2015-16 Buffalo Bills Positive Thread

I would be worried if he makes the final 53 unless they keep four OT and would utilize him as an emergency OG, which he has played. He's big, he's allegedly in good shape, he's versatile, he's just not good. We did need a 4th NFL tackle in camp though. All we had behind our top three, two of which are unknown entities, was an UDFA. So his signing is not surprising and perhaps necessary.

In that case, I'm thrilled the Bills have the ability to bring in a tub of goo as camp fodder just so they can keep everyone fresh through rotation, and then jettison said tub prior to the start of the season! :thumbsup:

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that case, I'm thrilled the Bills have the ability to bring in a tub of goo as camp fodder just so they can keep everyone fresh through rotation, and then jettison said tub prior to the start of the season! :thumbsup:

Yup. It's basically Rex being Rex, same as the Mulligan signing. Giving a guy he knows and likes who has no job at the time a chance to come in and compete at a spot that is desperately needed in training camp but little chance he makes final roster. It keeps their names in the news and keeps them in football shape and Rex is straight forward about the best man wins so they love him for it and relish the opportunity and work their ass off for the 3% chance they make the team. But it's good for everyone really.

nice job CBF

do people get warning points for being negative here? If so I'm positive I'll love this thread.

I think EJ makes big strides this season!!

Oh, he will make big strides all right. This much is certain. The direction of his strides? Not so sure.

No warning points for me, right?

CJ Spiller is no longer on this team, which means we probably won't have a game where we average 1 YPC, which means we will win more games. Positivity is fun.

Sophistry is fun, too, considering Spiller's YPC is right up there with Jim Brown, Gayle Sayers, Adrian Peterson, Barry sanders and Jamaal Charles.

I'm positive FredEx has a decent YPC average 3.7 not bad for a part time 33 year old. He did so in many games where CJ was injured.

i think his YPC will go up with his carries reduced. He is always fighting for the extra yard. With this maybe being his last year, he's going to give it everything he has on every chance he gets. Not that he didn't before, but this year will be unique for him. Edited by YoloinOhio

Jesus Christ, you're miserable.

Addition by subtraction, don't be so negative.

Sophistry is fun, too, considering Spiller's YPC is right up there with Jim Brown, Gayle Sayers, Adrian Peterson, Barry sanders and Jamaal Charles.

So is my bench press, but I'm not as good of a RB as them either.

Addition by subtraction, don't be so negative.

So is my bench press, but I'm not as good of a RB as them either.

That's a really good point. Because bench press for a running back is always considered equivalent to YPC, you know, the stat that YOU brought up as the arbiter of quality.

That's a really good point. Because bench press for a running back is always considered equivalent to YPC, you know, the stat that YOU brought up as the arbiter of quality.

Do we really need to have cross topic debates?

Also, that YPC is dropping every year. Trends would say you'll put him in the 4.8 YPC class next year, then the 4.2 YPC class the year after, then he'll retire.

Edited by FireChan

On Philly today. Listening to WIP Sports Radio this morning. They were debating whether the Eagles would win 12 or 14 with Bradford.

This, right here, is how Santa Claus ends up getting hit with snowballs in Philly.

Philly is the anti-Buffalo, or at least the anti-TSW. They go out of their way to know NOTHING about the teams/players/sport, and then they go out of their way to talk schit to everyone, whether they want to listen or not. They are the ultimate example of scoreboard and box score watchers. If the scoreboard says win, then they were right, because everything Philly is awesome, and everybody else sucks. If it says lose, then they were right, and everybody needs to be fired/run out of town.

When they lose, there are all sorts of tantrums thrown/fights started all over the city. Monday after a loss sucks if you are a traveler, which is why I started leaving on Sunday. This is largely because some idiots in their media, in trying to capitalize on the "Philly is awesome and everybody else sucks" side of the mentality, run with it, and whip up expectations(for clicks) when it is easy to do: offseason. Then when things inevitably don't pan out...somebody, anybody(besides their own idiot selves) needs to pay.

QED: Santa Claus gets a snowball.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

How bout for signatures? Only if you promise to not pull an NDBUFFCUSE, the last guy to make a Spiller wager with me.

Sure. I have no idea what NDBUFFCUSE did, but I assume that I will just agree with whatever parameters you want to put on the signatures. It's two or three years in the future but I have been here for about 17. :D

Sure. I have no idea what NDBUFFCUSE did, but I assume that I will just agree with whatever parameters you want to put on the signatures. It's two or three years in the future but I have been here for about 17. :D

I think ND etc... went Section 8 after someone here accused him of dishonesty regarding his service to our country, or something along those lines. I missed that particular imbroglio, and feel all the better for it honestly. You know what happens from time to time around here. Someone gets wound up tighter than a dervish and then goes off like a roman candle. Then they're tail lights.

