Gosder Cherilus, anyone?(update- visiting 7/29)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't the Colts have o-line issues of their own? If he comes super cheap then why not I suppose..

They drafted jack mewhort in the 2nd last year and he played tackle all through college. He played guard last year, but looks to be solidified at RT this year with this move. I assume it was that his performance wasn't living up to he contract so they thought they could save money with Mewhort moving to RT.

Can't hurt to put him through a physical. Something tells me he might fail it though.

so did Cassel, but ...

Can't hurt to put him through a physical. Something tells me he might fail it though.

He had a good 2013 before flaming out last year playing on a bad knee. Said to be good to go after surgery. This was mostly about money. They wanted to restructure his contract but he refused.

Another banner FA signing from Grigson

@adbrandt: Colts cut Gosder Cherilus. Five-year, $35 million contract turns into two-year $16 million contract. #treasuretotrash

Thankfully Grigson is a bad personnel man. The Colts are one of the AFC favorites as it is but if he was even decent at his job the regular season would be a moot point in the AFC. Luck is the best and most impactful player in the conference by A LOT. Grigson is keeping them close to the pack. The AFC is not loaded with powerhouse teams. Grigson will eventually get canned so there is no time like the present for teams like the Bills who are operating with short competitive windows due to a lack of a QB.

Don't the Colts have o-line issues of their own? If he comes super cheap then why not I suppose..

Yes they do. He was part of the problem. I'd sign him to replace Wayne Hunter as the camp vet or whatever, but wouldn't count on him making the team.