Brady 4 game suspension upheld; Will go to court

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, the longer this goes, I think this kills Brady in the court of public opinion. No where will his suit undo that he was found to have cheater, and each sleazy spin makes him more unlikable.

Brady having slightly decreasing the air in the balls does not reall diminish his legacy. Stamping around like a child having a temper tantrum while clumsy coverup after clumsy coverup and silly excuse comes to light does.

idk. we already knew that Brady provided the list. That's not new and still poses questions about their timing.

timing seems about as simple as "we arent providing it, its not something thats been of consequence before" and then "oh, you are issuing a suspension on this, heres the requested stuff"

though if k9 is correct that he withheld everything that was actually from wells relevant request period, its a whole different conversation.

idk. we already knew that Brady provided the list. That's not new and still poses questions about their timing.

And we also know that the phone information provided was irrelevant because it didn't come from the exact phone that Wells demanded the information from. Nor did it comply with the timeframe requested.

My new word for the day: SUBTERFUGE!

I don't think it means what Yee thinks it means.

GO BILLS!!!

Ultimately, though...they could just get up on the stand and plead the fifth (reasonably, since they'd be implicating themselves). NDA not broken, subpoena not violated.

But if offered immunity, they'd have to testify, correct?

timing seems about as simple as "we arent providing it, its not something thats been of consequence before" and then "oh, you are issuing a suspension on this, heres the requested stuff"

though if k9 is correct that he withheld everything that was actually from wells relevant request period, its a whole different conversation.

It's not my correctness in question here. It's in Goodell's report that he filed yesterday.

GO BILLS!!!

You know, the longer this goes, I think this kills Brady in the court of public opinion. No where will his suit undo that he was found to have cheater, and each sleazy spin makes him more unlikable.

Brady having slightly decreasing the air in the balls does not reall diminish his legacy. Stamping around like a child having a temper tantrum while clumsy coverup after clumsy coverup and silly excuse comes to light does.

Americans like victims. If Brady apologized and meekly took his punishment, America would love him. Instead, he's acting like a giant douche rocket, and making the league the victim. Meaning he's accomplishing the impossible task of making America love Roger !@#$ing Goodell. :wallbash:

Brilliant strategy. Somewhere in hell, Hitler's ghost is watching this and thinking "Hey, I was an idiot, but at least I only invaded Russia."

But if offered immunity, they'd have to testify, correct?

I'm not sure. I only know that's what Law & Order SVU says.

Start by reading page 11: 'C. Did Mr. Brady Refuse to cooperate with the Investigation'

GO BILLS!!!

And Brady's defense against that accusation will likely be "That's a lie. The investigator didn't cooperate with me."

And we were worried this would all get swept under the rug and become nothing more than a footnote in their history.

I, for one, hope he continues to fight it and make himself look like a spoiled child.

Americans like victims. If Brady apologized and meekly took his punishment, America would love him. Instead, he's acting like a giant douche rocket, and making the league the victim. Meaning he's accomplishing the impossible task of making America love Roger !@#$ing Goodell. :wallbash:

Brilliant strategy. Somewhere in hell, Hitler's ghost is watching this and thinking "Hey, I was an idiot, but at least I only invaded Russia."

I'm not sure. I only know that's what Law & Order SVU says.

Outstanding. Especially the reference to Hitler invading Russia.

GO BILLS!!!

And Brady's defense against that accusation will likely be "That's a lie. The investigator didn't cooperate with me."

LOL! You are in rare form today. Even for you.

But given how Brady has told two different phone stories in less than a day, wouldn't it be great to see him perform under oath on a stand? That will never happen, but he would crumble. I think he would actually breakdown.

GO BILLS!!!

Outstanding. Especially the reference to Hitler invading Russia.

GO BILLS!!!

I was going to say "It's like Hitler invading Russia," but I didn't want to Godwin the thread.

But it does have it's parallels - a (*^*&%^$^#narcissist takes a stand on a ridiculous principle and picks a fight with a dumbshit tyrant that nobody likes, and suddenly everyone finds themselves grudgingly supporting the tyrant against their better judgement.

In two weeks, we'll see Goodell, Irsay, and Bisciotti meeting at Yalta, while Brady hides in a bunker under Harvard Square.

The CBA says that you're supposed to provide that information before the hearing. If they did, couldn't the NFL delay the hearing and look into it? Providing it at the hearing allows them to conveniently say to the public "oh, look. we provided the info and the NFL isn't doing anything." From the NFL's point of view, the hearing has now happened and they're supposed to make a ruling, according to the CBA, not investigate further.

Plus, Brady had already provided a transcript of all the answers to all of the questions that Goodell had for him before the appeal even started, which read, "No. No. No. I have no idea. Not me. No. No. Why should I? No. No. I know you are but what am I. No. No. Not me. Because I'm Tom Motherfukkin Brady, that's why. No. Not me. Why are you out to get me. And no."