Brady/Patriots fines

But, but, but...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/14/nobel-prize-winner-disagrees-with-science-in-wells-report/#comment-4250957

The Patriots say MacKinnon has “no business or personal relationship” with the team and merely offered his own analysis as an interested party who’s knowledgeable about the topic.

I'm really starting to hope the punishment increases on appeal.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solomon Wilcotts says the science of the Ideal Gas Law is "flimsy at best." Basing this on many conversations he's had with lawyers.

And whoever's on with Wilcotts just pointed out that, between Wilcotts and a professor from Harvard, he's probably going to go with the guy from Harvard.

As someone who graduated with a science degree that had me take Chemistry 101...

So, either a 100 or so years of Chemical theory is wrong, OR the Pats have no idea what they are talking about.

i wouldnt put much stock in the answer at all, but given the prep they do with the balls and the whirlwind of the game, it would make sense to outline the plan pretty much immediately.

i dont think thats what they were doing, but it wouldnt have been an odd claim..... outside the obvious other topics theyd clearly need to discuss.

Although I can't say it's not possible, he hadn't talked to him on the phone in over 6 months. You'd think they would be doing it weekly if they were talking shop.

Edited by The Wiz

Although I can't say it's not possible, he hadn't talked to him on the phone in over 6 months. You'd think they would be doing it weekly if they were talking shop.

oh, i agree.

but with the change in schedule, scale of the game, travel planning, media availability, and all that jazz --- it wouldnt be CRAZY to have things change routine there. especially if there was controversy going on and they wanted to make sure all would be well.

though it seems obvious he was gameplanning how to cover their tracks, and i tend to make the same jump....

The Patriots' "science expert" that has a previous relationship with Kraft...yes, he has a Nobel Prize. In chemistry. For the study of ion channels in cell membranes. He's an MD and a biochemist, and a professor at Rockefeller University.

Does anyone want to venture a guess as to why the Patriots thought him qualified to comment on the issue?

The Patriots' "science expert" that has a previous relationship with Kraft...yes, he has a Nobel Prize. In chemistry. For the study of ion channels in cell membranes. He's an MD and a biochemist, and a professor at Rockefeller University.

Does anyone want to venture a guess as to why the Patriots thought him qualified to comment on the issue?

Because weight loss is a science?

Because weight loss is a science?

Well...it does have to do with biochemistry.

I just love the Pats fans screaming "A Nobel Prize winner says science is wrong!" One suspects that if the only Nobel prizewinner Kraft knew was in literature, he would have had them give an opinion too.

I just love the Pats fans screaming "A Nobel Prize winner says science is wrong!" One suspects that if the only Nobel prizewinner Kraft knew was in literature, he would have had them give an opinion too.

Actually I think he would have written a better rebuttal than what was spewed into a word doc and posted on that website.

I'm wondering when they decided to ultimately go with the weight loss theory for Jim "The Deflator" McNally, what were the other possible excuses (lies) that they turned down for that one. They had to be hysterical.

At least now Brady has a fallback plan...if his career and marriage go into a downward spiral he can always take a page out of OJ's book and write his own - "If I was going to deflate balls, this is how I would have done it"

And Goodell himself will hear Brady's appeal. Normally, I think the guy who handed down the punishment handling the appeal is total BS. In this one instance I think it's totally fair... :D

And Goodell himself will hear Brady's appeal. Normally, I think the guy who handed down the punishment handling the appeal is total BS. In this one instance I think it's totally fair... :D

He will say Wells wrote the report, Vincent doled out the punishment, he has played no role so far so is completey unbiased.

I myself would like to see a truly independent person in charge, like the judge who did the Ray Rice appeal. If they guilty, they guilty.

Goodell hearing the appeal just guarantees the narrative that the NFL is out to get the Pats.

Edited by plenzmd1