Brady 4 game suspension upheld; Will go to court

Plus, Brady had already provided a transcript of all the answers to all of the questions that Goodell had for him before the appeal even started, which read, "No. No. No. I have no idea. Not me. No. No. Why should I? No. No. I know you are but what am I. No. No. Not me. Because I'm Tom Motherfukkin Brady, that's why. No. Not me. Why are you out to get me. And no."

I REALLY want to see Belichick take the stand.

"I'm not concerned with that now. I'm just looking ahead to the Aaron Hernandez appeal."

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to say "It's like Hitler invading Russia," but I didn't want to Godwin the thread.

But it does have it's parallels - a (*^*&%^$^#narcissist takes a stand on a ridiculous principle and picks a fight with a dumbshit tyrant that nobody likes, and suddenly everyone finds themselves grudgingly supporting the tyrant against their better judgement.

In two weeks, we'll see Goodell, Irsay, and Bisciotti meeting at Yalta, while Brady hides in a bunker under Harvard Square.

Tears! Phuckin' tears! This posts satisfies my interests on many levels.

GO BILLS!!!

I have to wonder if that NDA couldn't be broken by the courts, though. I don't know that an NDA trumps a subpoena. And since Brady destroyed evidence, one could stretch the point and argue the NDA's invalid because it's intended to cover a criminal conspiracy.

Ultimately, though...they could just get up on the stand and plead the fifth (reasonably, since they'd be implicating themselves). NDA not broken, subpoena not violated.

"We, the NFLPA, have to do our job. Even though he deserved it."

Absolutely. I've never seen a private contract that doesn't have a carveout for compliance with government, judicial or regulatory requests.

The CBA says that you're supposed to provide that information before the hearing. If they did, couldn't the NFL delay the hearing and look into it? Providing it at the hearing allows them to conveniently say to the public "oh, look. we provided the info and the NFL isn't doing anything." From the NFL's point of view, the hearing has now happened and they're supposed to make a ruling, according to the CBA, not investigate further.

Whatever Brady provided in the way of phone records was a day late and more than a dollar short. I've said it previously, but his actions come across as contemptuous.

And I think it pissed off Stalin, I mean Goodell, in no small way.

GO BILLS!!!

Whatever Brady provided in the way of phone records was a day late and more than a dollar short. I've said it previously, but his actions come across as contemptuous.

And I think it pissed off Stalin, I mean Goodell, in no small way.

GO BILLS!!!

It's obviously just "gamesmanship" from Brady's lawyer.

Good thing the NFL didn't fall for it, because then the NFLPA could've pointed their finger, yelling "look! they're not following that damned CBA we agreed to/don't agree with!"

Edited by LeGOATski

does anybody know what motive the NFL has in going after Tom Brady? I dont get that part.

is Gary Bettman going to go after Sidney Crosby?

Their motive? That a star QB lied to everyone and continues to stand behind those lies. What's not to get?

Their motive? That a star QB lied to everyone and continues to stand behind those lies. What's not to get?

I just mean for the defenders of The Pats/Brady. The whole crux of their argument is Goodell is out to get Brady... but I dont know what the reason could be

I just mean for the defenders of The Pats/Brady. The whole crux of their argument is Goodell is out to get Brady... but I dont know what the reason could be

It just stands to reason they would go after him hard after they protected him for 14 straight years, gave him and his team all the calls and benefit of the doubt, and the commissioner was best pals with his team owner.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

does anybody know what motive the NFL has in going after Tom Brady? I dont get that part.

is Gary Bettman going to go after Sidney Crosby?

I'm pretty sure Bettman is gonna go after Brady, too.

GO BILLS!!!

The defenders would probably offer jealousy by some other owners who are pressuring Goodell to push hard. I have heard that excuse. They ignore the fact that he's guilty and this should be pushed for that reason.

Americans like victims. If Brady apologized and meekly took his punishment, America would love him. Instead, he's acting like a giant douche rocket, and making the league the victim. Meaning he's accomplishing the impossible task of making America love Roger !@#$ing Goodell. :wallbash:

Brilliant strategy. Somewhere in hell, Hitler's ghost is watching this and thinking "Hey, I was an idiot, but at least I only invaded Russia."

I posted a hypothetical earlier. If Brady had taken his 4 games like a man (like Dareus did his one) we never find out about him destroying his phone. We don't see him unwilling to take one game if he just admits it, and he never would have had to admit a thing. Two months later, Greg Hardy's decision comes down, and Goddell looks like an ass because of the similar penalty. I would have been first in line asking him to resign. Brady would have been a martyr who got hit by an overzealous comissioner.

Now he just looks like a bitchy little girl.

I posted a hypothetical earlier. If Brady had taken his 4 games like a man (like Dareus did his one) we never find out about him destroying his phone. We don't see him unwilling to take one game if he just admits it, and he never would have had to admit a thing. Two months later, Greg Hardy's decision comes down, and Goddell looks like an ass because of the similar penalty. I would have been first in line asking him to resign. Brady would have been a martyr who got hit by an overzealous comissioner.

Now he just looks like a bitchy little girl.

I understand the spirit of this, but the Hardy case would still be a stretch for comparison. There were mitigating circumstances involved, not the least of which was that he was suspended by his team for 15 games last season. Plus, it's easy to assume that Hardy offered much more in the way of cooperation and contrition towards the process. Hell, anything less than walking in and giving Goodell the finger would have amounted to much more in the way of cooperation than what Brady offered.

GO BILLS!!!