Article: E.J. is beating out Cassel and Taylor in OTA's

pbanach

This is getting so tiresome. JUST BECAUSE OTHER QUARTERBACKS HAVE BAD GAMES SOMETIMES DOES NOT MEAN THAT EJ MANUEL IS GOING TO BECOME A FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK. Because Ryan Tannehill had a bad game one time does that mean you still believe JP Losman might still work out? For the millionth time the argument that many of us have against EJ Manuel developing into a franchise QB is not based solely on the Houston game. It is the fact that he clearly regressed all last offseason and then completely sucked for TWO games. He was just as bad against San Diego as he was against Houston. Remember what a big story it was when he had a good practice against the Steelers last summer?? That was pretty much his only good practice all last offseason. And then he was an abomination in the preseason as well. And if you think there's something funny about me bringing up practice, Manuel better damn sure show something in practice this offseason or he's out of a job altogether.

OMG, a second-year player sucked for two games!!! Unbelievable!!! Tannehill and all other quarterbacks have bad games against good defenses, dude. This isn't rocket science. The Dolphins simply stuck with their guy instead of bailing. A lot of it had to do with Tannehill's college coach being his OC...he knew Tannehill just needed time to adjust to the NFL. Pretty simple stuff.

I think you need to calm down a bit.

The poster I responded to said that Houston game was the extreme example of a bad day...soooooo melodramatic. It's funny what some people say here.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is getting so tiresome. JUST BECAUSE OTHER QUARTERBACKS HAVE BAD GAMES SOMETIMES DOES NOT MEAN THAT EJ MANUEL IS GOING TO BECOME A FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK. Because Ryan Tannehill had a bad game one time does that mean you still believe JP Losman might still work out? For the millionth time the argument that many of us have against EJ Manuel developing into a franchise QB is not based solely on the Houston game. It is the fact that he clearly regressed all last offseason and then completely sucked for TWO games. He was just as bad against San Diego as he was against Houston. Remember what a big story it was when he had a good practice against the Steelers last summer?? That was pretty much his only good practice all last offseason. And then he was an abomination in the preseason as well. And if you think there's something funny about me bringing up practice, Manuel better damn sure show something in practice this offseason or he's out of a job altogether.

And just because EJ had two bad games means that he is incapable of doing anything is what you are saying right?

Kind of funny how SD beat our offensive line with stunts and then the next week the same thing happened. No adjustments during either of the games just let the player run free.

That houston game EJ was hit 15ish times. I think 8 were by Watt alone. How would you expect a QB (any QB) to hold up in that type of situation where the line can't stop anyone?

And just because EJ had two bad games means that he is incapable of doing anything is what you are saying right?

Kind of funny how SD beat our offensive line with stunts and then the next week the same thing happened. No adjustments during either of the games just let the player run free.

That houston game EJ was hit 15ish times. I think 8 were by Watt alone. How would you expect a QB (any QB) to hold up in that type of situation where the line can't stop anyone?

Don't you dare speak that rubbish to him. He's getting so tired out by having to explain eveything all us dummies. Poor guy.

Edited by LeGOATski

I expect 0 NFL QB's would read an open WR 20 yards downfield, look away, and check down.

Let me ask you guys something. What do you think are the percent chances that EJ a) wins the job this summer, b) plays well enough to keep the job all season, does a solid job and leads the Bills to the playoffs and c) is the Bills' unquestioned starter week 1 2017.

I'd go:

a) 30%

b) 14%

c) 9%

What say you?

I expect 0 NFL QB's would read an open WR 20 yards downfield, look away, and check down.

I suspect you just haven't seen it because you only watch the Bills. You think a QB who throws for 84 yards, gets sacked 7 times, and has a 3 yard average is even reading the field at all?

I suspect you just haven't seen it because you only watch the Bills. You think a QB who throws for 84 yards, gets sacked 7 times, and has a 3 yard average is even reading the field at all?

Tannehill had shown much more than him as a QB.

So you admit you're wearing really pathetic shoes?

I'm relaxed, you're the one slinging accusations.

I have no idea what you're referring to here, but go ahead and paint me into that opinion you want me to have again.

We have 2 QB's who are 25 years old and still developing on the team, why do you refuse to acknowledge one?

I do acknowledge one. I've see enough good to justify playing the 25 year old 2013 1st round pick to see his true potential.

The other a soon to be 26 2011 6th round pick I have not seen play ergo I can not say how bad or good he is.

whaaa wait a minute. with 4 years of "development" he should be a proven QB and not a prospect

I troll because some people just don't get it. you trash the "supporters" yet cry when we criticize EJ with constant he sucks rants.

