Tim Graham article on Aaron Maybin

Very interesting story. As an artist he is talented. But it bothers me when it is said he would do what any young, rich athlete would do and got two different women pregnant. He seems sensitive at least and these things bothered him but his lack of character led to many of his issues. Yet, it wasn't his fault the Bills picked him so early - everyone I knew thought he was a reach and a horrible pick being undersized and coming off just one good season. I understand what he means about people overrating the pros of being a professional athlete and not considering the negatives. Imagine what it was like 25 years ago! These guys get paid so much now it is hard to feel sorry for them. He choose the profession and it is one based largely on superficial judgment - no different than modeling or acting. I think he owes football quite a bit even though it didn't work out for him.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Connor Cook, anyone?

Glad the guy is doing something that calls to him and I hope he is happy. That said, I don't think his "artwork" would fetch enough money to buy breakfast at Denny's.

Maybe at Denny's right after the bars closed?

"The Bills narrowed their 2009 first-round draft decision to three players and selected Maybin instead of future Pro Bowlers Brian Orakpo and Brian Cushing." :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

on top of that they didn't even have Clay Matthews who should have been the first choice :doh::doh: :doh:

I hardly even watch college football, and it's ridiculous - but I said just take any of the three USC linebackers.

In 2008, I saw one minute of Oregon in the Holiday Bowl (I think). Ngata got hurt on the first play I saw. I said that's who we need to draft..........We got Whitner instead.

I think everybody overthinks it!

It's funny sometimes. I didn't watch much (any) CFB growing up. I saw Curtis Martin in I believe the Blue Grey game and asked "who is THAT guy? I want HIM!" He turned out OK. Not a ton of hype, just a solid player.

I'm sure I saw Whitner play, but never really noticed.

They say pictures are worth a thousand words , well first impressions are too !!

If you look at Maybins reaction at the draft when they call his name as the Bills pick , he looked absolutely disgusted !

I think that in it self doomed him with the Bills fan base !! Then when they talked to him the first time he had such a disingenuous conversation with the interviewer .

you can tell when a person is BS ing who ever they are talking to & he (IMHO) was so phony in that first interview & the Bills fans along with the management saw right through it !!

Sure i don't think because of the Bills less than stable coaching through out that time that a lot more than just him didn't get a real good shot because of the lack of stability in the franchise .

But he made his bed from that first day with me ! So suck it up dude you got more money in 4 years than most of us do in a lifetime of busting our ass .

Recognize your blessings & stop your crying !!!

It's absolutely amazing to me the ball-washing Timmah Graham is getting over this "story" of an oppressed multi-millionaire failed NFL player who is also mediocre at best as an artist.

Give me a freaking break.

It's absolutely amazing to me the ball-washing Timmah Graham is getting over this "story" of an oppressed multi-millionaire failed NFL player who is also mediocre at best as an artist.

Yeah, it is curious.

"There are bongs all over this guy's house. He's smoked pot five times since we started this interview. Let's let him tell us what's what."

"Also, none of the artwork I've spent 600 words on is commercially viable. But he's happy. And high."

Yeah, it is curious.

"There are bongs all over this guy's house. He's smoked pot five times since we started this interview. Let's let him tell us what's what."

"Also, none of the artwork I've spent 600 words on is commercially viable. But he's happy. And high."

lol!

Mediocre? Please, you're being too kind. That is some of the worst artwork I've seen by somebody claiming to be a professional artist.

Agreed E. Him whining bout the combine and how dehumanizing it all is...simple, don't go. But when you want to make millions of dollars with your body, people going to want to inspect it. I feel zero remorse for this dude except in losing a child...awful that and feel for 100 % of peoe that go through that.

Biggest thing I took from this article...Aaron Freaking Maybin got six sacks and 4 forced fumbles in A Rex Ryan defense...could Hughes break the NFL sack record this year?

I'm surprised Timmah didn't explain that the real reason fans were down on Maybin is because they still fail to accept a person who couldn't play linebacker, but identified as one.

When, oh when, will football fans finally be able to accept translinebackers in the NFL? The discrimination is deafening.

Edited by LABillzFan

I don't know - I know its supposed to be kind of a feel good story - man overcomes loss of son and mean NFL types on way to peace and artistic expression - but he still comes off as kind of a doosh to me.

His plan with Arrington was to look good at the combine - the slave market Maybin slags so badly - and get rich off it, which he did. The combine made him realize he was just a piece of meat and nothing was the same after that. Wah - give me a break.

I don't know - I know its supposed to be kind of a feel good story - man overcomes loss of son and mean NFL types on way to peace and artistic expression - but he still comes off as kind of a doosh to me.

Actually the plan was to make him look like what he is....and it's clear he saw a poser douche....while seeming to sympathize with him a bit too much for effect(and perhaps to create more opportunities to interview vilains of Bills past).

Presented in the matter-of-fact naivete of the infamous asking of EJ Manuel whether the Bills should draft another QB.

What?

It was just a question. :lol:

Definitely a notch above anything Sully does to get the hound dogs wailing.