Ronald Darby - how will he do?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair we've heard rumblings of calls between coaches to discuss goals in preseason games. It wouldn't be shocking to hear that Rex said "I'm leaving the kid on an island to see how he responds" and even less surprising to hear he atleast designed the scheme for that even if he didn't communicate that.

Nope. Never happens. Message board genius told me so.

I get it, you are just as concerned about John Miller.

It's all so concerning. :rolleyes:

Of course I am concerned about Miller, and you should be, too. We haven't seen him against the best, motivated, stunting defensive lines. He hasn't had to respond to making 2-3 bad plays in a row--always something I like to see from any player. While a big mistake from him doesn't likely end in a touchdown, it could end up in losing your starting QB. How could you not be a little concerned?

And while I'm concerned about Darby, I don't expect Rex to put him on the outside, on an island, very often in this game.

Worry is interest paid on a debt not yet due.

Concerned 100%. One of the reasons our D was so good last season was Corey Graham's play at CB. Moving him to safety creates a big unknown with mc kelvins injury. I hope he can step in and be solid or our d may not be as good as we think. At this point, playing Rambo or duke at safety alongside AW with graham playing CB might be our safest bet with McK out. He's obviously got the athleticism, just needs to improve his awareness.

It's a big concern

Lot of hype with naming Tmobile the starter and FJ's release.

My concern is still the cornerback position.

Anybody else worried?

Rex was wrong about Dee Milliner.

Could he be wrong about Darby too?

Yes I am concerned. It is obvious through the pre-season that teams will go after him if he is our starter. They have done it repeatedly and successfully in all three games. That will continue into the regular season and there is cause for concern. I hope they are able to bring in a veteran after final cuts are made.

Uncanny how much Darby has been targeted since the 1st preseason game. Teams don't typically gameplan much in the preseason and it's not like Gilmore, although good, is Revis on the other side. Almost like Rex asked the other team to pick on him early and often. Given the results, can't see how you start Darby in week 1. Clearly not ready.

Two words: roll coverage. He'll get picked on, but it can be minimized by safety help.

Yes I am concerned. It is obvious through the pre-season that teams will go after him if he is our starter. They have done it repeatedly and successfully in all three games. That will continue into the regular season and there is cause for concern. I hope they are able to bring in a veteran after final cuts are made.

i'll take the results from the Cleveland game!

Is he playing Thursday?

i don't believe so. Rex said no starters and given mckelvin's status I think Darby is considered one atm.

It's an interesting question though. Despite the injury risk it might make sense to give Darby some more reps. Then again, if they do that, they're essentially telegraphing to Indy that he needs work. I don't know. My gut says he won't play, and Rex/Thurman are working on their plan to "protect" him against the Colts.