up a bit of controversy from a pragmatic sentence.

Sully is on Sirius, he said that Rex hasn't wanted EJ since "he saw him play in NY a couple years ago when he was throwing balls into the cheerleader".

He also laughed at Rex wanting be "ground and pound", that Shady is "a slightly better version of CJ Spiller" and that the Bills don't have the backs they need for Rex's system...

Said the Bills won't be able to throw downfield, so teams will stack the box and the Bills won't be able to run.

Added that the Offense idea seems confused - is that any surprise to anyone in NY that followed Rex?

Rex is a captive of his own myth - Harvin, Incognito, drafting guys from FL State that were part of a rape case, getting IK just to stick it to the Jets (mumbled something about IK sleeping with a girl, who's actually a guy)

Edited by Heitz

Sully is on Sirius, he said that Rex hasn't wanted EJ since "he saw him play in NY a couple years ago when he was throwing balls into the cheerleader".

He also laughed at Rex wanting be "ground and pound", that Shady is "a slightly better version of CJ Spiller" and that the Bills don't have the backs they need for Rex's system...

"Slightly better" :lol: Awww, Sully...

What if he scores on his first series and then they pull him and put in another QB?

What if they mostly run the ball while he is in there and don't let him pass but for a few times?

What if. I have stated this (every now and then) - Let them play and let the best man win.

If EJ stinks up the joint, so be it .. Then he's relegated to a lower position or as some hope cut or traded.

Look, I am not ready to stake my credibility on who the starter is, although I'm 90% sure. Just don't want to be wrong and have to deal with a bunch of turkeys calling me out for the rest of my TBD existence. It's a tremendous source but it's also third hand. I will share before Rex does, don't worry.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that Manuel is not starting against Indianapolis.

Nothing is a sure thing in the NFL

I'll not say more and invoke any jinx(s)

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

What if. I have stated this (every now and then) - Let them play and let the best man win.

If EJ stinks up the joint, so be it .. Then he's relegated to a lower position or as some hope cut or traded.

Nothing is a sure thing in the NFL

I'll not say more and invoke any jinx(s)

Honestly, you're probably right. But I think you're a little mislead if you think that this game on Saturday is for all the marbles and it's a "may the best man win" scenario. They have days worth of film that they've watched on all three of these guys. The decision is made based on their whole body of work. Don't you guys watch Hard Knocks?

Ryan Grigson might be one of the worst gms in all of football. He lucked into a franchise qb and his job is safe. Even though the majority of his free agent signings are busts, his draft picks aren't anything to write home about, and he has been absolutely destroyed in trades (1st for T-Rich on top of Hughes for Shephard). His job though is perfectly safe. "Being a GM in the NFL is hard"

Well put.... Polian oversaw the suck for luck campaign. All he had to do is not select RG3 over Luck.

I'd argue emphatically the ONLY franchise that can claim superiority when it comes to selecting and cultivating QBs is Green Bay. They crap franchise QBs. And even spin off guys that look like potential franchise QBs.

Patsies won the lottery, New Orleans a decent free agent turn out. Seattle another lucky pick.

Could be. Just telling you what I heard and that's that the decision has already been made.

Appreciate your insight. You already put out there that your source can confirm that Manuel is not starting week 1. So, that it putting it on the line, esp. if Manuel goes in and lights up the PIT D (which could happen. That is not a great D anymore). Just ignore the haters :)

Well put.... Polian oversaw the suck for luck campaign. All he had to do is not select RG3 over Luck.

I'd argue emphatically the ONLY franchise that can claim superiority when it comes to selecting and cultivating QBs is Green Bay. They crap franchise QBs. And even spin off guys that look like potential franchise QBs.

Patsies won the lottery, New Orleans a decent free agent turn out. Seattle another lucky pick.

I don't know about Seattle's pick being "lucky." That should be our QB if we didn't take TJ. Terrible move by the FO passing over Wilson, who had every skill you want in a QB sans being taller than 6'0''.

Appreciate your insight. You already put out there that your source can confirm that Manuel is not starting week 1. So, that it putting it on the line, esp. if Manuel goes in and lights up the PIT D (which could happen. That is not a great D anymore). Just ignore the haters :)

Apparently, it's between Tyrod and Cassel, which leads me to believe Tyrod. Rex wants Tyrod....Roman has executed a championship offense with a mobile QB...it just makes sense.

I don't know about Seattle's pick being "lucky." That should be our QB if we didn't take TJ. Terrible move by the FO passing over Wilson, who had every skill you want in a QB sans being taller than 6'0''.

In the very least, Seattle's pick is lucky from the standpoint that every other team passed on Wilson at least once, and some 3x.

If Wilson were the obvious superstar prospect, then he never would've made it out of the top 10, let alone the top 70.

In the very least, Seattle's pick is lucky from the standpoint that every other team passed on Wilson at least once, and some 3x.

If Wilson were the obvious superstar prospect, then he never would've made it out of the top 10, let alone the top 70.

And...they might not have picked him if their OC wasn't from Wisconsin. The stars were aligned...

Said the Bills won't be able to throw downfield, so teams will stack the box and the Bills won't be able to run.

Added that the Offense idea seems confused - is that any surprise to anyone in NY that followed Rex?

Rex is a captive of his own myth - Harvin, Incognito, drafting guys from FL State that were part of a rape case, getting IK just to stick it to the Jets (mumbled something about IK sleeping with a girl, who's actually a guy)

There is actual video of Rex at the combine(I think) saying something completely different. That he loves EJ from what he saw when the Bills played against him. Sully is unreal.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso