Wawrow Article Indicates EJ Sees Wall's Writing

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that this is all manufactured by Wawrow as a way to generate interest and controversy where none exists. From the article:

"Asked if he's considered the possibility of playing somewhere else, Manuel gave a mixed response.

"I haven't. I don't know how that works," he said. "But I also understand the business of it. I don't know. All I can do right now is continue to play well."

From this we get the provocative headline: "Manuel doesn't dispute possibility his days in Buffalo might be numbered."

Nice.

That was not the headline of the story that moved on the AP wire.

These were the only two headlines that moved:

the short one: Manuel confident he can succeed in Buffalo or somewhere else

and the extended one: Slipping in QB competition, Manuel confident he can succeed in Buffalo or 'somewhere else'

again, he was asked a question and he responded.

rather than rush out with a story based on his initial comment "somewhere else," he was asked a follow up question and provided a mixed response, which was fully quoted in the story.

it seems that you are attempting to manufacture something with this ambitiously worded post.

jw

Wasn't sure which thread to post this in but I can tell you that starting Manuel is merely a charade, mostly to mess with Indianapolis, and the coaches' minds have already been made up and he is not starting opening day. In fact, according to a pretty credible source, I'm pretty sure I know who is starting. John, have you heard anything of the like?

and the extended one: Slipping in QB competition, Manuel confident he can succeed in Buffalo or 'somewhere else'

rather than rush out with a story based on his initial comment "somewhere else," he was asked a follow up question and provided a mixed response, which was fully quoted in the story.

it seems that you are attempting to manufacture something with this ambitiously worded post.

jw

Could you explain what you mean by that for those of us who are not in the "media" business?

What do you mean when you say "headline that moved"?

Wasn't sure which thread to post this in but I can tell you that starting Manuel is merely a charade, mostly to mess with Indianapolis, and the coaches' minds have already been made up and he is not starting opening day. In fact, according to a pretty credible source, I'm pretty sure I know who is starting. John, have you heard anything of the like?

If that's the case, feel free to share. I'm sure most of us would like to know what they're thinking, and anyone with a track record that's willing to share is always appreciated from my perspective.

jw

While not the title of the article it was the message in your tweet.

If that's the case, feel free to share. I'm sure most of us would like to know what they're thinking, and anyone with a track record that's willing to share is always appreciated from my perspective.

Don't want to blow my credibility (yeah laugh away those with short memories) so need to find out how solid this info is first. Plus you never know if they change their minds again after this game and then I look like an idiot. But I can tell you that EJ starting on Saturday is a smokescreen.

Sure. Got it.

Could you explain what you mean by that for those of us who are not in the "media" business?

What do you mean when you say "headline that moved"?

Those were the two headlines that were atop the story that moved/was published on the AP wire.

jw

While not the title of the article it was the message in your tweet.

I sent out several tweets. in order:

More to come: Speaking to AP, #Bills QB Manuel doesn't dispute possibility his days in Buffalo might be numbered. http://pro32.ap.org/article/manuel-confident-he-can-succeed-buffalo-or-somewhere-else

#Bills Manuel to AP: "If I play well, it should take care of itself. Whether it's here or whether it's somewhere else, I don't know,"

And full version's out: #Bills QB Manuel tells AP he's confident he can succeed in Buffalo or `somewhere else' http://pro32.ap.org/article/manuel-confident-he-can-succeed-buffalo-or-somewhere-else

And finally:

John Wawrow @john_wawrow Aug 17

John Wawrow retweeted Rob Quinn

No. But he's never acknowledged "anywhere else," before.

John Wawrow added,

Rob Quinn @RQUINN619
jw

Don't want to blow my credibility (yeah laugh away those with short memories) so need to find out how solid this info is first. Plus you never know if they change their minds again after this game and then I look like an idiot. But I can tell you that EJ starting on Saturday is a smokescreen.

So you state it as fact ten times and then on the 11th you say not sure of how solid this is?

So you state it as fact ten times and then on the 11th you say not sure of how solid this is?

Look, I am not ready to stake my credibility on who the starter is, although I'm 90% sure. Just don't want to be wrong and have to deal with a bunch of turkeys calling me out for the rest of my TBD existence. It's a tremendous source but it's also third hand. I will share before Rex does, don't worry.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that Manuel is not starting against Indianapolis.

Look, I am not ready to stake my credibility on who the starter is, although I'm 90% sure. Just don't want to be wrong and have to deal with a bunch of turkeys calling me out for the rest of my TBD existence. It's a tremendous source but it's also third hand. I will share before Rex does, don't worry.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that Manuel is not starting against Indianapolis.

Is it the same source as the last time?

Putting that disclaimer out there with your info would prevent your credibility from taking a hit by any of the rational TBDers.

Dude... That is so lame.....

I know who it is....nah nah nah nah nah......and I'm not teeeelllllliiiiiiiinnnnn.........nah nah nah nah nah....

Then why even say you know who it is.. That is stupid... :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: Booo!

Then say it the first time like you said it the eleventh time if it's third hand and you're not sure and don't want to be wrong.

Fwiw, I don't think there is much chance of him starting either. Tiny. And that they all but have made their minds up. Why wouldn't they? Except they are waiting for the game to play out. It probably won't change their minds but it's possible.