2015-16 Buffalo Bills Positive Thread

i saw it as a place where i can post something optimistic about EJ. Usually I don't bother because i know it will be just be followed by a snarky response. And I'm not into arguing. So I just don't bother.

Thanks Yolo.

Thats what I want this place to be.

A place where people can post their optimistic views of the team or player and not expect to be flamed for it

CBF

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ralph is cheap...sorry wrong thread...The bills will play to their strengths instead of trying to be something they are not and the end results will be much improved and fun to watch!!! Go Bills!

I have a feeling that all the hand wringing over the Qb situation will be unfounded. I think EJ manuel will start and will be good enough to win 10 games and make the playoffs. He won't be a "great" QB this year as in top 10, but he will not make a lot of mistakes and the offense will be designed to minimize his weaknesses. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I agree, if we are right and EJ and OL step up this team could be very good.

I think he was on way too short of a leash, coupled with a very questionable offensive line. I think with a year under their belt and some additions to the OL you will see a different result set from EJ, he doesn't need to be brady or rogers(it'd be nice), he needs to be efficient. I think he is going to have an outstanding year.

I have a feeling that all the hand wringing over the Qb situation will be unfounded. I think EJ manuel will start and will be good enough to win 10 games and make the playoffs. He won't be a "great" QB this year as in top 10, but he will not make a lot of mistakes and the offense will be designed to minimize his weaknesses. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I feel the same way. I think EJ is smart enough and has enough of the tools necessary to help the team win some big games for us. This season will come down to coaching.

The thing that always encourages me about EJ was his relatively hot start in both seasons, as well as his performance in 2 minute drill types of situations. If he can take those positive moments and grow them with a new coaching staff, I think we'll have our guy :)

(this positive thread is great!)

As just a positive note, there is a decent chance that the forgotten guys on the star studded skill positions will be making numerous big plays, first downs and even touchdowns because of DCs game planning to try to take away McCoy, Watkins, Clay and Harvin. So guys like Nick Oleary, Robert Woods, and the Goodwin/Hogan survivor are always going to be single covered or forgotten about, and Roman I think is smart enough to call plays to get these guys the ball, too. If that happens, watch out.

People act like guys like Cassel and EJ never throw good passes even when they are completely about three out of every five.

Not at all this is just a place for people who want to come and post something positive about the team

No threads will be "lumped"

I'm just seeing how this goes and if it crashes and burns I will be the first one to delete the threads

CBF

Seems like some kind of social experiment. Get all the Negative Nancies on the Negative thread and all the Kool-Aid drinkers on the positive thread. So everyone hangs out with like-minded people. Sounds very kumbaya.

Isn't dividing into two threads not lumping but splitting by definition?

You could look at that way. Or you could see this as an attempt to lump all the disparate threads into just two: Positive and Negative (a plot CBF denies).

But okay... I'll contribute.

The OL won't be great. Neither will the QB play. But EJ will emerge as the starter and play well enough to lead a talented Bills squad to the playoffs.

I can't remember the last time I predicted the Bills to be in the playoffs, but I'm predicting it this year. The drought is over.

I hope these sentiments earn me ongoing admission to the Positive Thread.

(Later I may find something negative to say so I can also earn my seat at the Negative Thread).

Edited by hondo in seattle

shouldn't have been a long debate...how long does it take to say "none of the above?"

On Philly today. Listening to WIP Sports Radio this morning. They were debating whether the Eagles would win 12 or 14 with Bradford.

The thing that always encourages me about EJ was his relatively hot start in both seasons, as well as his performance in 2 minute drill types of situations. If he can take those positive moments and grow them with a new coaching staff, I think we'll have our guy :)

(this positive thread is great!)

yes it is. both seasons

IIRC in 2013 the Bills led or were in the top 3 teams in points scored in Sept. then after 4 games teams have enough film to make adjustments against offenses.

We need to move in the right direction and hope the new coaches know how to make adjustments as the season progresses.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever