Ronald Darby - how will he do?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be less worried if his first two starts weren't Luck and Brady. I think he has a lot of talent (the two picks against Indy) but I was really hoping that we'd be able to bring him along slowly.

Would anyone be shocked if we rotated Graham or Aaron Williams back to CB and used Darby as the nickel?

If Williams and Graham haven't practiced at corner this year, I'd be a little surprised.

Robey has nickel on lock.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Have to be concerned.

All that and you aren't concerned?

I was assuming the question being asked was around Darby's long term viability at the CB position. The things which went wrong could be attributed more to scheme and the DB corps in general.

As of this moment, I would be concerned if Darby is left alone in coverage against a Luck QB'ed team. But longer term, I am not sure if that would still be a concern.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Robey start for McLovin until he returns with Darby in spot duty/nickel.

I'm not so sure. Robey is one of the best nickel corners in the league. When he's on the outside, his size becomes a big factor IMO.

Lot of hype with naming Tmobile the starter and FJ's release.

My concern is still the cornerback position.

Anybody else worried?

Rex was wrong about Dee Milliner.

Could he be wrong about Darby too?

When I pointed out my concern about the readiness of Darby after the Panthers game I recall you entering the thread to personally attack me.

NOW you are concerned?

Gotta love the characters on TSW :thumbsup:

Im as concerned as Id be about any starting rookie. But not more so due to the preseason performances.

Those were different situations than we'll see in real games.

In a real game, the quick and easy fix is to give him Safety help instead of leaving him there in single man with no inside or deep help.

He wont be perfect, he wont be an instant shutdown corner, but there is plenty to work with and he'll do well with help.

Everyone seems to forget about Robey. He's our cb3 and probably the best guy we have to cover TY Hilton regardless of who is healthy or not.

But yes, Darby is a long way from ready. Luck will take what the defense gives him, and even with safety help it still hurts the team having only 2 reliable cb's right now. Theyre gonna move the ball against us.

"Concerned" is a bit different than "worried" in this situation, IMO.

So, yes, I'm concerned about Darby. I'm concerned about every player, especially the younger guys who have yet to play/limited experience in the NFL.

Worried? Not particularly, at this time.

Are you "worried" about their seasons hopes being dashed if they lose the opener?

If the answer is no then the degree of concern......with worry being at the top of the scale apparently........is irrelevant.

After all, it's just one game.

I don't think you are really answering the OP's intent.

Do you think Darby will be abused by Andrew Luck?

If this was a championship game would you be "worried" about the matchup.

It's easy to be unconcerned, technically the stakes could only be lower if they were playing a random NFC opponent in the opener.