Brady 4 game suspension upheld; Will go to court

The original argument was about HOF. Maybe he would have been a decent QB without cheating. I absolutely believe his career would be very different and he would not be in the discussion for HOF QB without it.

At a minimum I wish I would stop hearing people say "He's so good, he doesn't need to cheat" when there is such a high degree of possibility the whoie reason he is good is exactly because of cheating!

Like I said, cheating or not, it's just not that easy to execute his position like he does. Sorry you're tired of hearing it, but he really doesn't need to cheat.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mikerodak: Bills C Eric Wood, who has filled in for Kyle Williams as the Bills' rep, reacts to Brady's suspension being upheld http://t.co/HMPog87rUr

So Rodak just let Wood hang out to dry. EW is being butchered in the retweets for not "sticking up for a fellow union member" when all he said is that he appreciates the consistency between the original punishment and the result after appeal. He admitted he didn't really know what an appropriate penalty should be.

You didn't misunderstand. I implied those already-successful quarterbacks would have ABSOLUTELY enjoyed "Bradyesque" success if they too were cheating to the levels he allegedly has been.

Right. And I disagreed. Nothing about what those other QBs do tells me they are close to Brady in terms of quarterbacking. Except for Big Ben who is gonna be a first ballot HOFer, anyway.

GO BILLS!!!

So Rodak just let Wood hang out to dry. EW is being butchered in the retweets for not "sticking up for a fellow union member" when all he said is that he appreciates the consistency between the original punishment and the result after appeal. He admitted he didn't really know what an appropriate penalty should be.

He wasn't as PC as Kyle Williams was, but he's not the team rep, so...

wood kind of let himself be hung out to dry, if he didnt have an opinion to share on the case. why should he comment on liking that the commissioner upheld it? big deal? no way. dumb comment on his part? probably so.

Like I said, cheating or not, it's just not that easy to execute his position like he does. Sorry you're tired of hearing it, but he really doesn't need to cheat.

GO BILLS!!!

I really agree with that. I don't think he has to either.

Which brings up an interesting thought to me. I also strongly think that Belichick and Kraft are total scumbags, but had no knowledge of and no part whatsoever in the actual deflating. So I originally held Brady totally responsible for that.

And I always wondered about the fact that he of all people must think he's the best ever, and why would he even need to cheat, evidenced by the fact he's just as good home and away, he was better with the non deflated balls in the game, etc.

Which now makes me believe that Kraft and Belichick are partially responsible. Because they both collectively created this culture of win at all costs, damn the rules, damn the league, damn everything and everyone but us, and do every little thing you can to gain every little advantage however big or small or seemingly minuscule or within the rules. And if you get caught just deny everything forever.

So they are all somewhat culpable.

I really agree with that. I don't think he has to either.

Which brings up an interesting thought to me. I also strongly think that Belichick and Kraft are total scumbags, but had no knowledge of and no part whatsoever in the actual deflating. So I originally held Brady totally responsible for that.

And I always wondered about the fact that he of all people must think he's the best ever, and why would he even need to cheat, evidenced by the fact he's just as good home and away, he was better with the non deflated balls in the game, etc.

Which now makes me believe that Kraft and Belichick are partially responsible. Because they both collectively created this culture of win at all costs, damn the rules, damn the league, damn everything and everyone but us, and do every little thing you can to gain every little advantage however big or small or seemingly minuscule or within the rules. And if you get caught just deny everything forever.

So they are all somewhat culpable.

I think that's unfair. I have a first row seat to A-Rod this year (I've watched at least 70-75 percent of the games), and I don't believe for an instant that Girardi ever had knowledge of or involvement in A-Rod's transgressions. Nor do I believe that the Steinbrenners or Cashman did. The irony is that the 40-year old A-Rod is presumably clean as a whistle this year, and he's just ripping it. Basically, he didn't need to juice--he'd still have been great. Same thing with Brady. I think players at the top like them are so super-competitive and so intensely fearful of failure that they're very willing to cut corners for an edge and simply hope they don't get caught.

Edited by dave mcbride

@ProFootballTalk: Per source, NFLPA will ask judge to either rule by September 4 or to issue an injunction allowing Brady to play pending a ruling.

they really want that injunction because it'll seem like a victory to the public. All about perception.

This is the judge in Minnesota, right? Has the judge in NY ruled on the NFL's arbitration question?

