More Good PR For Florida State QB's

LB3

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And like clockwork, we need to introduce the race angle.....I guess there was a real risk of this story not gaining any steam on a national level. :rolleyes:

@365Rundown: Witnesses Claim The Woman De'Andre Johnson Punched Called Him A 'F*cking N*gger'

http://t.co/OS2DspDLJ8http://t.co/UAY6vPLPpk

Are these the same witnesses that saw Michael Brown saying 'Hands up, don't shoot'?

And like clockwork, we need to introduce the race angle.....I guess there was a real risk of this story not gaining any steam on a national level. :rolleyes:

Are these the same witnesses that saw Michael Brown saying 'Hands up, don't shoot'?

Or maybe she actually did.

It's funny how the people who hate race being such topic are the main ones who try to link everything. What the hell does the Michael Brown case have to do with this?

Still no excuse to hit a woman. But man, she is hardly a sympathetic character if this is true.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

@365Rundown: Witnesses Claim The Woman De'Andre Johnson Punched Called Him A 'F*cking N*gger'

I am not saying that YOU are saying this Yolo but

That justifies punching her in the face?

A horrible thing to say.....and the girl might be soused out of her mind when this happened......and maybe she SHOULD be brought up on charges by the ex Florida Qb.

but

This is the problem I have with student athletes and I dont care if it is male or female.....you are in a privilaged position to be getting a first rate education because you are athletic and are good at a sport....when you walk around you are representing your school whether you like it or not....frankly you are a embassidor of your team. You have to walk away from a situation like this......that girl was NO THREAT to you and was lucky she wasnt hitting herself in the face she looked so drunk.

You have to walk away.....he didnt and he is suffering the results of it.

I don't get this tweet from Skurski at all. Darby said it was never ok to hit a female. Said her actions should also be dealt with though. What's he saying he did wrong?

@JaySkurski: The #Bills must be longing for the good old days, when Ronald Darby was only accused of watching his roommate have sex (or rape) a woman.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Still shouldn't have hit her, but she certainly seems like much less of a victim if true. She certainly turned around and screamed something at him.

I know this isn't a funny situation, but reading this made me think of a joke I've heard in a movie.

What do you tell a woman with two black eyes?

@realronalddarby: What I want to know is whats happening to the girl that clearly hit De'andre first? It's never right to hit a girl at all

@realronalddarby: But they have to get some kind of consequence as well . Yall can't keep letting females provoke guys in all ways then walk free. Like ?

ohno.gif.gif

Johnson made physical contact first by needlessly pushing her into the bar table. He then grabbed her wrist violently and held her against her will. I don't see her "cocking her hand to hit him" - I see her pointing to the bartender behind her. And even if she was threatening to throw a punch - Johnson has a foot and 100 pounds on her. Self defense? At some point common sense should come into play here.

That is what I see as well. But then I'm sanctimonious because I don't condone physical violence so....

I don't get this tweet from Skurski at all. Darby said it was never ok to hit a female. Said her actions should also be dealt with though. What's he saying he did wrong?

@JaySkurski: The #Bills must be longing for the good old days, when Ronald Darby was only accused of watching his roommate have sex (or rape) a woman.

Skurski is being 10x the irresponsible dick he's accusing Darby of.

The Buffalo sports media sucks.

I am not saying that YOU are saying this Yolo but

That justifies punching her in the face?

A horrible thing to say.....and the girl might be soused out of her mind when this happened......and maybe she SHOULD be brought up on charges by the ex Florida Qb.

but

This is the problem I have with student athletes and I dont care if it is male or female.....you are in a privilaged position to be getting a first rate education because you are athletic and are good at a sport....when you walk around you are representing your school whether you like it or not....frankly you are a embassidor of your team. You have to walk away from a situation like this......that girl was NO THREAT to you and was lucky she wasnt hitting herself in the face she looked so drunk.

i didn't read the whole thing but did he say it justified anything or was he just providing more details... I thought it was the latter. The whole thing was bad news, neither party is in the right. I do think it seems there is a culture at FSU that protects the athletes. They seem to think they are above the law.

Skurski is being 10x the irresponsible dick he's accusing Darby of.

yeah, unless I'm missing something he should delete that tweet

i didn't read the whole thing but did he say it justified anything or was he just providing more details... I thought it was the latter. The whole thing was bad news, neither party is in the right. I do think it seems there is a culture at FSU that protects the athletes. They seem to think they are above the law.

yeah, unless I'm missing something he should delete that tweet

Or things like this could happen at most schools, but FSU is under higher scrutiny.

Well said, John.

The other thing that I think when i see this stuff is the family of the football player......

I dont know the answer to this....but is this one of those kids that the family sacrificed a ton so that their son would have the opportunity to get a first rate education (and possibly play in the NFL) only to have something like this happen and have all if THEIR hard work go down the drain?

These kids do not do this on their own.....they have help along the way from family and friends to get them there.

There are a lot of kids that would love to be in his position.......who never got the chance for one reason or another........that scholarship he got was just wasted on a kid that WOULD have walked away.

What a waste.

The other thing that I think when i see this stuff is the family of the football player......

