Mea Culpa 2015...

The EJ story is already settled ;-) But seriously, I thought that Wannstedt would solidify our defense given his previous stints. That didn't come to pass.

You and me both. The "Wannstedt Craptacular" of 2012 may have been the angriest I've been at a Bills coach, ever.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always hedge my bet and don't go all in on players but I loved Losman's tools and thought he was gonna be a player. I was very encouraged after his 2006 season. Makes you wonder what would have happened if they never drafted Edwards. Probably not much of a difference. I also loved the James Hardy pick. It was so unlike the Bills at that time to draft a guy with character issues but with incredible physical tools. Thought he was gonna be a stud. Oh and yeah, I loved the EJ Manuel pick at the time and thought he was gonna be our franchise QB after the Carolina game. Little did I know, there would be a massive conspiracy involving the Bills organization and all the Bills reporters to make sure he is never heard from again even though he has looked great in practice this summer and does not really have the accuracy issues that everyone is reporting.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I thought Jimmy Clausen was going to be a Franchise QB.......... Yeah

I thought the same thing about Matt Barkley............. Yeah

I thought Tannehill would be a garbage NFL QB.......... Yeah

I thought Marshawn would have gotten himself an indefinite suspension by now.

I can't recall being wrong about anything, personally.

So I'll just issue a mea culpa on behalf of all our resident Pats fans, for believing that Brady isn't a lying, cheating little pansy-ass mama's boy. They're very, very sorry.

I thought Jimmy Clausen was going to be a Franchise QB.......... Yeah

I remember being mad as the rounds went on and they passed on Clausen & Colt McCoy. I thought that McCoy was going to be like a Matt Scaub that could run. At that time is was a compliment. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I remember being mad as the rounds went on and they passed on Clausen & Colt McCoy. I thought that McCoy was going to be like a Matt Scaub that could run. At that time is was a compliment.

It's almost impossible for a guy with a size issue to excel in the NFL. It happens, Wilson, Brees, but not a lot. It's very hard. It's also almost impossible for a guy with a rag arm problem to excel in the NFL. They can often look decent in preseason because the game is not played at top speed by top players, but they cannot excel in the NFL without a decent arm. That happens even less. Pennington is the last guy to do it.

McCoy has both of those problems. He's not tiny but he is small. He doesn't have a total rag arm but it's weak and not strong enough. I have said from day one, regardless of his smarts and accuracy and toughness he will never be good and he never will be.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

I was never convinced any of them would be great but I did have hope for Rob Johnson, TE, JP... and I continue to have hope for EJ.

Wishful thinking tends to color my view of QBs, though I never did get on the Flutie bandwagon.

Rob Johnson: just needs better protection

TE: just needs to take more risks downfield

JP: just needs to grow up as a leader

I thought when Marv became the GM that he was rebuilding the Bills into a long-term contender.

I thought Dave Wannstedt would have made the Bills defense a Top 10 defense.

I thought Tom Donahoe would have had the same success in Buffalo as he did in Pittsburgh.