Wawrow Article Indicates EJ Sees Wall's Writing

@john_wawrow

More to come: Speaking to AP, #Bills QB Manuel doesn't dispute possibility his days in Buffalo might be numbered. pro32.ap.org/article/manuel…

http://twitter.com/john_wawrow/status/633385878967177217

#Bills Manuel to AP: "If I play well, it should take care of itself. Whether it's here or whether it's somewhere else, I don't know,"

http://twitter.com/john_wawrow/status/633386233322962944

Link to AP story: http://t.co/v9ztueOBsB

I don't think it's the end for Manuel. It would be stupid not to keep 3 quarterbacks. What happens if your starter gets injured. Then you would have only one quarterback for the next game. You can't go into a game without a back up quarterback. If you sign someone off the street how many weeks would it take him to learn the offense? Manuel stays and will be inactive on game days. They could still try to develop him. Who knows by next year he might be a decent 2nd string quarterback. His problem is mental not physical. He has the size, the arm and all the physical qualities, his problem is he has cement between his ears. (dumber than a box of rocks). So you never know he may learn the game after 4 years. They say even a dummy can learn new tricks. :wallbash:

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a typical EJ game. One good drive, the rest was the "lull".

Imo

What does your opinion say about him going 9 for 14 as a total. His clearly having to run for his life behind our 2nd and 3rd string OL, and these 2nd and 3rd stringers being the folks behind the folks behind the top5 RBs and top 3 WRs.

Based on the facts and your humble opinion your judging this typical you must find him typically pretty good..

Thank you for the link. That helps.

And after reviewing the drives again, you can see that the first 3 drives under EJ pretty much flat out sucked, with the exception of the 8 yard run for a first down in the first series.

His last drive does look very good. And it ended on a high note with a TD and 2 point conversion which were good plays.

If that is good enough for you guys then I get it. It just isn't good enough for me. If he had moved the chains and gained 30-40 yards in 2 out of 3 of those first 3 drives, maybe I would feel great about the guy. But they just didn't move the ball well at all until that last possession. I know it is not all EJ's fault. I just don't think he was good enough. A starting quarterback should be able to move the chains a lot more consistently however he has to get it done.

And I get his point of view. But I haven't felt any of the three are 'good enough' for me. So what do we do? Line up without a QB?

Two of the QBs are young. Maybe there's some upside there.

Really?

The guy just doesn't make enough plays. I know he played with our 3rds. But he was playing against 3rds too. Should have played much better than this. Gragg saved his ass from an embarassing turnover in the red zone.

But the 2nd and 3rd string OLs didn't do EJ any favors at all. Let's look at both sides.

Bulldog on wgr right now giving EJ some credit but completely dismissing his ability to start. His manlove for Tyrod is making me blush, but seems to think its going to be Cassel to get the nod in week one. Bizzaro radio... To me at least

just what are you non EJ Bills fans going to do if your wishes come true that EJ is cut or designated to the #3 spot?

I can see the symptom's of massive withdrawal

Who will you switch to bitching about next? Rex, Sammie, Shady??

I think that Eric Wood is a pretty good candidate.

Bulldog on wgr right now giving EJ some credit but completely dismissing his ability to start. His manlove for Tyrod is making me blush, but seems to think its going to be Cassel to get the nod in week one. Bizzaro radio... To me at least

I don't think it'll happen, but I would LMAO if Rex named EJ the starter for week 1. The Buffalo media would have a stroke.

I don't think it'll happen, but I would LMAO if Rex named EJ the starter for week 1. The Buffalo media would have a stroke.

Exactly...

I got the feeling this AM while listening the Jeremy and Matthew that they (especially Matt) were more interested in arguing against EJ because they had been SO vocal in predicting his demise than arguing against him because they truly felt he could not get the job done...It's just a feeling I get when people get SO defensive...Matthew actually sounded angry that Bills fans were backing EJ...He was getting worked up about it...

I'm not saying that I think EJ will be the starter...But I do think there are some in the Buffalo media that are clearly getting a little nervous... B-)

Exactly...

I got the feeling this AM while listening the Jeremy and Matthew that they (especially Matt) were more interested in arguing against EJ because they had been SO vocal in predicting his demise than arguing against him because they truly felt he could not get the job done...It's just a feeling I get when people get SO defensive...Matthew actually sounded angry that Bills fans were backing EJ...He was getting worked up about it...

I'm not saying that I think EJ will be the starter...But I do think there are some in the Buffalo media that are clearly getting a little nervous... B-)

Coller should stick to analytics because his actual knowledge of the game of football is marginal.

Any updates on this ?

I think that this is all manufactured by Wawrow as a way to generate interest and controversy where none exists. From the article:

"Asked if he's considered the possibility of playing somewhere else, Manuel gave a mixed response.

"I haven't. I don't know how that works," he said. "But I also understand the business of it. I don't know. All I can do right now is continue to play well."

From this we get the provocative headline: "Manuel doesn't dispute possibility his days in Buffalo might be numbered."

Nice.