Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

Right, and I'm not suggesting he shouldn't be trying to "win" with the players out there. I take issue, like you, with his feigned "defiance" and bringing it up all the time. Just say, "we're trying to win with the players we have" and be done with it.

Rubes, while McDavid is the crown jewel, Jack Eichel in any other year would be considered a savior. That's why finishing 30th is a must. The 2nd pick is perfectly fine this year.

Okay, well that makes sense. I don't know much about Eichel other than he's an excellent prospect, I just thought he wasn't on the same level as McDavid. Perhaps not.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the way the lottery works it means we at least get the Jewish kid if we don't get McDavid.

i am worried that he seems to be a bit of a buzzer though and don't want to see a Johnny Football situation. Would rather win the lottery.

Are u sure he is even Jewish? My wife is half Jewish and she can't tell by just the name alone.

At this point I'd put money on the Sabres not getting the #1 pick regardless of what happens, but that's just the cynical **** side of me.

It's not about cynics, it's about math. Of course you should bet money we don't get the #1 pick - there's only a 20% we get it even if we finish last. It's been said over and over in this thread - there are 2 players in this draft that are considered to be generational talents.

Hearing the cheers for the coyotes goal by the fans seemed a bit much....I've been to a few games this year and when the other team scored I just quietly smiled....I Have been in full on tank since last year but the cheering seemed kind of low...but that's just me and all will be forgotten if we can lock up McEichel

And I was cursing gionta...but I will take the 6pt lead after tonight....hellz yeah

Just get this miserable season over with so I can start cheering on my team that I have missed for the past 2 years

Hearing the cheers for the coyotes goal by the fans seemed a bit much....I've been to a few games this year and when the other team scored I just quietly smiled....I Have been in full on tank since last year but the cheering seemed kind of low...but that's just me and all will be forgotten if we can lock up McEichel

And I was cursing gionta...but I will take the 6pt lead after tonight....hellz yeah

Just get this miserable season over with so I can start cheering on my team that I have missed for the past 2 years

saw some post game quotes from players and it sounds like they didn't appreciate the vocal pro-tank fans. This is just awkward. Can't wait for season to end so the franchise can move on with their fate. Glad they lost obviously but it's just weird for the players.

Okay, well that makes sense. I don't know much about Eichel other than he's an excellent prospect, I just thought he wasn't on the same level as McDavid. Perhaps not.

Do yourself a favor. Dig up some highlights. You'll enjoy it. He is the most hyped college freshman since Paul Kariya, will be only the second freshman to ever win the Hobey Baker award. He's the fourth youngest player in the entire ncaa (I believe that's the figure I read earlier today)and has put up more points in a single season than most do in any given year. The kid is an absolute stud and is probably the second most hyped prospect since Crosby. He just happens to be draft eligible the same year as the most hyped.

saw some post game quotes from players and it sounds like they didn't appreciate the vocal pro-tank fans. This is just awkward. Can't wait for season to end so the franchise can move on with their fate. Glad they lost obviously but it's just weird for the players.

I thought the fans were great tonight...at least what i could tell from the TV.

I was worried the whole game they would be cheering the Yotes ...and i did not hear that. I have been to a few games this year, and while rooting for the tank, i never cheered for the opposition, nor booed the Sabres when they scored.

I would have cheered the overtime winner..no shame in that.

I am way behind in game, just saw Gionta reaction post game...i dont agree with him

Edited by plenzmd1

Do yourself a favor. Dig up some highlights. You'll enjoy it. He is the most hyped college freshman since Paul Kariya, will be only the second freshman to ever win the Hobey Baker award. He's the fourth youngest player in the entire ncaa (I believe that's the figure I read earlier today)and has put up more points in a single season than most do in any given year. The kid is an absolute stud and is probably the second most hyped prospect since Crosby. He just happens to be draft eligible the same year as the most hyped.

Am I wrong, or does the McEichel thing kinda sound like the Kane-Toews pairing? Kane straight out of Jr's and Toews came out of college right? N. Dakota. Toews is the Captain! Kane was a year later. CHI landed both because they didn't come out together and of course no lottery. Toews was the third pick in 2006 (behind Johnson and Staal).

Qustion-if the Sabers get Eichel can he play on the big club right away or is he too young?

Am I wrong, or does the McEichel thing kinda sound like the Kane-Toews pairing? Kane straight out of Jr's and Toews came out of college right? N. Dakota. Toews is the Captain! Kane was a year later. CHI landed both because they didn't come out together and of course no lottery. Toews was the third pick in 2006 (behind Johnson and Staal).

You are wrong.

I thought the fans were great tonight...at least what i could tell from the TV.

I was worried the whole game they would be cheering the Yotes ...and i did not hear that. I have been to a few games this year, and while rooting for the tank, i never cheered for the opposition, nor booed the Sabres when they scored.

I would have cheered the overtime winner..no shame in that.

I am way behind in game, just saw Gionta reaction post game...i dont agree with him

Exactly. I couldn't have kept that in if I was at the game.

I don't think I would have actively cheered the rest of the game.

But, I have Mike Harrington more every day. Him, and others were badgering Nolan and every player about the fans - I thought Nolan handled it perfect, Gianta didn't give them much I don't think, and I guess Weber was POd. But, while I sympathize in a way - they're still rich pro athletes living the life, for the most part.

Weber also gave us the penalty we needed, so I'll take that tradeoff...................It seemed like Shane Doan was tanking with that pass right to Gianta.

Then can ether?

Yup

You're wrong because you keep thinking somehow McDavid and Eichel are going to end up on the same team. That train left long ago when the Islanders went from the bottom of the league to the top..........And, you're wrong because you said there was no lottery. There was - it's been around since the mid 90s

-

BTW, I have had enough of Gleason and Harrington and that crew at the Buffalo News. Yes, I am one of these idiots who pays for full access and knows full well you can go incognito and get same access. But I pay.

Will cancel today, Gleason has insulted me and my intelligence one to many times. Lord, why does this guy think he is the moral and intellectual superior of all his "idiot" readers. Same with Harrington and Vogl.

I know I am only $19 every two months, but so be it.

As an aside, so funny you can't cancel things online. This is 3rd online service in past two days I have tried to cancel can't cancel on line .

Edited by plenzmd1