Article: E.J. is beating out Cassel and Taylor in OTA's

pbanach

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I utterly reject this notion that I have to be classified as a supporter, or detractor. Your own feelings notwithstanding, it is possible to be objective regarding EJ Manual. That means: acknowledging his potential, the improvements he has made, and his positive attributes, as well as his limitations, and the likelihood that he may overcome those limitations.

I am skeptical that he will ultimately rise above the level of backup. But, I acknowledge, and hope that he might. He certainly has the work ethic, and character. And, if he wins this competition, and takes us deep into a playoff run, I will have no apologies to make. It is only black and white for those that have cemented their opinions.

All I can say is - If the shoe fits wear it. it is not difficult to make the distinction.

Supporting the notion that EJ might succeed, one could be construed as an EJ supporter. As I have said - this is black and white @ TBD. there is no gray. (not my rules but TBD poster concept) To the detractors who think EJ can't win the #1 spot, I am called an EJ supporter.

FTR I am objective WRT EJ. I have said he's had good and bad games, the whole 14 of them.

Objectively I would love to see him given the opportunity to prove once and for all, in real games, if he is good or the presumed failure that people are already coloring him.

IMO, wanting to see what EJ can do is being objective. Making the biggest argument WRT the Houston game as his defining moment is not being objective.

All I can say is - If the shoe fits wear it. it is not difficult to make the distinction.

Supporting the notion that EJ might succeed, one could be construed as an EJ supporter. As I have said - this is black and white @ TBD. there is no gray. (not my rules but TBD poster concept) To the detractors who think EJ can't win the #1 spot, I am called an EJ supporter.

FTR I am objective WRT EJ. I have said he's had good and bad games, the whole 14 of them.

Objectively I would love to see him given the opportunity to prove once and for all, in real games, if he is good or the presumed failure that people are already coloring him.

IMO, wanting to see what EJ can do is being objective. Making the biggest argument WRT the Houston game as his defining moment is not being objective.

I don't know where you get this notion from. I myself have stated many times, in multiple threads, that I believe Tyrod will be our starter but I wouldn't be upset at all if any QB wins and plays well for us. The only victor that would concern me is Cassel, and it's only because that would mean we are still looking for our long term answer. And I have seen many posters share that sentiment, or at least the latter half of it while subbing in EJ at the beginning.

I don't know where you get this notion from. I myself have stated many times, in multiple threads, that I believe Tyrod will be our starter but I wouldn't be upset at all if any QB wins and plays well for us. The only victor that would concern me is Cassel, and it's only because that would mean we are still looking for our long term answer. And I have seen many posters share that sentiment, or at least the latter half of it while subbing in EJ at the beginning.

I think if anything most of TBD is in the gray and there are spots of black and white. Most of us are hopeful but don't know what EJ can/can't do. Then there are those who say that there is nothing that can fix EJ and he will never be a good QB and those that support him blindly and don't care because of the glimpses of quality play he has shown.

I think if anything most of TBD is in the gray and there are spots of black and white. Most of us are hopeful but don't know what EJ can/can't do. Then there are those who say that there is nothing that can fix EJ and he will never be a good QB and those that support him blindly and don't care because of the glimpses of quality play he has shown.

agreed, it is gray but IMO that is not often the case here if you say anything positive about EJ, or defend any of his weakness' - then often you are painted an EJ supporter.

what compelling NFL game film do you have to support the idea that Tyrod is superior to EJ?

We will not know who will be the better option until the the pads are on and points are scored in Preseason games.

IMO by default as the incumbent EJ will be the #1 until proven otherwise. If Tryod wins the job fine, Cassel? I'll be sick because that will do little to secure future seasons when the QB search starts anew.

There's more than two sizes of shoe.

what compelling NFL game film do you have to support the idea that Tyrod is superior to EJ?

We will not know who will be the better option until the the pads are on and points are scored in Preseason games.