I think that's unfair. I have a first row seat to A-Rod this year (I've watched at least 70-75 percent of the games), and I don't believe for an instant that Girardi ever had knowledge of or involvement in A-Rod's transgressions. Nor do I believe that the Steinbrenners or Cashman did. The irony is that the 40-year old A-Rod is presumably clean as a whistle this year, and he's just ripping it. Basically, he didn't need to juice--he'd still have been great. Same thing with Brady. I think players at the top like them are so super-competitive and so intensely fearful of failure that they're very willing to cut corners for an edge and simply hope they don't get caught.

So many guys in baseball juice though and deny it as long as they possibly can. It's the norm for big hitters and they think they can't compete with other big hitters who are juicing if they don't do it themselves. No other QB changes the balls before the games that we know of. And furthermore, In Girardi and Cashman's case, there is nothing to make anyone believe they are not decent guys or that they cheat (unless there is something I don't know about, I don't follow baseball). So there is no influence whatsoever from them that it is okay. Belichick drills that into the team everyday.

they really want that injunction because it'll seem like a victory to the public. All about perception.

This is the judge in Minnesota, right? Has the judge in NY ruled on the NFL's arbitration question?

I think I read yesterday that if they do it in MN they only have a one in eleven chance of getting Doty assigned to the case, the one guy who has been favorable to them in the past, although not with this particular kind of thing. In fact, one legal guy who sounded like he knew the cases well, said the NFL is actually appealing one of the MN rulings itself, and is expected to win, negating one of the NFLPA's wins in MN. I don't know the veracity of that claim at all, but the guy knew all about the specific cases.

wood kind of let himself be hung out to dry, if he didnt have an opinion to share on the case. why should he comment on liking that the commissioner upheld it? big deal? no way. dumb comment on his part? probably so.

I'm sure he won't make the same mistake again -- particularly to Rodak. As soon as the players think the reporters won't have their backs in return for access, they're cut off.

I think I read yesterday that if they do it in MN they only have a one in eleven chance of getting Doty assigned to the case, the one guy who has been favorable to them in the past, although not with this particular kind of thing. In fact, one legal guy who sounded like he knew the cases well, said the NFL is actually appealing one of the MN rulings itself, and is expected to win, negating one of the NFLPA's wins in MN. I don't know the veracity of that claim at all, but the guy knew all about the specific cases.

i heard something about this today. The NFL is appealing the ruling on the Adrian Peterson case that was tried in MN.

Also, Bill Polian said they won't automatically get to go to MN. He said there are hoops to jump through there and there needs to be a good reason it can't be done in NY.

Edited by YoloinOhio

The Petersen case is still under appeal.

And for there being a 1/11 chance, it sure seems like Doty gets an improbable amount of these cases when filed in MN.

Hmm.

GO BILLS!!!

I am sure this won't be grossly one-sided at all

@JasonLaCanfora: Brady's agent, Don Yee, gives new details on what his client did and did not provide to NFL's investigation: http://t.co/t2pzcSO3Sa

It's clear that LaContorta is Yee's shill -- he's been running with everything out of that guy's mouth during this story. And Yee comes across like a douche.

I give Good Dell a lot of credit for sticking to his guns. After New Orleans was killed by the by the commiss, he had to stick it to the boy Brady. What a sleezzze he is. Every time I picture him he is crying like a baby to a ref.

@JasonLaCanfora: Brady's agent, Don Yee, gives new details on what his client did and did not provide to NFL's investigation: http://t.co/t2pzcSO3Sa

Still spinning....

"We were willing to reveal identities of everyone in Tom's phone. Everybody. We took the extra step to provide the Commissioner with all of Tom's personal cell phone billing records -- the billing records show all outgoing and incoming phone calls and texts. We took the further step to advise the Commissioner we were willing to disclose the identity of every single person in the billing record Tom communicated with. We took the additional step of speaking to general counsel at AT&T to determine if the company could somehow retrieve all those text message and he wrote letter back saying that's not possible, and we gave that letter to the commissioner as well. The commissioner tried to imply Tom was hiding something; does this seem like the behavior of someone trying to hide something?"

Um, yes it does.

They sound so very very helpful.

LOL! Yee doesn't even realize how he contradicts himself.

His lawyer game is weak.

GO BILLS!!!

Oh boy, you gave him all the phone numbers he had contact with. Maybe if your client, you know, didn't destroy his phone on the day of a meeting with an NFL investigator you could have provided the actual texts.

Oh wait.

Under your legal consul you choose not to cooperate fully.