SI says Bills are a team in "panic mode" w/ QB roster hole

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly doubt anyone at OBD is "panicking" over our QB situation. We are no worse off at the position than last year and a whole lot more talented on offense from top to bottom.

I have the exact opposite opinion of SI as we did not panic and just reach at QB. We made the right decisions, loaded up at free agency given the lack of draft picks at 1st and 4th, and made BPA picks vs. reaching for a TE, G, and QB.

I'm very happy with Whaley's choices in coaching (along with ownership), free agency, and the draft. The ownership also opened the wallet not only in coaching, but also in free agency.

I'm 47 and have never seen us so aggressive at free agency. I don't think we are the dream team like butthead stated for the Eagles a few years back, but we renforced the weakness on offense.

This is of course accurate. No need to shoot the messenger. Only a blind homer would conclude otherwise about the Bills' qb situation.

Also' Geno Smith has had some bad games, but in my opinion he has flashed more potential than Manuel because he's a smoother thrower.

Edited by dave mcbride

If we took about 5 steps back, is this so hard to believe?

Yes. But perhaps its just the characterization as a "panic mode". Nothing the Bills have done has suggested they're in a panic over the QB position. In fact, just the opposite.

I think you could say we have a hole at QB, or its a huge question mark, or its the weakest position on the team likely to doomour season. But I don't think the team is panicking to fix it.

Ps - in his final 4 games of last season, Geno Smith was 71-109 for 1001 yards, 6 tds, and 2 INTs. His completion pct was 65.1, his ypa was 9.2, and his rating was 105.3.

He really improved, basically.

Let's not forget that the reason Cassel is on the roster is because the Bills lost out to the Browns for McCown's services.

Edited by dave mcbride

Yes. But perhaps its just the characterization as a "panic mode". Nothing the Bills have done has suggested they're in a panic over the QB position. In fact, just the opposite.

I think you could say we have a hole at QB, or its a huge question mark, or its the weakest position on the team likely to doomour season. But I don't think the team is panicking to fix it.

If going to argue semantics about the specific word in sure we could debate to what extent panic is defined by draft actions

But if it's gotten to that debate it's clear we don't have an answer yet, and windows close quickly.

Whether or not it keeps Whaley up at night, I don't know but I think it's safe to say it's a real concern.

If going to argue semantics about the specific word in sure we could debate to what extent panic is defined by draft actions

But if it's gotten to that debate it's clear we don't have an answer yet, and windows close quickly.

Whether or not it keeps Whaley up at night, I don't know but I think it's safe to say it's a real concern.

Agreed. It's definitely a concern. Anyone not concerned about the QB situation on this team is not paying attention. In my mind, its the single biggest question mark about this team.... Who will be QB and will he suck? I feel better about the offensive line than I do our QB options.

Agreed. It's definitely a concern. Anyone not concerned about the QB situation on this team is not paying attention. In my mind, its the single biggest question mark about this team.... Who will be QB and will he suck? I feel better about the offensive line than I do our QB options.

Agreed about being more comfortable with the line. They improved at the position. As for qb, orton is better than cassel, so they did not improve there. I have no idea as to whether tyrod is any good. We'll see.