I dont know the answer to this....but is this one of those kids that the family sacrificed a ton so that their son would have the opportunity to get a first rate education (and possibly play in the NFL) only to have something like this happen and have all if THEIR hard work go down the drain?

These kids do not do this on their own.....they have help along the way from family and friends to get them there.

There are a lot of kids that would love to be in his position.......who never got the chance for one reason or another........that scholarship he got was just wasted on a kid that WOULD have walked away.

What a waste.

Look at the bright side -- one more potentially good kid will get a chance now.

This is playing right into Everett Golson's hands. I was thinking to myself "wtf?" when he transferred there from ND. Now he's probably going to end up running that offense or at least get his shot in a couple of games imo.

This is playing right into Everett Golson's hands. I was thinking to myself "wtf?" when he transferred there from ND. Now he's probably going to end up running that offense or at least get his shot in a couple of games imo.

Golson is a senior; he's going to be the starter anyway. This thug is a freshman so I don't think this event has much impact on the 2015 season.

Golson is a senior; he's going to be the starter anyway. This thug is a freshman so I don't think this event has much impact on the 2015 season.

I was just talking about the overall competition he was facing in general at the QB spot there and now it is thinning out by incidents as such. Stranger things have happened than a Senior transfer to not end up being the starter on a team.

I was just talking about the overall competition he was facing in general at the QB spot there and now it is thinning out by incidents as such. Stranger things have happened than a Senior transfer to not end up being the starter on a team.

i am not well informed of the QB situation there so anyone who is can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming it can't be too stacked if they needed Golson and he's already considered the starter without a competition. So if he gets injured, or they are blowing out some inferior team and they sit the starters, I would think this kid would have had a chance to play unless Jimbo was intent to RS him no matter what.

Golson became the starter the second the transfer was official. This kid deandre while talented is just a freshman

Golson became the starter the second the transfer was official. This kid deandre while talented is just a freshman

For the life of me

I can not remember

What made us think that we were wise and we'd never compromise

For the life of me

I can not believe we'd ever die

For these sins

We were merely freshmen

We were merely freshmen

We were only freshmen

Don't know if people watched the same video that I saw, but to me it was clear that she was the instigator. He was trying to get to the bar through a crowd, she didn't appreciate him trying to squeeze through. She then takes another step to the left ensuring more intentional contact with him, cocks her hand (she was certainly not pointing to the bartender, because there was no bartender at that spot), after he grabs her wrist she tries to kick him and then throws a punch. Her entire demeanor and body actions were confrontational.

Should he have exercised more self-control? Absolutely. No reason to throw a punch. But let's not pretend that he wasn't provoked not just by some sassy language.

Yes, there's another upperclassman who was going to start and is now the backup.

So they only have two total QBs now? No RS guys? That's nuts.

Edit: I checked the roster and they have 5 other QBs plus Golson who isn't listed on their roster for some reason. That makes more sense.

Edited by YoloinOhio

For the life of me

I can not remember

What made us think that we were wise and we'd never compromise

For the life of me

I can not believe we'd ever die

For these sins

We were merely freshmen

We were merely freshmen

We were only freshmen

Wow. Trotting out the Verve Pipe. I haven't from them since (or before for that matter) that song came out.

Both were in the wrong. She threw a punch. Because a female threw the punch doesn't exempt her from consequences. At the same time, one would hope he could walk away, get a bouncer to handle her, etc. in either instance it would take maturity. He's what? 18? And drinking. Alcohol and its effects play a large part in this as well. The manager of the bar needs to explain why underaged people are in the bar in the first place.

Yes, he's wrong. I have no problem w/ him getting consequences. However, we don't need to present her as blameless. She is also wrong for swinging on him. Everybody should keep their hands down. A punch, slap, kick will usually lead to one in return. Not every guy has the maturity, foresight or worse, the desire to walk away. A woman should never think she can be physical in anger w/a guy because he's not supposed to react.

The racial potential? Who knows what's real at this point, but I can tell those who ask "because she called him a name it justifies..?" My friend, It's beyond being called a name. From multiple personal experiences, when someone calls you a !@#$ the anger goes from 1 to 1 million immediately. It's like someone coughed up every bit of sickness in their lungs and spit in your face. And one's reaction to it isn't always the most well considered in the moment.

Darby not helping his case to represent the Bills with class and dignity.

http://www.wgrz.com/story/news/2015/07/07/bills-cornerback-under-fire-for-response-to-fsu-assault/29821723/

Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with what he said. The girl swung first. He isn't saying nothing should happen to DeAndre, just that they are both at fault

Darby not helping his case to represent the Bills with class and dignity.

http://www.wgrz.com/story/news/2015/07/07/bills-cornerback-under-fire-for-response-to-fsu-assault/29821723/

i don't think he said anything wrong. Always best to not say anything but his opinion is valid that both parties were wrong in how they handled the situation and both should face consequences.

i don't think he said anything wrong. Always best to not say anything but his opinion is valid that both parties were wrong in how they handled the situation and both should face consequences.

Is this the kind of society we are promoting? Don't say anything, even though you're providing a perfectly sound opinion?