Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer arrested (Suspended 6 games)

Meh, not really. Not when it's obvious this guy did the wrong thing. Look at the guy ... angry jock type who's a coach in the NFL. He's an angry SOB and has issues. Who would punch a minor? In front of their own son? This guy has issues ... so obvious. The police arrested him. They ask questions and then act appropriately. Of course he's guilty.

I hope you're never on jury duty. I'm not saying it looks good, but....

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you're never on jury duty. I'm not saying it looks good, but....

Yea the "cop arrested him so he must be guilty" paired with officers often erring on the side of arresting so the court can decide is kind of a scary duo of thought processes in our legal system

Don't get caught up with semantics, Any minor is considered a kid and what was his son doing at the scene? The guy should win the greatest dad of the year award.

Imo

innocent until proven guilty Leroi

They desperately want him to be innocent. The mob is going to take it out on whoever disagrees with them.

I get the same fallout anytime I try to defend someone, that everybody here has already decided is guilty. Don't let them get to you.

Or we simply want to hear ALL the facts before making up our own damn minds.......

Now, some serious questions.... what kind of contingency moves are going on behind the scenes? Is there a person on the staff who can step into that role? How good are they? Is there anyone available who is qualified and for some reason unattached? Was this discussed ad nauseam a half dozen pages ago?

A lot of folks are painting a situation where he is innocent..or waiting for his side of the story.

Kromer either lawyered up or told his side of the story to the arresting officer. The arresting officer decided to arrest a 48 year old white professional. This isn't fricking Rodney King. Kromer would get every benefit of the doubt from the cops. A wealthy homeowner in an exclusive beach community. They saw enough to arrest him even when the protocol would likely say not to.

See this for what it is. The same coach who 7 months ago threw his QB under the bus as an Offensive Coordinator made a really bad decision, no matter what the "true" strory, with a bunch of make teenagers. He had other logical choices -- like calling the cops himself but he chose to verbally confront the 16 year olds and likely did get physical. Take the Bills colored glasses off and face what is likely someone affiliated with the Bills breaking the law, acting like an ass and establishing what is now a pattern of behavior where he shows his ass. Not someone I want affiliated with the Bills.

Sometimes Building a Bully involves delivering a knuckle sandwich to your loudmouth 16 year old neighbor who keeps your family up all night. No biggie.

(all details made up by DrD)

Exactly. Kid up at 1:30 mouths off learns life lesson than cries to mommy. (details also made up by BuffaloMatt)

A lot of folks are painting a situation where he is innocent..or waiting for his side of the story.

Kromer either lawyered up or told his side of the story to the arresting officer. The arresting officer decided to arrest a 48 year old white professional. This isn't fricking Rodney King. Kromer would get every benefit of the doubt from the cops. A wealthy homeowner in an exclusive beach community. They saw enough to arrest him even when the protocol would likely say not to.

See this for what it is. The same coach who 7 months ago threw his QB under the bus as an Offensive Coordinator made a really bad decision, no matter what the "true" strory, with a bunch of make teenagers. He had other logical choices -- like calling the cops himself but he chose to verbally confront the 16 year olds and likely did get physical. Take the Bills colored glasses off and face what is likely someone affiliated with the Bills breaking the law, acting like an ass and establishing what is now a pattern of behavior where he shows his ass. Not someone I want affiliated with the Bills.

The guy was arrested -- not convicted.

I just think it is fair to hear what he has to say -- much the same way I would if you were arrested based on the allegations of someone who had stolen your property (or did not steal your property).

The guy was arrested -- not convicted.

I just think it is fair to hear what he has to say -- much the same way I would if you were arrested based on the allegations of someone who had stolen your property (or did not steal your property).

The guy entered into some kind of confrontation with 16 year olds over beach chairs...get real...that's enough for me as his employer to take action. This isn't just about the law, its about his judgement and representing the Bills as a high profile employee. I could give a **** about the law at this point. The guy's an idiot.

Edited by JoeF

Meh, not really. Not when it's obvious this guy did the wrong thing. Look at the guy ... angry jock type who's a coach in the NFL. He's an angry SOB and has issues. Who would punch a minor? In front of their own son? This guy has issues ... so obvious. The police arrested him. They ask questions and then act appropriately. Of course he's guilty.

LOL....that is all I can say to this

Pray to hell u dont ever get in a position similar to this and do anything remotely wrong......

The consistently bad judgment this guy displays just amazes me. Regardless of the facts. Don't be in this situation.

I'll ask again... 2 incidents in 15 years in the league is consistently bad judgement? Or are you talking about more?

The guy entered into some kind of confrontation with 16 year olds over beach chairs...get real...that's enough for me as his employer to take action.

. . . and you know what actually happened to take such decisive action?!?

He may be "guilty" of everything he is accused of . . . but I am not ready to summarily convict the guy less than 24 hours after his arrest without hearing one word from him.

