Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, I have had enough of Gleason and Harrington and that crew at the Buffalo News. Yes, I am one of these idiots who pays for full access and knows full well you can go incognito and get same access. But I pay.

Will cancel today, Gleason has insulted me and my intelligence one to many times. Lord, why does this guy think he is the moral and intellectual superior of all his "idiot" readers. Same with Harrington and Vogl.

I know I am only $19 every two months, but so be it.

As an aside, so funny you can't cancel things online. This is 3rd online service in past two days I have tried to cancel can't cancel on line .

Just read Gleason's article.

When does it end? Do outfits such as the Sabres, Coyotes and Leafs shoot for the bottom and increase their drafts odds again next year if they’re in similar positions? If not, why not? If not them, why not another team?

Um, when we finally get the player we've been tanking for.

BTW, I have had enough of Gleason and Harrington and that crew at the Buffalo News. Yes, I am one of these idiots who pays for full access and knows full well you can go incognito and get same access. But I pay.

Will cancel today, Gleason has insulted me and my intelligence one to many times. Lord, why does this guy think he is the moral and intellectual superior of all his "idiot" readers. Same with Harrington and Vogl.

I know I am only $19 every two months, but so be it.

As an aside, so funny you can't cancel things online. This is 3rd online service in past two days I have tried to cancel can't cancel on line .

epic rant by Howard Simon this morning on Bucky Gleason. Ripped him a new one. I'm still laughing.

Here is a clip from his article:

I’ve been covering the NHL for nearly 25 years. Trust me, I get it.

Unfortunately, too many people fail to get IT. They don’t understand or choose to ignore the fundamental idea that competition calls for providing the maximum effort needed to win. It’s not selective. It’s not sometimes. It’s always. Anything less is unacceptable, unprofessional and unfathomable. If that needs further explanation, heaven help you.

Time for Bucky to get off his high horse, stop the preaching already! It's just getting old and it's every day. It's like this Buck...You don't write articles intending to come off like an idiot, you can't help it, you're just are an idiot. The Sabres players are not trying to lose and giving less effort, they can't help it, they just aren't a good team.

How this guy still has a job by continuing to insult the Buffalo population is incredible...And I left out the part where he called the "pro-tank" Sabres fans losers...

Um, when we finally get the player we've been tanking for.

For the Sabres, yes. And because other teams in all sports need that player to win them a championship, there will always be tanking. I don't see Indy fans embarrassed after tanking to get Luck and make the playoffs the last 2 seasons, there's no asterisk next to Pittsburgh's Stanley Cup....teams tank and will continue to tank when rebuilding...

Edited by ricojes

Am I wrong, or does the McEichel thing kinda sound like the Kane-Toews pairing? Kane straight out of Jr's and Toews came out of college right? N. Dakota. Toews is the Captain! Kane was a year later. CHI landed both because they didn't come out together and of course no lottery. Toews was the third pick in 2006 (behind Johnson and Staal).

If you are looking for a Sabres version of that combination it would have to be Reinhart and then whoever we draft this year.

Qustion-if the Sabers get Eichel can he play on the big club right away or is he too young?

If you're old enough to be drafted, you're old enough to play in the NHL. Right now there's a very small minority among BU fans that thing Eichel will return if they don't win the championship. He has said all the right things to plant that seed in people's minds, but they're delusional. He's very media savvy already, he knows the right things to say.

If you're old enough to be drafted, you're old enough to play in the NHL. Right now there's a very small minority among BU fans that thing Eichel will return if they don't win the championship. He has said all the right things to plant that seed in people's minds, but they're delusional. He's very media savvy already, he knows the right things to say.

Even if it were known that he was returning he could still be drafted and his rights held, correct?

Even if it were known that he was returning he could still be drafted and his rights held, correct?

I think , and i stress think only, he would need to saty in school two more years after his draft year and he becomes a free agent?

I will do some digging to find out

Edit...here are the rules

Signability: If a player is not drafted by age of 20, that player becomes an unrestricted free agent. A player not signed by drafted team within two years can reenter draft, assuming they are still eligible, and if they are not eligible, will become unrestricted an free agent. A team has the rights of an NCAA player until 30 days after the player leaves the college. If a player is drafted a second time, they can not reenter the draft. If a player has entered the draft twice and not been selected, they then become free agents regardless of age. A non-North American player can not be signed unless they are drafted first.

Edited by plenzmd1

Here is a clip from his article:

I’ve been covering the NHL for nearly 25 years. Trust me, I get it.

Unfortunately, too many people fail to get IT. They don’t understand or choose to ignore the fundamental idea that competition calls for providing the maximum effort needed to win. It’s not selective. It’s not sometimes. It’s always. Anything less is unacceptable, unprofessional and unfathomable. If that needs further explanation, heaven help you.

Time for Bucky to get off his high horse, stop the preaching already! It's just getting old and it's every day. It's like this Buck...You don't write articles intending to come off like an idiot, you can't help it, you're just are an idiot. The Sabres players are not trying to lose and giving less effort, they can't help it, they just aren't a good team.

How this guy still has a job by continuing to insult the Buffalo population is incredible...And I left out the part where he called the "pro-tank" Sabres fans losers...

For the Sabres, yes. And because other teams in all sports need that player to win them a championship, there will always be tanking. I don't see Indy fans embarrassed after tanking to get Luck and make the playoffs the last 2 seasons, there's no asterisk next to Pittsburgh's Stanley Cup....teams tank and will continue to tank when rebuilding...

