Church Shooting

"CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — A white man opened fire during a prayer meeting inside a historic black church in downtown Charleston on Wednesday night, killing nine people, including the pastor, in an assault that authorities described as a hate crime. The shooter remained at large Thursday morning."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/pastor-8-others-fatally-shot-at-church-in-charleston-sc/ar-AAbLntz?ocid=ansnewsap11

Absolute tragedy, this guy needs to hang.

edit: the faith and forgiveness of these Christians is truly amazing and shows the true spirit of Jesus and has reminded me of how Jesus taught us to love our enemies and pray for them that despitefully use us.

That said Roof still needs to pay for his crimes. Just as our forgiveness comes with a price by the shed blood of Jesus on the cross that gains our entrance into heaven. On earth our crimes still have to be paid for to the governments we are under whether we have to pay for a traffic ticket or be executed for murder.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad authorities cleared it up that this was a hate crime.

Well we don't know the whole story of course so there may have been things he said that make this a "hate" crime (God I hate [no pun intended] that term). I sure hope so otherwise just because I white person kills black people it shouldn't be automatic that it's racially motivated.

Now I see reports from the police saying they were killed "because they were black" so I think it's safe to assume there are things he said during this rampage that proves that. Dammit.

Edited by Chef Jim

Just curious, what murders are not fueled by hate of some sort? As long as we keep segregating things in the media, law, our conversations, we are never going to make any progress on these race issues and never have true equality where race is seen on a level of having blond hair vs brown hair or blue eyes vs green eyes. Hate crime? Sure, hate against the HUMAN race.

Edited by Mark80

Just curious, what murders are not fueled by hate of some sort? As long as we keep segregating things in the media, law, our conversations, we are never going to make any progress on these race issues and never have true equality where race is seen on a level of having blond hair vs brown hair or blue eyes vs green eyes. Hate crime? Sure, hate against the HUMAN race.

It's a stupid law.

the first report i heard described the shooter as having a 'bowl cut' hair style...first thought was it was someone from an amish order, but having a car didn't fit that. very weird and terribly sad.

British?

http://news.yahoo.com/charleston-church-shooting-massacre-manhunt-live-103930165.html

The man hunt is over.

According to Roof's Facebook page, he lives in Columbia, S.C., and attended White Knoll High School in Lexington. In his profile photo, Roof is wearing a jacket with emblazoned with the flags of Rhodesia, an unrecognized South African state that later became part of Zimbabwe, and apartheid-era South Africa. Here is that profile photo:

Glad that South Carolina has the death penalty

CBF

True.

But having the death penalty really detered this from happening. Isn't that how it is supposed to work?

I bet he was thinking: "I better not shoot up this church with a hate crime because they will give me the death penalty."

Oops.

True.

But having the death penalty really detered this from happening. Isn't that how it is supposed to work?

I bet he was thinking: "I better not shoot up this church with a hate crime because they will give me the death penalty."

Oops.

Of course it didn't deter him but how many others does it deter? I think actually going through with the execution would help too.

The key with the hate crime law is that it is federal