A lot of folks are painting a situation where they refuse to act omniscient like you're doing.

The guy entered into some kind of confrontation with 16 year olds over beach chairs...get real...that's enough for me as his employer to take action. This isn't just about the law, its about his judgement and representing the Bills as a high profile employee. I could give a **** about the law at this point. The guy's an idiot.

Good thing your not his employer

. . . and you know what actually happened to take such decisive action?!?

He may be "guilty" of everything he is accused of . . . but I am not ready to summarily convict the guy less than 24 hours after his arrest without hearing one word from him.

You are blind on this one Peter--the arrest report says this...in this neighborhood parents and kids filing a false arrest report is highly, highly unlikely. I will be the first to admit I am wrong here--but Kromer's pattern of behavior is that of an ass -- he's already had to admit to one err in judgement recently so the pattern is there to make this situation. At least this time he was out front in his confrontation instead of calling the NFLcom reporter behind Culter's back.

Good thing your not his employer

He'd be gone already....and he may be gone already...

Edited by JoeF

You are blind on this one Peter--the arrest report says this...in this neighborhood parents and kids filing a false arrest report is highly, highly unlikely. I will be the first to admit I am wrong here--but Kromer's patter of behavior is that of an ass -- he's already had to admit to one err in judgement recently so the pattern is there to make this situation. At least this time he was out front in his confrontation instead of calling the NFLcom reporter behind Culter's back.

2 incidents in 15 years

Where is my pitchfork?

2 incidents in 15 years

Where is my pitchfork?

Come on John....you are the first to talk about being a man's man and owning up to stuff Going behind his QB's back to a reporter to diss him...that doesn't piss you off. In my mind his rope is shorter than Icognito's...don't violate your principles to defend your position.

You are blind on this one Peter--the arrest report says this...in this neighborhood parents and kids filing a false arrest report is highly, highly unlikely. I will be the first to admit I am wrong here--but Kromer's pattern of behavior is that of an ass -- he's already had to admit to one err in judgement recently so the pattern is there to make this situation. At least this time he was out front in his confrontation instead of calling the NFLcom reporter behind Culter's back.

But your not.......and thank christ your not since u dont have a clue of what really happened without hearing both sides......

If firing is warranted...its warranted.....but there is such a thing as due process.....

so really. no one here knows what happened in fact. but conclusions have been reached and strong opinion formed?

YAY!

Go Bills!

a fine gentlemen has asked who would step up if this incident gets twisted, which it could.

I also would remind folks that Roman will not be here very long.

I sure hope that there is always always a developmental program to retain continuity in the coaching. Its just better for the league to always develop coaches. Its a finite world. Bills would be wise to think two steps ahead

Come on John....you are the first to talk about being a man's man and owning up to stuff Going behind his QB's back to a reporter to diss him...that doesn't piss you off. In my mind his rope is shorter than Icognito's...don't violate your principles to defend your position.

The only position I am defending is that I dont have all the facts yet.

Let it play out

The only position I am defending is that I dont have all the facts yet.

Let it play out

Do you and Peter agree that if he punched a sixteen year old over a beach chair -- without any threat of physical harm to he and his son--he should be fired?

Nope.....because I dont know that is what actually happened.....

And by what has been given so far.......NEITHER DO YOU

I have the only item that has been officially filed with a law enforcement agency...that's enough for a lot of employers for a guy with a pattern. I am not going to force anyone to type anymore -- I am done with this. I just hope Rex and the Pegula's take swift action if when they are satisfied they have the facts which I strongly believe are not going to paint Kromer in a positive light.

I have the only item that has been officially filed with a law enforcement agency...that's enough for a lot of employers for a guy with a pattern. I am not going to force anyone to type anymore -- I am done with this. I just hope Rex and the Pegula's take swift action if when they are satisfied they have the facts which I strongly believe are not going to paint Kromer in a positive light.

"A pattern"? :rolleyes:

You mean the NFL doesn't wait for both sides of the story before taking an action...where's my !@#$ing copy of the constitution...

No, they don't. Goodell reacts in a half-assed, precipitous manner before he gets all the facts. See "Rice, Ray."

"A pattern"? :rolleyes:

Yes a pattern....http://www.dailynews724.com/sports/aaron-kromer-makes-emotional-apology-to-offense-for-remarks-on-jay-cutler-h335057.html

He got caught in a lie..and then was publicly embarassed 7 months ago...

No, they don't. Goodell reacts in a half-assed, precipitous manner before he gets all the facts. See "Rice, Ray."

And in Rice's case the initial response ended up being too soft...the league and the Bills won't and shouldn't make that mistake again.

You may "strongly believe" this, but most reasonable people will wait until it is investigated and all the facts are known. No one is syaing he's innocent, just that it's too soon to say what should come next - other than obtaining facts. No reason to rush to a lynching. He will get what he deserves in the end, but not before then.