Brady/Patriots fines

You just keep telling yourself that.

Am I going to get my comeuppance or something?

I don't really care what happens to the Pats, because I'm a Bills fan.

I fully expect the Patriots to continue to win a bunch of games. I still expect to see a remarkably disciplined team, that wins even against superior talent.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I going to get my comeuppance or something?

I don't really care what happens to the Pats, because I'm a Bills fan.

I fully expect the Patriots to continue to win a bunch of games. I still expect to see a remarkably disciplined team, that wins even against superior talent.

No, it's just hilarious to watch Pats fans defend Brady. Particularly when they insist they're not Pats fans.

Really, I find your whole shtick highly entertaining. So you keep telling yourself that.

I moved to Maine last year (I know, why?) and I get to listen to the drivel the spin doctors put on the whole situation here in NE. They are sheeple to all the media here except for Javier on the Big Jab. They are so morally depraved here and they don't hide it.

Their train of thought is, if Brady cheated and he kept it quiet and evaded, then he did the right thing because he got into the Superbowl and won it. So he did the right thing.

This is the group think mentality around here. They think its ok to lie if they get what they want in the end. I called up the radio and told them all what a piece of work they were, and advised they don't live their lives with this kind of thinking, they'll end up behind bars sooner or later with this type indiscretion. Got into a huge shouting match with Russ who is an apologist for the Patriots and doesn't have anything of substance to add to the argument, just that the Pats never do wrong. It's so infuriating but oh so satisfying to listen to to them now. They are ok

The bitching and moaning and crying about Tommy Terrific is hilarious and their fans are pathetic. Before the whole deflate gate thing, I used to call in and say THE WORST thing you can say, Peyton is the greatest QB, they go off their rocker at that and it's hilarious. Lord know's i'll continue to poke at the wound they have received with utter joy and happiness. :thumbsup:

Anyway, just thought I would let you all in on the sad sad group think here in Maine. Carry on.

Probably a stupid question, but it's the pats so anything can happen: do the four games automatically have to be the first four? Also, if he waits until just before the season to appeal, can he play while the appeal is being heard?

I heard he has 3 days to appeal. Now how long it takes for the appeal to be decided is anyone's guess. I'd guess it wouldn't take more than a few weeks. I would think his suspension would start as soon as it can during the regular season. So as long as the appeal doesn't drag on it should start week one. If it's not settled until late September then he'd play the first game or two. But I'd be surprised if that were to be the case.

I heard he has 3 days to appeal. Now how long it takes for the appeal to be decided is anyone's guess. I'd guess it wouldn't take more than a few weeks. I would think his suspension would start as soon as it can during the regular season. So as long as the appeal doesn't drag on it should start week one. If it's not settled until late September then he'd play the first game or two. But I'd be surprised if that were to be the case.

its actually better for the Pats** imo to know who the starter will be ASAP. To have it drag out through TC would be harder to prepare JG, I'd think.

So now besides an asterisk after mentioning the pats*, one would assume it will be the same case for Brady*? or should it be two after Brady**? for being a douche and comprimising the "integrity" of the game.

feel sorry for the two pee ons getting suspended by Kraft though. they just did what they were told.

Ha ha .....you said pee on. Classic.

Should have been 8 games. They better not reduce any games on appeal. I think maybe the organization should have got less and Brady more of a penalty. No evidence the team was directing it but I laugh at all those who claim there is no evidence against Brady. Pardon me, he just happens to start texting/calling/meeting with some lowly staff member when the whole thing blows up who is texting someone constantly referencing Brady and whose nickname is the Deflator? This is after Brady stands up in front of media and claims never to have heard of the guy? How do people buy this crap?

It's like Clinton saying he didn't inhale or didn't do anything with Monica. When they lie under those circumstances they just prove themselves to be almost pathological and anyone that buys it is blind. All Brady had to do from the beginning was say, "Yeah, I prefer to get a better grip so I ask the equipment guys to make sure they are soft but I never tell them to go under the minimum inflation." Case closed. Not saying that and denying everything instead is more evidence he was deliberately trying to get an advantage outside the rules and knew it.

What King seems to be hinting at is Brady could sue the league, which would likely cause this to drag into the season...

Yeah but he is not going to sue. He would have to say he was wronged and eventually he would have to show what is on his phone and Needledee and Needledum would be subpoenaed to testify. Not gonna happen.