IMO by default as the incumbent EJ will be the #1 until proven otherwise. If Tryod wins the job fine, Cassel? I'll be sick because that will do little to secure future seasons when the QB search starts anew.

So because he hasn't been given a chance he shouldn't be? Please enlighten me, if EJ was drafted to Baltimore how many games would he have started the last 2 years? How much game time would he have seen? Tyrod preformed admirably in his preseason games thus far, you can look some of that up if you want (to your 2nd point). RavensInsider did an interview on WGR earlier this week talking WRT Tyrod. He has watched him practice and prepare for 4 years now. He believes that Tyrod would perform well, but you'll never know until you let him do it.

In the end, Tyrod has been stuck behind a Super Bowl MVP QB for his entire career. He has no significant NFL game tape, good or bad, to speak of. EJ has NFL game tape. Some is good, some is bad. If you want compelling NFL game film that shows EJ is better then watch his highlight reel, if you want compelling NFL game film that shows Tyrod is better than EJ watch the Houston game from last year.

@JoeBuscaglia

EJ Manuel has been impressive so far today. Matt Cassel has been a pile of hot garbage. Still an hour to go. #Bills

Joe Buscaglia ‏@JoeBuscaglia 2h2 hours ago

EJ Manuel has been the best quarterback today, and it hasn't even been close. #Bills

Edited by Dorkington

@JoeBuscaglia

EJ Manuel has been impressive so far today. Matt Cassel has been a pile of hot garbage. Still an hour to go. #Bills

Joe Buscaglia ‏@JoeBuscaglia 2h2 hours ago

EJ Manuel has been the best quarterback today, and it hasn't even been close. #Bills

Obviously, they've only been running QB draws today. Edited by FireChan

Agreed, the thing is the black/white guys have often the biggest mouths

So because he hasn't been given a chance he shouldn't be? Please enlighten me, if EJ was drafted to Baltimore how many games would he have started the last 2 years? How much game time would he have seen? Tyrod preformed admirably in his preseason games thus far, you can look some of that up if you want (to your 2nd point). RavensInsider did an interview on WGR earlier this week talking WRT Tyrod. He has watched him practice and prepare for 4 years now. He believes that Tyrod would perform well, but you'll never know until you let him do it.

In the end, Tyrod has been stuck behind a Super Bowl MVP QB for his entire career. He has no significant NFL game tape, good or bad, to speak of. EJ has NFL game tape. Some is good, some is bad. If you want compelling NFL game film that shows EJ is better then watch his highlight reel, if you want compelling NFL game film that shows Tyrod is better than EJ watch the Houston game from last year.

I have no clue what Tyrod can or can not do in real games.

I have an idea of what EJ can do in real games.

I've seen enough of Meh to know I'd rather have the young guy step up.

like I said. my preference is to go with the incumbent and see what happens.

FTR his entire career is what? 1 (or is it 2) more season than EJ who has proven he can win NFL games.

pardon my rudeness but :censored:the Houston Game!!!!! I :censored: bad game does not make a career.

EVERY QB has a bad day now and again.

FTR mentioning the Houston Game makes you a full blown detractor.

I have no clue what Tyrod can or can not do in real games.

I have an idea of what EJ can do in real games.

I've seen enough of Meh to know I'd rather have the young guy step up.

like I said. my preference is to go with the incumbent and see what happens.

FTR his entire career is what? 1 (or is it 2) more season than EJ who has proven he can win NFL games.

pardon my rudeness but :censored:the Houston Game!!!!! I :censored: bad game does not make a career.

EVERY QB has a bad day now and again.

FTR mentioning the Houston Game makes you a full blown detractor.

He had a number of BAD games, not just 1, please don't be such an E.J. apologist. The Houston disaster just happened to be the one that got him benched.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014092100/2014/REG3/chargers@bills?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr#menu=drivechart&tab=analyze&analyze=boxscore