Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

the fact that your referred to Eichel as "McEichel" in your ironic championship scenario shows that you do not know what you are talking about and therefore can not be taken seriously.

I got it copy and pasted "ExiledinIllinois": "Why do they keep reporting: "Tank to keep their odds better..." Its only 20%! It is NOT about odds... Its about McEichel."

Regardless, misspelling his name doesn't change the circumstances. I don't have to know anything about the players involved, to know that those "fans" don't deserve any championships.

There are still some fans on this board calling EJM, "EJ Manual".

Edited by HoF Watkins

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got it copy and pasted "ExiledinIllinois": "Why do they keep reporting: "Tank to keep their odds better..." Its only 20%! It is NOT about odds... Its about McEichel."

Regardless, misspelling his name doesn't change the circumstances. I don't have to know anything about the players involved, to know that those "fans" don't deserve any championships.

There are still some fans on this board calling EJM, "EJ Manual".

McEichel is a combination of McDavid/Eichel as the representation of what 30th place guarantees...a 20% shot at McDavid and a 100% shot at Eichel....The tank isnt about McDavid its about Eichel. McDavid would be the cherry on top

quiet out there...not sure anyone knows the coyotes are playing

Wouldn't it be ironic if the Sabres get McDavid, but McEichel ends up winning all the championships, or vice-versa?

Holy crap - I never thought of that. What if we DO get McDavid and McEichel was the better one!

Hahaha - you better quit while you're way behind.

BTW, why was it OK for the Patriots not to play Brady, Gronk, etc. vs. the Bills in the last game. I thought everybody was supposed to try as hard to win every game they play? (Couldn't be that some look at the bigger picture?)

McEichel is a combination of McDavid/Eichel as the representation of what 30th place guarantees...a 20% shot at McDavid and a 100% shot at Eichel....The tank isnt about McDavid its about Eichel. McDavid would be the cherry on top

quiet out there...not sure anyone knows the coyotes are playing

Don't sweat Watkins, just a typical Pats fan He will be a Biils fan as soon the Biils start shopping on the Pats again.

In terms of the Yotes, just finished cutting the grass etc, going to watch the 3rd now. Saw the highlights, looks like Smith playing well again.

0-0 start of 3rd.

Yotes score! 1-0 15 minutes left

3-1 Pens now. Time for nappy poo.

Edited by plenzmd1

Wouldn't it be ironic if the Sabres get McDavid, but McEichel ends up winning all the championships, or vice-versa?

Debasing yourself doesn't always work out. I am more disappointed in the way some of the fans are acting than anything else. I understand "building for the future" by trading away good players, putting young players on the roster, etc.

I don't understand going to games with "Tank" signs. and cheering for losses. It's pathetic, and then claiming "We deserve it"? I don't think these kinds of "fans" deserve anything.

The Sabres have had lots of great players, lots of high picks...they blew them. Mismanaged, out-coached, bad luck...

I get it, nobody wants to hear dissent. "Close your ears, and wait for that championship. Then we can strut!"

not sure I am following that. They didn't tank for mcdavid. They tanked for McEichel. "McEichel" refers to the chance to get either McDavid or Eichel. Finishing 30th only guarantees them Eichel if they don't win the lottery. If they do win the lottery, they will obviously pick mcdavid as he is the higher rated player by consensus. So no... It wouldn't be ironic in the least if your scenario played out because they aren't tanking just for one guy. They have been tanking for one of two potentially franchise changing players. Edited by YoloinOhio

Well don't forget fellas. Watkins is still hanging on to hope they get both with their 3 first round picks.

Listen, when we worry about what "fans " like Watkins have to say, we may just as well worry that LaConfora is guaranteeing Marone has shot to the the top of the coaching lists and will have his pick of jobs.

Both idiots.

not sure I am following that. They didn't tank for mcdavid. They tanked for McEichel. "McEichel" refers to the chance to get either McDavid or Eichel. Finishing 30th only guarantees them Eichel if they don't win the lottery. If they do win the lottery, they will obviously pick mcdavid as he is the higher rated player by consensus. So no... It wouldn't be ironic in the least if your scenario played out because they aren't tanking just for one guy. They have been tanking for one of two potentially franchise changing players.

Yep. I misspelled the guy's name.

Yep. I misspelled the guy's name.

No you did not. You don't know the players and don't follow hockey, yet are making judgements on things you know nothing about.

Just like most everybody in this country does.....

That is why the opinion of people like you and and your ilk bother me not one iota.

No you did not. You don't know the players and don't follow hockey, yet are making judgements on things you know nothing about.

Just like most everybody in this country does.....

That is why the opinion of people like you and and your ilk bother me not one iota.

You don't have to follow any sport to know that tanking a season is shameful. You don't have to be a fan, to know that fans that cheer against their team don't "deserve" a championship.

Edited by HoF Watkins

if that was the only mistake, then I definitely didn't follow it. I wasn't referring to that. Carry on though.

Here it's simple dude. "Wouldn't it be ironic if they ended up with the guy that never wins a championship, and miss out on the guy that wins?" It's not hard to figure out my intent.

Edited by HoF Watkins

You don't have to follow any sport to know that tanking a season is shameful. You don't have to be a fan, to know that fans that cheer against their team don't "deserve" a championship.

OKay super fan...name me one friggin move.....just one...that you would have made differently than Murray . I know, i know..you don't follow the sport.... yet have declared this fan base does not "deserve" a championship.Murray has made every single friggen move a GM would make to build a championship caliber team...please explain how that is wrong. And where was this outrage last year, when the Sabres were just as bad.

I am guessing you have watched zero, and mean zero, minutes of a Sabre game...ever. Like me making judgements on fans of cricket .

OKay super fan...name me one friggin move.....just one...that you would have made differently than Murray . I know, i know..you don't follow the sport.... yet have declared this fan base does not "deserve" a championship.Murray has made every single friggen move a GM would make to build a championship caliber team...please explain how that is wrong. And where was this outrage last year, when the Sabres were just as bad.

I am guessing you have watched zero, and mean zero, minutes of a Sabre game...ever. Like me making judgements on fans of cricket .

I have watched plenty of Sabres games. I was there the night Gretzky broke Espisito's scoring record. Watched tons of Sabres games until around the time they switched uniforms. Moved away, and have lost interest. I now have the perspective of someone that has moved away from Buffalo (18 years).

I don't care what Murray has or hasn't done, tanking is pathetic, and cheering against your team is not what fans "deserving" of a championship do.

I have watched plenty of Sabres games. I was there the night Gretzky broke Espisito's scoring record. Watched tons of Sabres games until around the time they switched uniforms. Moved away, and have lost interest. I now have the perspective of someone that has moved away from Buffalo (18 years).

I don't care what Murray has or hasn't done, tanking is pathetic, and cheering against your team is not what fans "deserving" of a championship do.

It's not cheering against them. We hate the fact that losing is a good thing, but the unfortunate part is, it is. In sorry we don't meet belichecks measure of what is deserving of a championship, bending and breaking the rules to get there.