Bills' Camp @ SJF: Week 1 Day 6 - Begins on Page 64

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard from sources, those same within the franchise that gave me the EJ lead and moving up for Sammy - the team is quietly trying to see what, if any interest exists for EJ - if the season started tomorrow, it's Tyrod, Cassel and SIMMs right now... Granted, it's August 2nd, but perception is reality, EJ isn't making the grade. They love the intangibles, but he is not consistent enough to be considered an NFL starter.

This honestly does not suprise me at ll

Feel bad for EJ and I still think if he was handled differently at the outset he would be a different QB.....however because of the physical talents he might be the only QB on the roster that actually has trade value.

I've heard from sources, those same within the franchise that gave me the EJ lead and moving up for Sammy - the team is quietly trying to see what, if any interest exists for EJ - if the season started tomorrow, it's Tyrod, Cassel and SIMMs right now... Granted, it's August 2nd, but perception is reality, EJ isn't making the grade. They love the intangibles, but he is not consistent enough to be considered an NFL starter.

I'm going to take that with the same grain of salt I have with the last couple of Leroi's predictions. And from what I've heard from the Joe B and Astro reports, EJ hasn't looked all that bad. That said, it's not out of the question. Taylor, if he can do 70% of what Kaep did could be in that 13-20th best QB range and they have him cheap for 2 years, which would give them time to draft a QB in round 1 or 2 next year and give that guy a year to ride the pine.

I'll be keeping an eye out.

I'm going to take that with the same grain of salt I have with the last couple of Leroi's predictions. And from what I've heard from the Joe B and Astro reports, EJ hasn't looked all that bad. That said, it's not out of the question. Taylor, if he can do 70% of what Kaep did could be in that 13-20th best QB range and they have him cheap for 2 years, which would give them time to draft a QB in round 1 or 2 next year and give that guy a year to ride the pine.

I'll be keeping an eye out.

I would take it seriously. There are people on here that get a lot more inside info than the reporters. It may not come to fruition but it is in line with what I heard at the end of last season. I just hadn't heard anything recently so I dismissed it as something that didn't happen.

I would take it seriously. There are people on here that get a lot more inside info than the reporters. It may not come to fruition but it is in line with what I heard at the end of last season. I just hadn't heard anything recently so I dismissed it as something that didn't happen.

I do take it seriously. I said it seems plausible. Rex owes nothing to EJ, and neither does Roman and if EJ isn't showing the jump in pads and Tyrod is Tyrod is cheaper and doesn't have the stigma of an ex-HC's project. I like EJ's upside better, but if the point is to win now within the next year or two (while a potentially all time great D is at Rex's fingertips) I can see the possibility of them moving on.

My problem is with the idea that Tyrod being clearly better. Again, we'll see. Perhaps, while not great, he's consistent enough and is enough of a running threat to limp through this year. Perhaps EJ puts it together. We'll see.

The difference between Kipers Hair and Leroi is Kiper doesnt come on and drop info like that.....then start posting like a lunatic.....

I actually take Kipers Hairs stuff like this seriously

Do people really believe that there is some "anti-EJ" agenda? If so, why do you believe that? I'm just trying to figure out why we try so hard here to justify every mistake that he makes? Or any Bills player for that matter, there is going to be some good and some bad. That is football. For some reason though, we feel the need to make excuses for the bad. If you make more good than bad you will have success. It doesn't sound like the offense is doing that at the moment.

I believe that those who put so much faith in the opinion of 1 or 2 draft guys, that they don't do any thinking on their own, made a choice that EJ was bad. Ever since, they've been supporting that choice no matter what happens. It's a type of bias.

Now, nothing says that in the end, EJ doesn't make it. Nothing. And, these choice-supporters will be "right". But, not because they personally knew anything then, or know anything now. And, the nuances(coaching, playing vs. sitting, etc.) are all ignored. They are "right", which is the equivalent of winning a coin flip, and then attempting to conflate and extend that win into all sorts of things, beyond what it is == nonsense.

EDIT: And, as far as all the rest, twitter and such? Astrobot's earned my respect via his work, not talk. Planting his ass every day at camp, proving he knows football, being able to show cause and effect in his posts? Objectivey, I've seen him quantifiably bat ~.850...for years.

