Brady 4 game suspension upheld; Will go to court

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NFL needs to stand the ground rather then settle.

I was expecting a 2 game reduction regardless. So either way it's moot. He will miss 2 games for being a douche.

And IMO... accepting a deal = GUILTY

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/13466823/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-open-accepting-suspension-provisions-source

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Odd how suddenly Brady is willing to accept a suspension given that it was a solid "no way" before.

I say make it two games and call it "failing to cooperate" and just move on. Even 1 game is good enough. Having him on the bench for the big Thursday Night opener is a major embarrassment for the Patriots*.

As much as I loathe New England* enough is enough.

Odd how suddenly Brady is willing to accept a suspension given that it was a solid "no way" before.

I say make it two games and call it "failing to cooperate" and just move on. Even 1 game is good enough. Having him on the bench for the big Thursday Night opener is a major embarrassment for the Patriots*.

As much as I loathe New England* enough is enough.

I think that a truly fair settlement would be two games and Brady admitting that he failed to cooperate and agreeing to the Wells Report but Brady also being allowed to cross his fingers behind his back, and the NFL acknowledging they let him hold his fingers crossed behind his back. That way, both sides get what they want and keep the dignity they have both displayed throughout.

Glad to see the NFL sticking to their guns on this.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-brady-willing-to-accept-suspension-for-not-cooperating/ar-BBlSimw?ocid=iehp

"ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Brady would be open to accepting a suspension only if the punishment is the result of failing to fully cooperate with the investigation. As you know, Brady refused to turn over his personal cell phone during the Ted Wells investigation. That is apparently not good enough for the NFL. The reason no progress is being made is that Brady refuses to admit he had any knowledge of alleged ball tampering. The NFL wants the 38-year-old to accept the findings of the Wells report if the two sides agree to settle."

i guess i just dont see why this dragging into the season for the purpose of having him say he was "generally aware" is good for the league.

So players know they can't blatantly cheat and get away with it? People make way too much out of the term "generally aware." The league was not saying he was actually generally aware of it, that was just the term they used which was the bar. Wells and The NFL was really saying we know you did it, we just cannot prove it with hard evidence because you and the team prevented us from getting it. The league doesn't actually believe one bit that he was generally aware of it, otherwise you're right, they would just let it go at two games or allow him to play.