I can name numerous Bills QBs over the last 15 seasons who have 2 bad games followed by 2 good games.

So because you pick out some random horrible game that a guy who has been quite impressive through three seasons had, the rest of us aren't allowed to be skeptical about EJ Manuel? Got it. So if in 1985 Joe Montana had some bad game against the Rams or something, that should make me feel better about EJ Manuel after watching him for the last two years?

I do acknowledge one. I've see enough good to justify playing the 25 year old 2013 1st round pick to see his true potential.

The other a soon to be 26 2011 6th round pick I have not seen play ergo I can not say how bad or good he is.

whaaa wait a minute. with 4 years of "development" he should be a proven QB and not a prospect

I troll because some people just don't get it. you trash the "supporters" yet cry when we criticize EJ with constant he sucks rants.

I can name numerous Bills QBs over the last 15 seasons who have 2 bad games followed by 2 good games.

Hey I "support" EJ Manuel. He's on the Bills. I support the troops too. That doesn't mean I have to agree with every war they participate in.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

OMG, a second-year player sucked for two games!!! Unbelievable!!! Tannehill and all other quarterbacks have bad games against good defenses, dude. This isn't rocket science. The Dolphins simply stuck with their guy instead of bailing. A lot of it had to do with Tannehill's college coach being his OC...he knew Tannehill just needed time to adjust to the NFL. Pretty simple stuff.

I think you need to calm down a bit.

The poster I responded to said that Houston game was the extreme example of a bad day...soooooo melodramatic. It's funny what some people say here.

. Wow, I must have missed it when did tannehill become a stud QB?

PLEASE tell the "supporters" what you anti EJ guys are going to do when EJ is named the #1 QB?

A) Cry

B) Leave the site for a while

C) keep saying he sucks and s/b replaced

No. I will be thrilled and I will say, wow you were right, I didn't see that one coming. That's merely a battle in the war though. He's gotta keep the job and develop into a guy who could someday become our guy. I just don't think that's likely to happen. Is that bad?

PLEASE tell the "supporters" what you anti EJ guys are going to do when EJ is named the #1 QB?

A) Cry

B) Leave the site for a while

C) keep saying he sucks and s/b replaced

Myself, as usual I will watch him stare down his first option. And of course a good D will pounce on that. Then get a reciever almost killed being unable to time his passes. Then I will watch anything towards the sideline go wildly out of bounds. A couple of awesome dirt balls ala the tampa game and you got it. Basically it's called accuracy issues. But he is a great guy I wish him the best and hope he proves me wrong.

Some are more worried about your what 18 month crusade on a first round reach by Nix? How will you handle that crash and burn? What will be the next crusade that never ends? really it has been literraly hundreds of posts with all basically saying the same. it is tiring.

Let me ask you guys something. What do you think are the percent chances that EJ a) wins the job this summer, b) plays well enough to keep the job all season, does a solid job and leads the Bills to the playoffs and c) is the Bills' unquestioned starter week 1 2017.

I'd go:

a) 30%

b) 14%

c) 9%

What say you?

Well Metz, it all depends on how well the offensive line plays. Like Chris Trapasso pointed out if the line can keep EJ somewhat clean, he can take team to playoffs and beyond.

. Wow, I must have missed it when did tannehill become a stud QB?

I never said that. I just pointed out to a melodramatic poster that Tannehill had a worse game than EJ ever did and metzelaars_lives got all butt-hurt about it.

So because you pick out some random horrible game that a guy who has been quite impressive through three seasons had, the rest of us aren't allowed to be skeptical about EJ Manuel? Got it. So if in 1985 Joe Montana had some bad game against the Rams or something, that should make me feel better about EJ Manuel after watching him for the last two years?

Tannehill's been arguably impressive for one season. His third.

Man, you really get worked up over this stuff. I never said you couldn't be skeptical. I pointed out a worse game than EJ's Houston game and it set you off on a rant.

No. I will be thrilled and I will say, wow you were right, I didn't see that one coming. That's merely a battle in the war though. He's gotta keep the job and develop into a guy who could someday become our guy. I just don't think that's likely to happen. Is that bad?

We got it. Thanks. No need to REPEAT IT UNTIL OUR EARS BLEED.

I'd go:

a) 30%

b) 14%

c) 9%

What say you?

As a guy that likes EJ, but is skeptical of his chances to make it in the NFL, I'll say:

(A) 50%

(B) 20%

© 20% (by definition if he accomplished "B" then this would almost certainly be the case, so these two should be the same IMO)