More Good PR For Florida State QB's

LB3

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't think he said anything wrong. Always best to not say anything but his opinion is valid that both parties were wrong in how they handled the situation and both should face consequences.

The problem was when he said: "But they have to get some sort of consequence as well. Y'all can't keep letting females provoke guys in all ways then walk free."

It implies that he thinks that it is okay to punch a woman in the face if she provokes you. It's not, it never is. The response is to walk away.

The problem was when he said: "But they have to get some sort of consequence as well. Y'all can't keep letting females provoke guys in all ways then walk free."

It implies that he thinks that it is okay to punch a woman in the face if she provokes you. It's not, it never is. The response is to walk away.

That is not true, Chevy. He said its never okay. Flat out. The sentence you quoted means they need to get a consequence in addition, if the guy did something wrong. But they don't. Only the guy does.

You're leaving out the part that he literally tweeted right before that where he said you should never hit a woman. How can he imply that it's okay while saying that it's never okay?

i didn't see that implied at all.

No, it implies that it is not okay for a woman to provoke a man without any consequences. Which in the broader scope is a PSA: Don't assume there aren't consequences to provoking people.

No that's not what he's saying at all. He's saying women shouldn't get free reign to punch men and have no consequences. its assault.

That is not true, Chevy. He said its never okay. Flat out. The sentence you quoted means they need to get a consequence in addition, if the guy did something wrong. But they don't. Only the guy does.

Fair enough, Kelly. I'm not trying to roast the guy or anything, I just think he needs to tread carefully. The girl was probably drunk and swung feebly at the QB, but (in my younger days) I had my share of drunk women - some that professed to love me - who got in my face or pushed on me. I never had a problem walking away and diffusing the situation.

Fair enough, Kelly. I'm not trying to roast the guy or anything, I just think he needs to tread carefully. The girl was probably drunk and swung feebly at the QB, but (in my younger days) I had my share of drunk women - some that professed to love me - who got in my face or pushed on me. I never had a problem walking away and diffusing the situation.

Totally agree. There is no excuse and no reason to punch a girl. Most people don't believe this and that's okay but there are a lot of good reasons to not even hit a guy that punched you.

Totally agree. There is no excuse and no reason to punch a girl. Most people don't believe this and that's okay but there are a lot of good reasons to not even hit a guy that punched you.

In reality, this type of an altercation has probably happened to nearly every NFL & college player. The difference is that in all other cases, the player walked away without throwing a punch. But that doesn't excuse her behavior, and does not invalidate anything that Darby tweeted. Sad for Skurski & WGRZ to railroad the kid for expressing a correct opinion. They should try it.

In reality, this type of an altercation has probably happened to nearly every NFL & college player. The difference is that in all other cases, the player walked away without throwing a punch. But that doesn't excuse her behavior, and does not invalidate anything that Darby tweeted. Sad for Skurski & WGRZ to railroad the kid for expressing a correct opinion. They should try it.

Agree on all accounts. Maybe not all players but a good chunk of them.

I pretty much agree with this, but with a caveat. I think it's something a man should aspire to and is ideal, but there are situations where even if I think I wouldn't do it, I don't feel it's right for me to impose that expectation on another man. Especially if he was provoked and the force he uses is proportional. At some point he's only human.

There are other situations where all bets are off. For example, if a strange woman slapped my daughter I'd have no qualms about punching her straight in the face with a closed fist as if she were a man. No qualms whatsoever. I've never heard anyone so much as offer a reason (other than consequences, but I'm talking morality) as to why you shouldn't.

She was defending herself after he grabbed her wrist and wouldn't let go.

absolutely. He clearly started the whole thing by grabbing her (and pushing her against the bar before that).

The whole thing is trashy - the bar and the people involved (and wtf is up with that bartender with the overalls and no t-shirt, btw?). But that guy looks like yet another dumb aggro jock with a sense of entitlement characteristic of an FSU football player.

Edited by dave mcbride

Don't know if people watched the same video that I saw, but to me it was clear that she was the instigator. He was trying to get to the bar through a crowd, she didn't appreciate him trying to squeeze through. She then takes another step to the left ensuring more intentional contact with him, cocks her hand (she was certainly not pointing to the bartender, because there was no bartender at that spot), after he grabs her wrist she tries to kick him and then throws a punch. Her entire demeanor and body actions were confrontational.

Should he have exercised more self-control? Absolutely. No reason to throw a punch. But let's not pretend that he wasn't provoked not just by some sassy language.

From what I can see, her step to the left was nothing more than an intentional step to the left looking for space. That step was being blocked by the QB's

right arm where he was grabbing the bar.

As for the cocking her right arm, take a closer look at the fist. The thumb is sticking out, like she's trying to point behind her.

Compare that with her left arm when she throws the punch, the thumb is down.

Domestic violence is never the answer and I don't think it's ok to hit a women, meanwhile Hope Solo is a hero with the American flag drapped around her neck despite her domestic violence issues. What I'm saying is there is a double standard in this country. I know it I've seen it. Lived it.

Edited by seq004

Domestic violence is never the answer and I don't think it's ok to hit a women, meanwhile Hope Solo is a hero with the American flag drapped around her neck despite her domestic violence issues. What I'm saying is there is a double standard in this country. I know it I've seen it. Lived it.

The guy 5' 9" 150 pound Hans Solo is accused of domestic violence against is 6' 8" 280. Just sayin.'

And she was arrested and jailed for it.

From what I can see, her step to the left was nothing more than an intentional step to the left looking for space. That step was being blocked by the QB's

right arm where he was grabbing the bar.

As for the cocking her right arm, take a closer look at the fist. The thumb is sticking out, like she's trying to point behind her.

Compare that with her left arm when she throws the punch, the thumb is down.

I want to be clear, I'm not making excuses for him as nobody is in the right here, but you can see her thumb because you have the benefit of a high angle caught by a camera. From his angle, and assuming he had also been drinking, it could easily have been perceived as a fist ready to be thrown.

The guy 5' 9" 150 pound Hans Solo is accused of domestic violence against is 6' 8" 280. Just sayin.'

And she was arrested and jailed for it.

Are you referring to Jerammy Stevens or is her nephew a giant as well?