Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer arrested (Suspended 6 games)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only if theyre black and in a hoody

*stirs the pot*

Only if they attack you first.

Police report says the incident happened between 11:30 PM and 12:42 AM

So then, the "it was dark" defense is in play.

I suppose the question would be, is that from a punch? Or was Aaron trying to take a chair back and tried grabbing it and the "kid" didn't let go and there was a bit of back and forth and he got knocked in the face in the back forth struggle.

Not saying the kid is lying but this whole account thus far is from him, after the fact.

i agree. We only know one side of the story at this point. I'd expect him to plead not guilty and go for a plea deal. That is if he is formally charged, which hasn't been decided yet. The link I posted last night from Sal about the legal process in FL said there could be increased, decreased, or no charges coming after the case is reviewed.

i agree. We only know one side of the story at this point. I'd expect him to plead not guilty and go for a plea deal. That is if he is formally charged, which hasn't been decided yet. The link I posted last night from Sal about the legal process in FL said there could be increased, decreased, or no charges coming after the case is reviewed.

I expect that he'll plead as well, just because it's likely to be a slap on the wrist . It's pretty much a slam dunk that he gave a minor a black eye, but stopping a group of thieves, on your property, in the middle of the night while using force that was not endangering anyone's life or risking serious injury is a pretty mitigating factor. The more I hear, the more Kromer seems sympathetic.

That is if he is formally charged, which hasn't been decided yet.

It will be hard for a prosecutor to file on this with only hearsay allegations from the kids. An arrest in and of itself doesn't prove anything. Cops often arrest people just to diffuse situations knowing the person will be kicked shortly after they get through booking, as Kromer was.

At this point, the only certainty is that the parents are lining up for a civil suit, which is as American as Apple Pie and Lipitor...

As I've said, I can only assume he thought Rapoport wouldn't use the story. Which was dumb admittedly. I doubt he ran to Rapoport so as to reveal it to the world.

Are you kidding? Then you keep it off the record. These guys know how it works. He obviously wanted it out there that he was questioning Cutler's decision making so he could justify benching Cutler in favor of...Jimmy Clausen!

Or the guy who tried to spin "deflate" as "losing weight." Although this is infinitely more plausible than that excuse was.

You might be right.

Most of these people guffawing at Kromer would be using every defense possible to get themselves out of a predicament like this. So much for giving people with no prior history of legal problems second chances.

He will get a plea deal down from the misdemeanor battery.

After getting dumped from that trainwreck of an offensive coaching staff in Chicago, Kromer got his second chance....from Rex.

It will be hard for a prosecutor to file on this with only hearsay allegations from the kids. An arrest in and of itself doesn't prove anything. Cops often arrest people just to diffuse situations knowing the person will be kicked shortly after they get through booking, as Kromer was.

At this point, the only certainty is that the parents are lining up for a civil suit, which is as American as Apple Pie and Lipitor...

They do it all the time--and it's obviously their allegations aren't "hearsay". One is an alleged victim. The others are witnesses.

Edited by Mr. WEO

They do it all the time--and it's obviously their allegations aren't "hearsay". One is an alleged victim. The others are witnesses.

He said, she said. Prosecutors only bring slam dunks to trial and the word of three minors doesn't carry much water. Especially if Kromer brings his own, contradictory story line into the mix...

http://www.pjstar.com/article/20150620/NEWS/150629947

Edited by Lurker

He said, she said. Prosecutors only bring slam dunks to trial and the word of three minors doesn't carry much water. Especially if Kromer brings his own, contradictory story line into the mix...

http://www.pjstar.com/article/20150620/NEWS/150629947

The poster said their account is "hearsay".. It's clearly not.

And it's not about bringing cases to trial, it's about getting convictions--usually through plea deals. This will never go to court. Everyone knows it.

The key here is Kromer's son. He saw it all. If these kids attacked his father, I doubt he would stick around to help them find their gear--unless he is ready to deny that.

Edited by Mr. WEO