I just read his column. I'm so sick of hearing this thought that the team who is closest to the playoffs should get the first pick. Why would that 17th best team in the league get the first overall pick while the 18th best team drafts 18th? Talk about a crazy cutoff. It would also create a new form of tanking that would be far worse for the league's integrity than the current system. What happens when a team is one point out of the last playoff spot and intentionally throws their last game of the year? In a year like this one, what would you rather want, the very last playoff spot and a date with the Rangers/Ducks or Connor McDavid? I think I know what most would choose.

I love the thought that this system would somehow reward winning. How does just barely missing out on the playoffs qualify as winning? If you want to justify your stance by saying that winning should be rewarded, the only logical conclusion is that the team who wins the Cup should get the #1 pick. Otherwise you're just rewarding someone who wins... but not too much.

Edited by shrader

I read something to the effect today that said:

Hey players. You know how you guys come to our team, we buy your jersey, root for you, and really try to make you feel like part of the community. But then your contract runs out and you leave for $18 million a year instead of $16 million? And when asked about you say "Nothing personal. Just business." This is the fan equivalent to that.

I read something to the effect today that said:

Hey players. You know how you guys come to our team, we buy your jersey, root for you, and really try to make you feel like part of the community. But then your contract runs out and you leave for $18 million a year instead of $16 million? And when asked about you say "Nothing personal. Just business." This is the fan equivalent to that.

Nice! I like that...

BTW, lots of media on media crime going on today, very interesting.

First Howard goes on an epic rant on Gleason. Now just listened to first hour of Hockey Hotline and Peters goes off on both the morning and afternoon hosts, but especially Howard. Even brings Howard's kid into it.

Now i know they do not work for the same company, but should be interesting to listen to the afternoon guys today...be even more interesting to be a fly in the wall in program directors office telling Mike and Chris what they can and cannot say after being called out by Petey.

And Monday morning on Howard's show...yoohoo cant wait! Has to be ratings gold i would think.

Only thing that bothered me about Peters rant is he thinks fans are just lemmings, and follow blindly what those guys at GR are preaching. Is the same tact Gleason takes...and that gets me angry. I hate being talked down too...i hated Petey saying "i feel for sorry for the fans, they don't know what to do or feel"...umm sure as chit seems to me no one is conflicted.I know exactely what i want and how i feel, whether the hosts at GR agree or disagree. Its like when local tells you to be careful driving on ice..oh okay I didnt know that! Cause I am an IDIOT

And Monday morning on Howard's show...yoohoo cant wait! Has to be ratings gold i would think.

Edited by plenzmd1

Yes. Bill Belicheck's fanboy is about to give us a lesson in sports etiquette and integrity.

thats what i am waiting on...LOL

Loved Roby today..."lets not give these guys a pass..players, coaches, none of them. "

Hard when you have Weber saying what he did( and i like Mike Weber and understood why he said it), contrasted to Nolan after almost EVERY single game, including last night, saying he still had a group of 4-5 not working as hard as he would like.

Edited by plenzmd1

At the end of the day, if the teams get the results (and that's a big if), fans don't care how they got there. I can guarantee that the vast majority of Penguins fans never cared about how they landed Mario Lemieux, just like Patriots fans don't care one bit about the reputation hovering around that franchise. They don't care one bit what anyone else thinks.

thats what i am waiting on...LOL

Nope. I'm I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of Buffalo fan. I don't think highly of what the Sabres are doing, and I think it undermines the NHL's competitiveness. I don't think highly of some of the things the Pats have done either (but the ball deflation "scandal" is fueled by bitter opposing fans), but none were as shameful and embarrassing as what the Sabres are doing.

To me, some of what the Pats do make the NFL look ultra-competitive (that's good, and INTERESTING to me). What the Sabres are doing is truly making the NHL look bush league.

You are free to feel however you want, but I have no interest in the Pats, love the Bills, and think the whiners are showing bad form, crying over what the Pats might do to WIN, while celebrating actions of the Sabres organization. It's truly a loser's mentality.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Nope. I'm I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of Buffalo fan. I don't think highly of what the Sabres are doing, and I think it undermines the NHL's competitiveness. I don't think highly of some of the things the Pats have done either (but the ball deflation "scandal" is fueled by bitter opposing fans), but none were as shameful and embarrassing as what the Sabres are doing.

To me, some of what the Pats do make the NFL look ultra-competitive (that's good, and INTERESTING to me). What the Sabres are doing is truly making the NHL look bush league.

You are free to feel however you want, but I have no interest in the Pats, love the Bills, and think the whiners are showing bad form, crying over what the Pats might do to WIN, while celebrating actions of the Sabres organization. It's truly a loser's mentality.

What the Sabres are doing has happened in every single league over and over. I guess all sports are bush league.

Nope. I'm I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of Buffalo fan. I don't think highly of what the Sabres are doing, and I think it undermines the NHL's competitiveness.

what are the Sabres doing ? They were not making the playoffs, and since the advent of UFA, teams not making the playoffs have traded their UFA's for whatever the hell they could get for them....tell why they would keep them?

Want to go the route of keeping guys like Pysyk down in Rochester? Detrioy has been praised for years letting guys develop in the AHL even if they looked ready for the NHL.

Did the Sabres look like they quit last night? Has management told Teddy who to play?

Tell me what they are doing that is not considered sound hockey management...just name one thing you would have done differently knowing, with a certainty, you were not making the playoffs.