FWIW, I'll take your side on this bet.

Are you positive about that?

very much so. I couldn't be more positive!!!

I once got a Warning point for doing so one day when dozens of threads on the same subject were created.

more recently (I may be mistaken on the person) just the other day IIRC Old School was giving me crap for it.

I still do it, but I limit it's usage.

apparently I rub some people the wrong way in here

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

very much so. I couldn't be more positive!!!

I once got a Warning point for doing so one day when dozens of threads on the same subject were created.

more recently (I may be mistaken on the person) just the other day IIRC Old School was giving me crap for it.

I still do it, but I limit it's usage.

apparently I rub some people the wrong way in here

Eye no whachu meen. I tried posting some congratulations to EJ for winning the starting QB job in the EJ outdoing Meh and Tie Rod thread. No points, thankfully, but the posts were zeroed.

Sum folk just ain't godda sensahuma.

Positive thread still in the lead. I try to stay away from the dark side, but do peek on occasion. Time to be positive.

The YEAR - not the time of year!

Edited by Augie

Eye no whachu meen. I tried posting some congratulations to EJ for winning the starting QB job in the EJ outdoing Meh and Tie Rod thread. No points, thankfully, but the posts were zeroed.

Sum folk just ain't godda sensahuma.

AMEN brother!!!

I am positive some people can't take a joke.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

One clear positive is that, as far as we know and has been reported, the Bills do not have one player whose mother demanded he pay her $1,000,000 for raising him.

From Vic's column today: "For instance, the players heard from Phillip Buchanon, who signed a multimillion-dollar contract after the Oakland Raiders made him a first-round draft pick in 2002, and has since written a book about the mistakes he made with money. He revealed that his mother wanted him to pay her $1 million for raising him, and told the players that they shouldn’t allow themselves to be exploited, even by family members."

The Bills are staying in town for the foreseeable future, they have an owner who is willing to spend to win and they have exceptional talent on the defense. If a quality QB emerges or is acquired they should contend for a title.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that the mystery around who will be the starter - with no clear leader in the clubhouse (publically) could be a benefit to the offense finding some success, at least early on. Right now the Colts DC has to prepare for all 3 QBs, who all have different styles, in an offense he has seen none of them run yet. It is possible that the team will know the starter internally but keep it up in the air publically as long as possible, for that reason.

I think that the mystery around who will be the starter - with no clear leader in the clubhouse (publically) could be a benefit to the offense finding some success, at least early on. Right now the Colts DC has to prepare for all 3 QBs, who all have different styles, in an offense he has seen none of them run yet. It is possible that the team will know the starter internally but keep it up in the air publically as long as possible, for that reason.

But with media access to training camp and players, fans and other teams will have a good guess on who it will be. Not to mention preseason games. The guy starting the third and 4th games is most likely the starter week 1.

But with media access to training camp and players, fans and other teams will have a good guess on who it will be. Not to mention preseason games. The guy starting the third and 4th games is most likely the starter week 1.

im referring to the prep that began back when the schedule was released. The longer they wait the better. Naming the starter (or our opponents figuring out the starter) in TC is expected. It's still much later than what the DCs would prefer.

I have a feeling that all the hand wringing over the Qb situation will be unfounded. I think EJ manuel will start and will be good enough to win 10 games and make the playoffs. He won't be a "great" QB this year as in top 10, but he will not make a lot of mistakes and the offense will be designed to minimize his weaknesses. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

agreed. with Marrone gone, EJ with a fresh start and a fresh set of coaching eyes wins the job and they get to 10-6 or better. injuries can destroy any of this , but assuming they stay at average NFL health or better, something really has to go off the rails for this team to be 8-8 or worse this year. I'll have to change my name.... 8&8 Forever just won't work anymore... and that would be great...

agreed. with Marrone gone, EJ with a fresh start and a fresh set of coaching eyes wins the job and they get to 10-6 or better. injuries can destroy any of this , but assuming they stay at average NFL health or better, something really has to go off the rails for this team to be 8-8 or worse this year. I'll have to change my name.... 8&8 Forever just won't work anymore... and that would be great...

EJ Manuel is horrible. The entire QB staff is horrible. They let a 9-7 coach walk. They hired a 4-12 loudmouth to replace him. There is little to be positive about. Love the rose-colored glasses crowd. You're always good for a few laughs.

EJ Manuel is horrible. The entire QB staff is horrible. They let a 9-7 coach walk. They hired a 4-12 loudmouth to replace him. There is little to be positive about. Love the rose-colored glasses crowd. You're always good for a few laughs.

wrong thread

Bound to be a Hall of Fame poster.

I am positive you are in the wrong thread