Brady 4 game suspension upheld; Will go to court

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brady's earlier phone, and perhaps the earlier one than that, were handed over to a security person to get information off it. Phone numbers and stuff. The important phone in question, that he used during the latter part of the season and playoffs and after the story broke, he never turn over. That is the one he said he destroyed like he destroys them all (except the last one, and maybe the last two).

I know that, was just explaining the implication of destroyed to Beerball versus a broken phone. Then again Brady is now saying they phone isnt destroyed but broken but that he would never want to turn it over in the first place because he doesn't need to or what ever his spin doctor wrote on his facebook account.

I know that, was just explaining the implication of destroyed to Beerball versus a broken phone. Then again Brady is now saying they phone isnt destroyed but broken but that he would never want to turn it over in the first place because he doesn't need to or what ever his spin doctor wrote on his facebook account.

Got you. His choice of "broken phone" was curious to say the least, after he said he ordered it destroyed. Maybe it just happened to break on the day of his hearing so he just happened to get a new one and have the broken one destroyed. People do that, right?

But Brady just does too many things too well for me to assume it's all because he cheats. It's just not that easy.

GO BILLS!!!

The original argument was about HOF. Maybe he would have been a decent QB without cheating. I absolutely believe his career would be very different and he would not be in the discussion for HOF QB without it.

At a minimum I wish I would stop hearing people say "He's so good, he doesn't need to cheat" when there is such a high degree of possibility the whoie reason he is good is exactly because of cheating!

Edited by stevewin

So if I take your example and apply it to cycling for instance it would be "Gamemanship" if they added a powersource in their bicycle frames that would power the bikes or at least help out with the load?

I think it's grey - I think blatant cheating that gives one a huge and unfair advantage along with point shaving go beyond mere gamesmanship. I don't know enough about competitive bicycling to have an opinion. With regard to the Pats' infraction, I think it's pretty minor. Some here disagree.

*cough* rulebook *cough*

??

And Goodells report was great. He's a buffoon a lot, and I'm sure it took this long because him and his own lawyers worked on it forever.

Yeah. I remember thinking "They must either be trying to get Brady to agree to something so it all goes away or be making the ruling as bulletproof as possible."

Now it looks like both were happening.

In bringing up the other talented QBs, I thought you were suggesting that they would have enjoyed the same success Brady has if they had the same advantage of cheating. If I misunderstood, my apologies.

GO BILLS!!!

You didn't misunderstand. I implied those already-successful quarterbacks would have ABSOLUTELY enjoyed "Bradyesque" success if they too were cheating to the levels he allegedly has been.

The original argument was about HOF. Maybe he would have been a decent QB without cheating. I absolutely believe his career would be very different and he would not be in the discussion for HOF QB without it.

At a minimum I wish I would stop hearing people say "He's so good, he doesn't need to cheat" when there is such a high degree of possibility the whoie reason he is good is exactly because of cheating!

Ding ding ding!!!!

After that happened legal analysts all seemed to agree that there was no question these guys signed some non disclosure agreement and that they wouldn't be able to talk to anyone about it or they would be sued by the Patriots and neither could afford that.

I have to wonder if that NDA couldn't be broken by the courts, though. I don't know that an NDA trumps a subpoena. And since Brady destroyed evidence, one could stretch the point and argue the NDA's invalid because it's intended to cover a criminal conspiracy.

Ultimately, though...they could just get up on the stand and plead the fifth (reasonably, since they'd be implicating themselves). NDA not broken, subpoena not violated.

@mikerodak: Bills DT Kyle Williams, the team's NFLPA rep, reacts to Tom Brady's suspension being upheld http://t.co/vkxnZDyrEu

"We, the NFLPA, have to do our job. Even though he deserved it."

I have to wonder if that NDA couldn't be broken by the courts, though. I don't know that an NDA trumps a subpoena. And since Brady destroyed evidence, one could stretch the point and argue the NDA's invalid because it's intended to cover a criminal conspiracy.

Ultimately, though...they could just get up on the stand and plead the fifth (reasonably, since they'd be implicating themselves). NDA not broken, subpoena not violated.

."

I would imagine the court would trump the nda. But I've always maintained there is not a chance in hell that Brady enters any court where he has any chance of Jastremski and McNally called as witnesses under oath.

You know how you can never say never? NEVER!!!!