Something to watch with regard to Marrone

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joeckel will be benched for some unknown reason for half of the season. The Jags' offensive line will regress but they will win more games because of a much improved defense.

Marrone and certain media members will give him all the credit for the Jags improvement. He will opt out of his contract; be talked about as a hot head coaching candidate; and will eventually settle for being assistant rbs coach at Alabama St. He will claim it is his dream job.

Joeckel will be benched for some unknown reason for half of the season. The Jags' offensive line will regress but they will win more games because of a much improved defense.

Marrone and certain media members will give him all the credit for the Jags improvement. He will opt out of his contract; be talked about as a hot head coaching candidate; and will eventually settle for being assistant rbs coach at Alabama St. He will claim it is his dream job.

can their OL actually "regress" any further into the abyss? 71 sacks allowed last year! And they actually do have some decent additions - Jermey Pernell, Stefen Wisniewski, AJ cann. Marrone will look like a Saint and replace Gus Bradley after 9 games.

can their OL actually "regress" any further into the abyss? 71 sacks allowed last year! And they actually do have some decent additions - Jermey Pernell, Stefen Wisniewski, AJ cann. Marrone will look like a Saint and replace Gus Bradley after 9 games.

They allowed 71 sacks last year? Obviously, I never pay attention to the Jags but that's amazingly bad. Marrone is going to look like a genius if they aren't God awful again. He's clever like a fox.

They allowed 71 sacks last year? Obviously, I never pay attention to the Jags but that's amazingly bad. Marrone is going to look like a genius if they aren't God awful again. He's clever like a fox.

yep, he set himself up well. Plus the expectations are always crazy low in Jax.

Don't forget also how much Marrone's OL will benefit from stellar QB play coached up by Hackett....

Why yes, yes they did. 55 of them were taken by rookie Blake Bortles. The question I can't answer, not having watched the Jags much myself, is how many of those 55 sacks had to do with QB decision making - holding onto the ball too long when he should throw it away, being indecisive? I'm guessing not many because Henne, who does know how to play NFL football as a career journeyman, had even more sacks per game than Bortles did.

As an aside, the Jags are Exhibit A of why people here (and alleged professional sportswriters) who tag us as having the worst QB situation in the NFL, simply aren't paying attention. Does anyone seriously want to make the argument that Manuel-Cassel-Taylor are a worse situation than Bortles-Henne-Morris (or whomever else they bring in)? Or Manziel-McCown-Shaw (Browns)? How about Hoyer-Mallet-Savage or Keenum (Texans)? There are teams with elite QB, teams with proven NFL starters, and then there's the other half of the league.

Jokes aside, my understanding is that Marrone is a well regarded o-line coach by people like Sean Payton and Bill Parcells.

Well, he definitely contributed to terrible o-line play and horrible offense last year; jokes and opinions aside.

Lol love it

Jokes aside, my understanding is that Marrone is a well regarded o-line coach by people like Sean Payton and Bill Parcells.

Yeah, just look at the great job he did with the Bills OL while he was here.

It may seem like there's only one direction to go, but I learned long ago that the expression "it can't get any worse" is a fallacy. It can ALWAYS get worse.

How to coach olinemen in the NFL

By Douglas Marrone

1) take a well-regarded player and move him out of his natural position

2) utilize a blocking scheme that is contrary to the linemen you have

3) beach experienced vets who do not buy into the philosophy

4) collect 4 mill to go away