Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

You can talk among yourselves to assure each other that the Sabres (and their fans) acted honorably. I'm sure if you keep the blinders on, everything will feel better. The fact is, they didn't. And they definitely aren't more honorable than the Patriots (who at least try to win...and do).

I know I am feeding you. BUT, point to where the Sabres did not try and win ON the ice. GMTM, totally gutted the team... Yes, there he tried to lose OFF the ice... And it worked. Again, point to where they threw a game on the ice.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems like a good place to remind everyone to please not feed the trolls. Research indicates that unfed trolls quickly lose interest and are rarely seen again, but, well fed trolls will continue to post their idiocy again and again in hope of more feedings. Reinforcing this behavior does no one any good, especially the troll who is "rewarded" for bad behavior.

Recuerde que debe mantener los brazos y las piernas dentro del paseo en todo momento.

point taken. I just saw similar comments as HOF from my great-aunt on Facebook. Up until last week she thought McEichel was one person. The end. Edited by YoloinOhio

If I am not mistaken and my #'s off... BFLO was 1-1-2 against BOS this year.

Only one game ended in Regulation and that was early in the season on October 18th, 4-Nil loss.

The rest of the games went to OT including the St. Patrick's Day game where BFLO won, albeit, late in the season when The Tank was on the line.

Where did they cheat on the ice... Not against The Big Bad Bruins! The little, completely gutted Sabres brought it!

1-1-2... Sure looks like an ON ICE tank to me... NOT!

point taken. I just saw similar comments as HOF from my great-aunt on Facebook. Up until last week she thought McEichel was one person. The end.

So did he. About 20 pages ago.

A troll posts things he doesn't believe to be true.

So, you're saying that you really are just this stupid

he was referring to how the NHL lottery is set up and announced. Did you hear the whole dialogue or just see that one quote? Come on.

He said he knew the odds and expected to get the second pick, but that many fans were very invested in the process and really hoping to get the first pick. This is why WGR kept doing the draft drill every day, because fans don't always get how small of a chance it is to get the first pick with the way the lottery is. He was disappointed for the fans who were invested to get the first... Not disappointed that the Sabres have the second.

Again, you say you "know the situation" but frankly your posts continue to reflect the opposite.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/172428-eichel-is-ours/?p=3533101

Hey... If you can't beat them, join them... Nice guys finish last. Looks don't matter anymore, we went down that route and came out 3-20 something against the Cheatriots.

When in Rome, do as the Romans...

The Tank wasn't about winning The Lottery and it's odds... It was making sure we got one of those two.

they did indeed win the tank. I have explained this to you - scratch that, everyone has explained this to you - and you continue to ignore it to beat the drum of your own "anti-tank" agenda. It's fine to be anti-tank, it's not my personal stance, but I get it. At least be informed about the other side though, or you just cannot be taken seriously.

the more you talk, the less you make sense. The Tank was not for McDavid. Most fans wanted him. The Sabres wanted him. But the Tank was not for him, it was for Eichel, with a small chance for mcDavid and any informed person knows that. You can send me all the links you want about people wanting McDavid. That's irrelevant. There was no way to tank for him with the way the NHL lottery is set up . Everyone who knows anything about the NHL knows this. It was for one of the two. If there are fans who think it didn't work, they started paying attention too little and too late. I think you are one of them.

I know I am feeding you. BUT, point to where the Sabres did not try and win ON the ice. GMTM, totally gutted the team... Yes, there he tried to lose OFF the ice... And it worked. Again, point to where they threw a game on the ice.

His point is that the Sabres cheating by tanking. But still came up 2nd.

Even if that were a point (it's not, it makes no sense), it's still not his point.

His point is more along the lines that the Sabres' tanking justifies the Patriots' cheating. Because trading players for picks is the same as stealing signals, performing illegal substitutions, and modifying equipment.

Who is in that video? McDavid or Eichel? I can't get it to load (for some reason) on my mobile device (wallbash)...

Eichel. Impressive puck handling. He also has good speed, good vision, and a lightning shot.

Eichel. Impressive puck handling. He also has good speed, good vision, and a lightning shot.

Thanx... I was reading that he is a better two-way player than McDavid.

Sounds like there are two gr8 players out there... Glad one is going West and other East... Only fitting too, both are staying in their home country, in true hockey towns!!! Better than having him go south or something and validate ElfMan's (Bettman) agenda.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I'm not sure why that needs to be explained, but when you have your head in the sand, it's hard to see clearly.

But another point that really bothers me,and separates it from the Pats (or other teams cheating/bending the rules) is that, not only did the team act deplorably, THE FANS WERE COMPLICIT!

Yep.

The fan's can't be complicit because they have little to do with the success of the team. And of course they wanted the Sabres to end up with a high pick in order to get a chance at one of two excellent prospects. McDavid is considered the better, but time will tell who ends up better.

Even if that were a point (it's not, it makes no sense), it's still not his point.

His point is more along the lines that the Sabres' tanking justifies the Patriots' cheating. Because trading players for picks is the same as stealing signals, performing illegal substitutions, and modifying equipment.

Yeah, the gist is that if you have a problem with the Pats' cheating, you can't justify the Sabres tanking. But he's chortling over the Sabres not getting the 1st overall pick.

golfed this afternoon with another die hard Buffalo fan... We both agree (rationalized) Eichel might be a better fit in Buffalo. Its like Kelly, he just fit in Buffalo. Jack going to be the same.

And please for the love of God can we all stop responding to Watkins....he will go way if we do.

The owner of the oilers is actively working tofinancially ruin mcdavid's friend/mentor/father figure sherry Bassin so he can take the otters, move them to hamilton, get the cops coliseum lease, and use that to leverage and screw the people of edmonton.

Mcdavids dad has also been working with Bassin as an unpaid consultant in the legal battle vs katz. I'm sure the mcdavids don't have a good opinion of katz or the oilers at all.

That's why mcdavid looked as unhappy as he did last night.

Wow that is ruthless, I hate rich entitled a$$holes.

I think Eberle is the guy they would be most likely to deal. 24 years old, RW, former 1st Rd pick. Has had 65 and 63 points the past two seasons. Would fit right in on Buffalo's 1st or 2nd lines.

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8474586

Offer Zadorov for him. Sabres are stacked with young defenseman the way the Oilers are stacked with forwards.

sounds good.

The one good thing about not knowing much about hockey is everything seems like a good idea to me :D.

It's obvious to even the most clueless among us that we lost the lottery.

But WON THE TANK!

McEichel was the prize all along, since before the Prospects Game last September. Any suggestion to the contrary is revisionist at best.

golfed this afternoon with another die hard Buffalo fan... We both agree (rationalized) Eichel might be a better fit in Buffalo. Its like Kelly, he just fit in Buffalo. Jack going to be the same.

And please for the love of God can we all stop responding to Watkins....he will go way if we do.

How'd you hit 'em?

Page 97 of this thread....enough said. Keep telling yourselves that things worked out, but McDavid is 2X the player that Eichel is. Time will tell.

Not according to any scout that's filed a report on both players. The consensus is a slight edge to McDavid; a 1a and 1b scenario. Now, there's a gulf between Eichel and the third rated player to be sure. But McDavid, at least according to scouts, is hardly "2X the player that Eichel is."

You're right about one thing, time will tell.

Not according to any scout that's filed a report on both players. The consensus is a slight edge to McDavid; a 1a and 1b scenario. Now, there's a gulf between Eichel and the third rated player to be sure. But McDavid, at least according to scouts, is hardly "2X the player that Eichel is."

You're right about one thing, time will tell.

Before the edit, he had it at 5X the player.