Mea Culpa 2015...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought JJ Watt was going to be another Aaron Schobel / Chris Kelsay type player - play hard, high motor, just a decent to good player. Oops

Imo you were wrong about Schobel too. If he was not following Bruce Smith, more people would realize just how good he was. :)

Anyway, I got you beat by a mile.....I looked at Rob Johnson's skillset and thought that he would be a great quarterback! He was big enough, could run, had a great arm, was accurate, and his passes were easy to catch. Can't miss, right?

I learned from this and was never fooled by Losman. I knew right away that he was awful, and btw it hurts to see others make the same mistake wrt EJ.

Edited by Bill from NYC

This would be my longest post ever if I listed them...

Biggest: Every year for the last 15 I was optimistic about making the playoffs. For the last 9, I have bought season tickets, even though I live in NC, because I want playoff seats.

By the way, this year is !@#$ing it. We are going to the playoffs...(I never learn)..

Edited by JoeF

I also screwed up on Cam Newton and Ryan Tannehill.

I'm confused. Did you think they would be good or bad?

I thought letting Byrd walk was a mistake---very wrong.

Me too. But in our defense, he

was a great player in Buffalo.

When The team picked Trent Edwards, I was pretty sure the long search was over. i still believe lack of quality coaching and getting his bell rung too often contributed too. The running out of bounds on i think 4 th down avoiding a sack in hail mary time, kind of ended it all.

Reading about him in Los Gatos every week during his high school career and the guy looked like joe montana. he and that team got lots of local press. hey, at least they took a shot with him.

I thought Trent Edwards was the next franchise QB.

Side note: in college I had a friend who LOVED JP Losman. i didn't. after one particularly long TD throw from JP, my friend said in all seriousness, "dare i say, hall of fame?" we will never let him live that down. ever.

There were quite a few JP apologists on this board. See many making the same type of excuses for EJ now.

There were quite a few JP apologists on this board. See many making the same type of excuses for EJ now.

This is not the "I told you so" thread, knucklehead. How about telling us where you were wrong?

I was the biggest believer in Marrone coming in. Being a Syracuse fan, I honestly thought he would be our long term coach and lead us to success. I still am shaking my head over the seemingly Dr. Jeckyl & Mr. Hyde performance he turned into, never saw an inkling of the that behavior/attitude at Syracuse.

Did I make a personal attack on you? I don't recall posting such a thing?

You think "knucklehead" is a personal attack? If anything, it's playful. Lighten up; you'll know if I'm attacking you.

Did I make a personal attack on you? I don't recall posting such a thing?

So what were you wrong about besides the untold story of EJ Manuel and his "supporters" ?

I thought Corey Moore Lb from Va Tech was gonna provide us with double digit sacks for a decade.

So what were you wrong about besides the untold story of EJ Manuel and his "supporters" ?

I thought Corey Moore Lb from Va Tech was gonna provide us with double digit sacks for a decade.

The EJ story is already settled ;-) But seriously, I thought that Wannstedt would solidify our defense given his previous stints. That didn't come to pass.

I'm preparing to have the shoes thrown at me but is Crossman good? The Bills had 7 guys active on game day last year to do nothing more than ST (Gay, Schmidt, Sanborn, Carpenter, Easley, Thigpen & Dean). That was by far the most in the NFL and that doesn't even account for guys like Graham or Boobie. Crossman may be okay but the improvement was much more due to the personnel IMO.

ive many times made the argument that giving hackett/marrone peyton manning wouldnt have meant they were good offensive coaches, despite the assuredly better rankings.

his track record is so bad for so long, and the resources devoted to him last year so out of line with what is expected.... it felt more like he just didnt mess things up than he created a unit that was greater than its individual parts. in my book hes got to keep it up for a bit before im washing out 10 years of terrible.

to steal one from the first page, ill say i wasnt a big von miller fan -- he was 4-5 on my list at best, and would be a hold your breathe and hope kind of pick

Edited by NoSaint