Kraft speaks

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I'm saying that he couldve turned in whatever he wanted by the end, if reports are true. So the crowd saying the only reason he didn't participate was because of all the damning evidence he'd be forced to turn over are overstating that problem (or reports were wrong)

I understand what you're saying, but what I find damning isn't what anyone can imagine to be all the incriminating evidence on his phone, etc., it's the simple refusal to cooperate with the request itself. Usually, when people refuse to provide relevant information to an investigation, it's because it just isn't in their interest to do so. And that begs questions. Just doesn't look good in the court of public opinion.

GO BILLS!!!

I understand what you're saying, but what I find damning isn't what anyone can imagine to be all the incriminating evidence on his phone, etc., it's the simple refusal to cooperate with the request itself. Usually, when people refuse to provide relevant information to an investigation, it's because it just isn't in their interest to do so. And that begs questions. Just doesn't look good in the court of public opinion.

GO BILLS!!!

Yep. IMO there isn't any absolute smoking gun at all in Brady's texts and phone calls and emails, which is what they wanted. But Brady answered a lot of questions and clearly lied. So little tiny things that by themselves arent really incriminating at all, or show that he cheated, are going to show that he lied, which makes everything he said more suspect. Like that he didn't know McNally.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the league and the Patriots are engaged in “back-channel conversations” to determine whether the league and the team can resolve their differences without an appeal or potential litigation.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/18/report-nfl-patriots-working-to-resolve-deflategate/

They better not cave. It's so obvious they are guilty of doing more than any other team and on a premeditated, consistent basis! Can they give harsher penalties during an appeal? I'd tell the cheaters they are making the league look stupid and they either accept the penalty or Brady gets 8 games! No smoking gun?! The texts are obvious and then all of a sudden Brady is talking to these guys to try and get their story straight?

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the league and the Patriots are engaged in “[/size]back-channel conversations” to determine whether the league and the team can resolve their differences without an appeal or potential litigation.[/size]

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/18/report-nfl-patriots-working-to-resolve-deflategate/

What an absolute joke if the NFL reduces the punishment in light of the Pats*' BS attempts at obfuscation. Caught about as red handed as you can expect short of a confession by Tweedledumb and Dumber (especially considering Brady's lack of cooperation and lies), it will only cement Goodell's legacy as Bob Kraft's lap dog. I may honestly be done as a fan if that happens....

the fine will stick....it's the #1 draft pick that kraft will want back.

will reduce brady's suspension to 2 games to get him to come along.

Ridiculous--what a message that will send. Discipline is negotiable if you deny it long enough and have enough juice. Pathetic....

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the league and the Patriots are engaged in “back-channel conversations” to determine whether the league and the team can resolve their differences without an appeal or potential litigation.

compromise :thumbdown:

That's just an owner thanking the group's punching bag for taking another one in the face.

True, but he does say more...

“I think he’s doing a great job, and I’m a big supporter of his,” Jones said at the team’s annual Sponsor Appreciation Golf Classic. “I’ve certainly had the benefit of his role as commissioner and being penalized in the past. But I’m a big supporter of his. I know one of his best qualities is fairness.”

“Certainly we’ve been in that situation as well so we’re not one to point a finger. We want to worry about what’s going on in our house and we’ll move forward from there. The league and our commissioner do a great job of moving forward and making sure that everybody is accountable.”

Put them together, and to me it sounds like he doesn't have much of a problem with penalizing the patriots, and if you make that leap, then you might assume he doesn't disagree with Goodell but like people have said, he won't directly come out and call Robert Kraft and the Pats a bunch of Cheaters. Especially since they are a little sketchy themselves at times.

Edited by What a Tuel

Not sure how many of you will get the reference but Bob Kraft kind of feels like Beverly Goldberg on the Goldbergs and Tom Brady is Barry Goldberg.

Except that Barry Goldberg is funny & likable. Brady is neither. But good reference. Love that show, btw.

Except that Barry Goldberg is funny & likable. Brady is neither. But good reference. Love that show, btw.

Yeah, I was shooting for how she babies the children (Kraft) and everything is always someone else's fault. Her children (Brady) are perfect despite evidence to the contrary. She is always going to the principal or teacher (Goodell) to demand special treatment for her children. I went with Barry over Adam because he is a bit more delusional and has a sense of self importance.

It is a great show.

Edited by Kirby Jackson