== I put his posts above all others on this subject.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

The difference between Kipers Hair and Leroi is Kiper doesnt come on and drop info like that.....then start posting like a lunatic.....

I actually take Kipers Hairs stuff like this seriously

Fair enough. That is a fair distinction.

It's scary to think that 7 years of casual posting, and I'm still a newbie and I can't pick out the hot scoop. :oops:

I'm far from a QB expert, but I was at camp today and thought the QB play was, to put it politely, "dispiriting". Manuel in particular looked pretty rough today, from fumbling a shotgun snap to overthrowing or throwing behind his receivers. Taylor and Cassell were a little better (at least today). Then again, I was not paying 100% attention, as I'm in the area on a visit after having grown up in the next town over, so was chatting with friends while watching.

Keep an eye on the Steelers re: EJ. They appear to be in desperate need of a backup QB. I don't know if it's to be a 3rd QB or they don't like Gradkowski but they keep talking about wanting to sign Vick. Whaley's ties to the Steelers could result in a late draft pick. I assume they would rather have a young developmental guy somewhere. EJ's ceiling is higher than Landry jones and Tajh Boyd. Jmo.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm far from a QB expert, but I was at camp today and thought the QB play was, to put it politely, "dispiriting". Manuel in particular looked pretty rough today, from fumbling a shotgun snap to overthrowing or throwing behind his receivers. Taylor and Cassell were a little better (at least today). Then again, I was not paying 100% attention, as I'm in the area on a visit after having grown up in the next town over, so was chatting with friends while watching.

but didn't he throw a TD to Gragg?

Just kidding. Thanks for the perspective.

Camp Highlight: Manuel Touchdown Pass to Gragg (0:26)

Watch as EJ Manuel hooks up with tight end Chris Gragg for a long touchdown.

@ChrisBrownBills

Top 3 things you need to know from Day 3 of #Bills Camp - http://ow.ly/Qonzy

@SalSports

. @TBNSports Bills beat writer @TyDunne joins me next on WGR to recap days 1-3 of practice.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

We dump EJ for a 6th or 7th at best, btw great first round pick Doug, (note Geno has not thrown an INT in all of training camp).

Cassel flat out stinks so we cut him before the season starts.

We go with Tyrod and Simms as our two QBs to start the season.

The winner of our QB competition is NE, NYJ and MIA.

I think I am going to throw up.

There was a lot of talk about his play (specifically Buscaglia as Way e mentined). If we read "EJ badly overthrows Hogan" it isn't some conspiracy or Hogan ran the wrong route. EJ made a bad throw.

If it feels like he has been singled out its probably because he has been the worst of the group )not an anti-EJ agenda). He has only played with the 1's once so far which tells me that is how the coaches feel as well.

Kirby. He is singled out because EVERYONE knows all eyes are on EJ the media knows what people want to know about. NO ONE CARES ABOUT MATT or TT. Or so it go in comparison to EJ he was our first rd pick. He was the guy in the dog house. He is our golden boy right now good or bad. Because we hear so much about him has nothing to do with him being the worst of the bunch. Hell every page on this website ends up with some sort of reference to EJ. He is what people want to talk about... plain and simple

We dump EJ for a 6th or 7th at best, btw great first round pick Doug, (note Geno has not thrown an INT in all of training camp).

Cassel flat out stinks so we cut him before the season starts.

We go with Tyrod and Simms as our two QBs to start the season.

The winner of our QB competition is NE, NYJ and MIA.

I think I am going to throw up.

you're trying to imply that Geno is better than EJ?

Kirby. He is singled out because EVERYONE knows all eyes are on EJ the media knows what people want to know about. NO ONE CARES ABOUT MATT or TT. Or so it go in comparison to EJ he was our first rd pick. He was the guy in the dog house. He is our golden boy right now good or bad. Because we hear so much about him has nothing to do with him being the worst of the bunch. Hell every page on this website ends up with some sort of reference to EJ. He is what people want to talk about... plain and simple

I think that is fair. He certainly is the most talked about. I guess that my point is I don't think that the media are out to get him. They are reporting what they are seeing.