Idea: EJ & Bryce Brown for Manzel & 3rd rounder

uticaclub

If Brown isn't going to make the team, why would anyone trade for him?

in this case it seems like a simple throw in to sweeten the pot a little. to get him a month early and not have to bid could be a perk.

that aside though, the trade wouldnt happen.

in this case it seems like a simple throw in to sweeten the pot a little. to get him a month early and not have to bid could be a perk.

that aside though, the trade wouldnt happen.

I doubt a guy who is on the verge of being cut would have a large bidding war, and you wouldn't have to lose a draft pick, and you wouldn't have to take on the worst QB to ever play the game, for your promising young stud of a QB that just needs a second chance after rehab. /s

I doubt a guy who is on the verge of being cut would have a large bidding war, and you wouldn't have to lose a draft pick, and you wouldn't have to take on the worst QB to ever play the game, for your promising young stud of a QB that just needs a second chance after rehab. /s

i understand - im not advocating this trade or anything, just giving an idea of how even a future cut could sweeten the pot. you get them earlier, you know you get them, and in this case you get him at a league minimum contract.

I would trade Manuel AND Brown for a 3rd rounder IF Manuel is in line to be the third string QB (or cut). I don't think anyone would give that to us. We don't need Manziel back in the trade (unless Cleveland wants us too). But, I don't think there is any market for Brown and Manuel would have a very minor market if any.

You wouldn't get a third rounder for EJ and brown let alone a third rounder and Manziel

Another classic post where people completely overvalue our own players. No way they pull the plug on Johnny for a bunch of Buffalo cast-offs.

Another classic post where people completely overvalue our own players. No way they pull the plug on Johnny for a bunch of Buffalo cast-offs.

They'd probably be more likely to pull the plug on Manzgerald than on a 3d round pick.