Shout Song

Shout Song Poll  

136 members have voted

1. 1. After what occasions should the shout song be played?

The answer is:

The Shout Song is only cool if you are in the stadium after they score.

The Shout Song is NOT cool if in the parking lot or outside a bar in Buffalo or anywhere else in the United States, a drunk guy in his early 20's goes "ey-ey-ey-ey" and then someone else within earshot gives him the "ey-ey-ey-ey" back. Nor is it that cool at Bills backers bars in other cities after they score. Nor is it cool when people come out to it at their wedding. It is literally lame in every other instance imaginable EXCEPT for when you are actually in the stadium and they score. Then it's cool.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

The answer is:

The Shout Song is NOT cool if in the parking lot or outside a bar in Buffalo or anywhere else in the United States, a drunk guy in his early 20's goes "ey-ey-ey-ey" and then someone else within earshot gives him the "ey-ey-ey-ey" back. Nor is it that cool at Bills backers bars in other cities after they score. Nor is it cool when people come out to it at their wedding. It is literally lame in every other instance imaginable EXCEPT for when you are actually in the stadium and they score. Then it's cool.

Bills Backer's bar in Houson has the DJ play it after touchdowns. But if anybody sings it after a big play, but not Touchdown, they get yelled at.

The answer is:

Thank you, Mr. Judgemental :P

Bills Backer's bar in Houson has the DJ play it after touchdowns. But if anybody sings it after a big play, but not Touchdown, they get yelled at.

There is nothing worse than being at the Bills backers bar in Denver and the Bills are losing to like the Jets and they get a field goal in the second half to get within ten and they play it and then all the dorky Bills fans sing along. It's more of like a "hey we're all from Buffalo" thing than a Bills thing. And I have to put my hand over my head so no one can see me cringing. But when I go to the Colts game in September, you're damn right I'm singing along if they score a big touchdown.

The song is all about celebrating Bills' scoring moments and victories! I am glad that the far fetched idea of changing songs has been proven to be unworthy of additional comment.

It is definitely an 'in the stadium' song because there's nothing like high fiving those whose seats surround ours after a score. There is truly joy amongst the 12th Man!

As for singing it at other moments ... can't see it. Now, I have never thought about as the teams go out for half time if the Bills have a significant lead. That might be a possibility.

Same here in Atlanta. But apparently im not allowed to here it if i'm not in the stadium.... :nana:

I do agree though the random shouting of ey ey ey ey is really effing annoying between a bunch of drunk dudes.

Also, doing it at a Sabres game should get you banned from the arena for life.

The answer is:

Bills Backers Bars for sure. The DJ plays it after every TD and/or win. It's a great day-drunk at a random dark bar in Charlotte song.

Every Bills bar everywhere plays it during celebratory moments.

It's just as awesome as when it's played in the stadium. Anyone contending otherwise has only ever heard it in the stadium.

Correct, The two Bills Backers bars here in the ATL (because the group got to big for one bar) plays it after every touchdown. They have guys with flags stationed to wave the flags around when it is played. The song is blaring, the sound from the game is turned up. Great atmosphere to watch the game.

Correct, The two Bills Backers bars here in the ATL (because the group got to big for one bar) plays it after every touchdown. They have guys with flags stationed to wave the flags around when it is played. The song is blaring, the sound from the game is turned up. Great atmosphere to watch the game.

Come find us at Lincoln Station if you're ever in Chicago, GO BILLS!

The answer is:

I'm going to go with this. At my bar we will not do the shout song. I would imagine there are situations in which we would sing it, they just haven't happened in since I was allowed to go to bars.

The answer is:

man you are no fun at all!

I see nothing wrong with a pregame hype Shout song

If said bar has a few fellow Bills fan Why not bond in song?

The answer is:

That's an interesting perspective, a totally incorrect perspective, but , interesting nonetheless.

I will agree that after a Sabres game is wrong. My brother did it last time. He's a Sabres fan, and a Dolphins fan. I also may have been a little bit hammered, and may or may not have tried to start a fist fight with him over his right to sing a song for his team's rival.

I voted for touchdowns only. Noticeably absent from the list..."When TRBJ gets married"

Don't wory. There will be plenty of scoring that night.

I think it should be for TDs and Wins only. It should also be allowed to be played anywhere the majority of the fans are Bills fans watching the game. Stadium, Local Bars, Bills Backers Bars, whatever. At your own house (with less than 20 people there) should not be acceptable (unless it's a SB then all is fair game). It's a fun song especially in a party type atmosphere when the Bills are winning. I always thought it was a little late to wait until after the Extra Point, but it does fill some of the down time between that and a kick-off. I think it's also lame for FGs as those are failed drives IMO.

I think it should be for TDs and Wins only. It should also be allowed to be played anywhere the majority of the fans are Bills fans watching the game. Stadium, Local Bars, Bills Backers Bars, whatever. At your own house (with less than 20 people there) should not be acceptable (unless it's a SB then all is fair game). It's a fun song especially in a party type atmosphere when the Bills are winning. I always thought it was a little late to wait until after the Extra Point, but it does fill some of the down time between that and a kick-off. I think it's also lame for FGs as those are failed drives IMO.

I always thought they should have shorter version of it. Like just start from the Hey-ay-ay-ay part for FG. Celebrate the fact that we did score, but not as big of a celebration.

I will agree that after a Sabres game is wrong. My brother did it last time. He's a Sabres fan, and a Dolphins fan. I also may have been a little bit hammered, and may or may not have tried to start a fist fight with him over his right to sing a song for his team's rival.

Don't wory. There will be plenty of scoring that night.

Does she know this?

After a win.

I like the tradition, but think the song is a little lame.

I think it is time the song is quietly retired. It's cheesy, always was cheesy, and I'd like to open a new chapter in Bills history with something new. We can't ride off the Superbowl years forever...which is when that song was invented, at least as I remember it.

I think it is time the song is quietly retired. It's cheesy, always was cheesy, and I'd like to open a new chapter in Bills history with something new. We can't ride off the Superbowl years forever...which is when that song was invented, at least as I remember it.

It's tradition. Try telling an Eagles fan they can't sing "Fly Eagles, Fly." Or basically any college team to get a new fight song. You'll get punched.

I would say after a win and after a touchdown but only if we are still in the game. If we are getting blown out with like 2 minutes left and score a meaningless TD keep the song off.

Last time we played the Steelers, a bunch of Steelers fans walked into our Backers Bar towards the end of the game. Needless to day, we'd been drinking heavily all game. When we scored that touchdown, we celebrated with the Shout Song like we won the Super Bowl. Not a proud moment, but damn it felt good.

The answer is:

I disagree. I've watched a number of games at Bills Backers bars and love when Buffalo expats break out into SHOUT in an excess of enthusiasm. Makes ya feel at home!