Should have been 8 games. They better not reduce any games on appeal. I think maybe the organization should have got less and Brady more of a penalty. No evidence the team was directing it but I laugh at all those who claim there is no evidence against Brady. Pardon me, he just happens to start texting/calling/meeting with some lowly staff member when the whole thing blows up who is texting someone constantly referencing Brady and whose nickname is the Deflator? This is after Brady stands up in front of media and claims never to have heard of the guy? How do people buy this crap?

It's like Clinton saying he didn't inhale or didn't do anything with Monica. When they lie under those circumstances they just prove themselves to be almost pathological and anyone that buys it is blind. All Brady had to do from the beginning was say, "Yeah, I prefer to get a better grip so I ask the equipment guys to make sure they are soft but I never tell them to go under the minimum inflation." Case closed. Not saying that and denying everything instead is more evidence he was deliberately trying to get an advantage outside the rules and knew it.

A Timothy Tebow fan...

It didn't bother me in the least that Clinton denied it all. Perhaps he will pay in the after-life.

They were fined 500k and a 1st round pick after Spygate.

Why is anyone surprised they cheated again ???(or never stopped for that matter.) With a [lack of] punishment like every team should be cheating their way to the Superbowl.

A punishment that would actually deter cheating would be more like Brady suspended for the year, The Pats** fined whatever their profit was from the entire 2014 season (so like $50 million or something) and taking away the title. (I could see why the league would never want to take away a title though)

And I do not believe one bit the Pats**** Ever stopped cheating. They are still filming practices and games. Its obvious if you watch their games and other teams games.

EVIDENCE?!?! - In regard to the Seahawks final play in the Superbowl (the play where no one ever would have thought they would pass) HELLLLOOOOOO THEY ARE STILL CHEATING!!!!!

“Bill told me they were going to run it (in the game),” Butler said. “He got into me real good.”

Belichick knew the play would come. But likely he didn’t anticipate it in a goal-line situation where the defense has some advantage in tight quarters with the game on the line......

But no one can say now that the Pats didn’t know it was coming. That was the decisive element in the play call.

http://sportspressnw.com/2197817/2015/thiel-pats-knew-seahawks-pass-was-coming

What King seems to be hinting at is Brady could sue the league, which would likely cause this to drag into the season...

Would love to see Roger on the stand under oath and have to tell the truth on what was really on the tapes and why the evidence was destroyed

Would love to see Roger on the stand under oath and have to tell the truth on what was really on the tapes and why the evidence was destroyed

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/11/why-didnt-belichick-receive-punishment-for-deflategate/

"Goodell’s decision to tiptoe around Belichick lends credence to one of the popular rumors/urban legends surrounding the NFL’s curious decision to hastily destroy the SpyGate evidence surrendered by Belichick in 2007. As the rumor/urban legend goes, the Spygate-related information given to the NFL consisted of evidence of cheating not only by the Patriots but also by multiple other teams, in multiple other ways. As the folklore also goes, Belichick vowed to go public with chapter-and-verse detail about cheating throughout the league if the league were to mess with the Patriots again."

i guess but brady was pretty bad his first few games wasn't he? I can't remember that far back.

There's a decent enough change of it happening it's worth discussing.

Consider:

TB will be 38 in August

They used a 2nd rd pick to take his heir apparent last year

This is not a team that gets sentimental about its fading stars

BK and BB may want to distance themselves from TB after this ...I've seen nothing to implicate them

JG looked good in limited action last year. With a year under his belt to learn, if he's doing well and tbeyre winning, there will be strong incentive to keep him

Question: what happens to Brady in that scenario? Does he sit it out in NE, ride the pine for rest of his career, hope JG falters and he gets another shot? Or do a Favre and split the scene for another team? A trade gets Pats their 2016 first back

Edited by JTSP

Look, if people want to make the argument of, "Oh, we want to beat Brady at his best!"

Well congraut-u-f*cking-lations, you're going to get the chance on MNF, on the road against a pissed off Brady.Quit your bitching. In the meanwhile, I shall heartily enjoy the idea of NOT playing Brady.

I'd say about 95% of Pats* fans. They really aren't very smart.

My aunt married a Boston guy. He knows TB12* cheated. His only hope was that there was no smoking gun so he hoped (but he knows unlikely) that could help side step a suspension

My Aunt and grandmother (both buffalonians) think that Tommy boy is a saint and such a stand up guy that could never lie. I think I might disown those two from my family/life. They deserve it.